Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• the dealer that I visited, told me that the car that I wanted will cost me $19,867. It was a Titanium Gray Mazda3 with the option of a navigtation with the require package of ABS and Xenon light. Also with a auto tranny. The price also included doc fee, etch fee, government fee, license and registration fee and federal and state tax. And I live in Philadelphia, PA.
  • steveflstevefl Posts: 62
    Etch fee?! Tell him to go stuff it!

Now ask him what the heck is a government fee. You are already paying taxes. Maybe the government fee is something required in PA, but insist on finding out.
  • Titanium Sedan S, Manual, Sport Pkg, Xenon, ABS, Cloth seats, Moonroof/6CD: $19,816 + Tax and state fees. Total: $21,800.

The extra state fees were all on the up and up: tax, registration, tire disposal (NYS rules).

Tax alone was $1,734 and the rest looked legit to me.
  • lmp180psulmp180psu Posts: 393
    Was your dealer in Philly, Faulkner Mazda? I looked around their lot and all cars had window etch, and a sign saying "Ask about window etch". Your price is great especially if it INCLUDES tax. I think the MSRP of a fully loaded/all options MZ3 is around 23K. What was the MSRP on the particular car you are looking at?
  • Did that have the sport Pkg too? if it did, then you got it way under invoice - cause fully loaded without leather invoice is $19,8XX. What's Tax where you are?
  • I was just quoted $15,999 for the Mazda 3i with automatic, air, and the power/16" alloy options. Sounds good to me! Oh yeah, I'm in Atlanta.
  • lmp180psulmp180psu Posts: 393
    In Philly the tax rate is 7%, the rest of PA is 6%.
  • Last Saturday I signed papers at Wayne Mazda in NJ for a Titanium hatch, manual, leather, abs package, moonroof package, no nav. They agreed to $19,000 and gave me more for my trade-in than three other dealers had offered. Now they have to locate the car, but I figure time is on my side, should better incentives come along in the meantime.
  • The dealership I went was Pacifico Mazda. I think the place was on Essington Ave. I spoke to the fleet manager over the phone. She was very polite ans nice. Do I really have to pay for license and registration fee? Couldn't I just go to the DMV and handle the license and registration myself instead of having the dealership doing it for me and costing me a arm and a leg? BTW, the only thing that I am suppose to pay along with the price of the car is the tax, destination charge, registration, and license fees, right?
  • the MSRP for the car I wanted is $17,101. And the stipud part is that if I wanted the nav. system, I have to purchase the ABS and xenon package with both combine to $1469, just to get a nav. system. In regard to the rebate, what I heard from my fleet manager is that right my area rebate is at $500, and if I wanted a larger rebate, I have to wait until next model year, around the fall season. By then the rebate should be around $2500.
  • flatso could you get back to me on which dealership you got? so far the best price i got is 700 over invoice out the door including loyalty and graduate rebate. i would like to get the 100 over invoice, that'd be great. thanks
  • ish2lish2l Posts: 19
    when you guys say out-the-door are you including taxes and fees? it would seem to me that 700 over invoice including everything would be a pretty good deal.
  • yeah out the door means final price including all tax and fees. I think that's a good deal, but I would like to know where flatso got his 100 over invoice deal cause I live in central NJ too so i think i can buy from the same dealer. $600 is a lot of money ;).
  • steveflstevefl Posts: 62
    The fees you pay for title and license are fixed by the state, so you don't save a nickel by doing the legwork yourself. It's the documentation fee that's controversial. Edmunds has an entire thread on this doc fee and you ought to at least skim it to see what other folks are saying.

Turn down the etch fee; it's not required and you don't want it. All the other fees are legit.

Don't believe anyone's tales about a rebate next fall. Even the Mazda executives don't plan rebates that far ahead. If 2004 sales are brisk, expect no rebates at all next year. In general, it appears you're getting an honest deal.
  • I bought my Mazda3sport today a silver 5 speed GT with sunroof and air. Probart Mazda in London ontario treated me very well Sasa the salesman was very good. I paid 21950 after a deal and a grad rebate. I pick it up on Friday and hope that the snow has stopped by then.
  • Congrats on your purchase! Not a bad Canadian deal at all. Pretty much got something similar in Toronto. Plus that grad rebate really helps bring down the price (didn't mention it during the negotiation at all)

Did you get any extra's thrown into the price? As for me got the Rust/Undercoat/Fabric protection, car mats and a couple other small accessories.

I tried to get them to wave the Admin fee, but they wouldn't move on that. Still got the Xbox even thou I didn't go with their financing!

Congrats again, you'll love the car!

P.S The Goodyear tires are terrible on fresh snow drive carefully!
  • oldmonkoldmonk Posts: 38
    is anyone aware of the ford s plan? if you qualify for that plan, the price comes to invoice price (+/- a few dollars). does anyone know how
    and how much the dealers profit if they sell it at s-plan? this would be of help to further negotiate the price.

thanks
  • The S plan price is printed on the dealer's vehicle invoice and the dealer shows this to you. You must have a PIN from Ford or another S Plan company to qualify. S plan pricing is non-negotiable; your trade and financing (if applicable) are your avenues for negotiation.
  • The dealer makes very little on S-Plan deals, but does them anyway because of the goodwill involved. They get a small kickback from Ford/Mazda because of how unprofitable the whole transaction is.

Bringing up the S-Plan will get you nowhere if you don't qualify for it and are trying to negotiate a lower price.
  • stebsteb Posts: 22
    $600 discount on Mazda3 Sport GT (with A/C and moon - 5 spd). One month ago in Ottawa.

That seems to be about average from what I hear. I have a strong feeling the price of these cars will rise in the near future. Maybe $1,000. Just a hunch.