Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• almattialmatti Posts: 164
    Just got a Mazda 3 s Touring with Moonroof/Cd package, cargo nets, floor mats for $16,950 with application of rebates, financed with Bank of America thru the Dealer at 5.7% (not great I have AAA credit). Took the car April 27th at a Mazda Dealer in Westchester County, NY. I was shooping for a 2009 Mazda 3 s GT with Bose/Moonroof all over the North east area, couldn't find any in 4 dr sedan. I don't like the 5 dr HB in the 2008-2009, but I do in the 2010. No deals currently for the 2010. Really nice car. Found the 2008.5 while shooping on a Sunday for the 2009. Traded in an 2001 Pathfinder with 120K (had a bad transfer case/water pump, window motors) for $4,250. Got a new car for $12,700+/- plus sales taxes, which are deuctibel for this year!!!
  • neotrinityneotrinity Posts: 1
    I have got a quote for an 2010 i Touring 4 door, Gun blue metallic, 6 CD changer, Sirius Satellite Radio for 18000+tax+fees. Can someone let me know if this a good deal for Bay Area, CA please?.

Thanks
  • mazdagainmazdagain Posts: 3
    Can anyone tell me if this is way off? 09 i touring, AT sedan, 17" alloy wheels, 2.0L DOHC w/ VVT. After $1000 rebate plus $750more off from dealer the base price is $16.9K, 2.9% 60 month financg, plates/doc $300, and monthly paymt is $297. I have read here that prices went up during the year - can I find out when the dealer got this one? Actually he's getting it from another dealer. I have seen some lower prices here, but don't know the financing offered. We go on Monday for paperwk, so there may be some option for more negotiation.

As a background, we started looking for a 3rd family car, a used Civic or Mazda 3 or Corolla for the new teen driver in our family. 3 more new drivers will follow, 2 of them within the next 4 yrs. We wanted to keep paymt $250 or less, no more than 48 mos. term. After driving an 06 Mazda 3 GT loaded for $15K (and loving it of course), I compared it to an 09 i touring, which would last longer than any 05 or 06 used car.

At this point we have decided an 09 i touring would be my husband's car, (altho I want it I'll have to keep my YukonXL), our teen would use the '05 Bonneville, except take the Mazda 3 for longer drives or skiing. The high school is in a small city with cramped pkg, no way a new car will work for that.
  • scdelanscdelan Posts: 10
    That sounds like a good deal - lowest I was quoted was around $16k. Can you break down the price again it seems a little unclear. You're saying it's $1750 off of $16.9k or $16.9k after everything? Sounds like the first if your monthly fee is $297. I'm guessing that by base price you mean what the dealer is offering you as a starting point (still cheaper than msrp).

What dealer is this?
    Actually $16,950 is the price after $1750 off what the genl sales mgr says is $18,700 MSRP (I think this is what I meant by base price). Although the sheet they emailed to me said 18,743 and I told him that. They are also 'throwing in' all season floor mats. If this price could use a little work, I'm tempted to ask them to throw in a spoiler....
  • scdelanscdelan Posts: 10
    Then your numbers aren't adding up correctly. $297/month after tax, tags, and everything is far too low. You must be trading something in or putting down cash. Check the Edmunds financial calculator and your number will come out higher.

See if you can negotiate lower. As I said, I was able to get down to $16k for one of the last ones on the dealer lot after $1750 off.

Edit: I think it'd be hard to throw in a spoiler unless that's a dealer installed option. They might not be willing to do it. You'd be better off arguing for a better sales price unless you're really set on that extra piece of metal.
    Right...we are putting $1K down, no trade in, plus putting in the tax ($848 @ 5%). Non-tax fees for plates & docs are $349 (figured into financg). I've been using the AAA auto loan calculator.

I also looked at it from the standpoint that the total car paymts (292x 60), plus the down paymt (1K), plus any rebates (1750), shouldn't add up to significantly more than the orig. MSRP of the car. Basically, betwn low financing and rebates/discounts, I want to get free financing. That way I'm only paying what the car is worth and when trade-in time comes I won't owe signif. more than the value. Of course this doesn't take into acct depreciation.

I figure we'll like the car so much (Mazda faith) that we'll not want to trade in for a few yrs after paymts are done. I'm not hooked on spoiler, I thought it could be a dealer installed thing, just looking for something a little more
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 790
    I've been keeping an eye on Edmunds TMV for the new MZ3 and it finally is reflecting a bit of a discount. I'm wanting a 5-door Sport with Moonroof/Bose/6CD and Automatic Transmission- MSRP- $22,095 and TMV of $21,299.

Anyone seen or been offered a better discount on a 2010 model yet?
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    The average discount (from MSRP) on the (new 09) M3 this time of year is about $3000, either in cash or favorable financing terms. Perhaps less for the real cheapies, perhaps a bit more for a loaded grand touring.

If you hit 10-2- dealers last week of the month via email requesting bids you may be able to do better, but the 09 supplies are shrinking. Sometimes the last few days of the month reveal a few standouts with callbacks, but you have to email them (within 100-200mi) to let them know you are looking and exist.

A dealer should be able to install a spoiler for $300 or so, if you really gotta have it.

Seen a few of the Civic EX auto (sunroof alloys etc) approaching the low 17000's mentioned on that forum. The Lx seems to be stuck in the low 16000s. A price in the high 16000's on an EX from an eager beaver last few days of the month would be hard to turn down, if it could happen where you live. Same for the low 15000's on the LX.

Good luck
    -Jim
  • mvs1mvs1 Posts: 462
    I've been pricing out a 2010 GT touring HB, manual trans, with tech and moonroof/ bose, in the CT area. Thus far I received one invoice quote from Gallo Mazda in MA, and $500 over invoice from Balse Mazda in MA as well. I'm not too high on Balse, they take too many emails to provide the needed info and do not answer all my questions.

I'm not in a rush to purchase a vehicle, so I'll wait for low financing and/or rebates.

Has anyone else priced this configuration out in the CT/NY/NJ/MA area? My last four vehicles I've purchased outside of CT simply to avoid the $300 doc fee, and other add-ons. I've found NY dealers are much more willing to deal under invoice.
  • dakennydakenny Posts: 7
    I figured out the Preferred Buyer's Card. If you call Mazda directly, to their Customer Assistance Representative (1-800-222-5500) also on their MazdaUSA.com website, you can ask them. They have a limited number of cards, which are useful only for a new car.

Ask them and they will send you the card, $500 off :D
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,822
    A reporter is looking to hear from current car-shoppers by 5pm Pacific on May 18, 2009. Please send to jfallon@edmunds.com your daytime contact info and a few sentences about the impressions of the marketplace in relation to the dramatic news surrounding the auto industry.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications

Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• herbench21herbench21 Posts: 6
    I've been in contact with 2 dealerships and asked for quotes and OTD quotes and these are what they gave me. This is my first time purchasing a brand new car so I want to make sure I'm doing things correctly.

2009 model with Moonroof: TMV $22 423 and Invoice $22 439
    1st Dealership: $21 462.84; haven't replied on OTD
    2nd Dealership: $22 762.00; OTD $24 987.00

2010 model with Moonroof ONLY: TMV $23 934 and Invoice $22 749
    1st Dealership: They don't have this in stock
    2nd Dealership: $22 986.00; OTD $24 765.00

2010 model with Moonroof AND Tech: TMV $25 009 and Invoice $23 777
    1st Dealership: $25 149; haven't replied on OTD
    2nd Dealership: They don't have this in stock

Do you think these are good prices? What else should I ask in order to get a fair or better deal? Also, the reason why the 2010 model is cheaper is because of their Memorial Day Special.

Any thoughts?
  • mars168mars168 Posts: 10
    What will be Memorial Day special? I am looking for almost same as you, and I talked with MAZDAUSA, they said there is no special from the manufacturer, maybe it is dealer specific.
    I heard you might get quote for below invoice, + TTL
    I'm not sure what their Memorial Day special is...that's all the internet salesman said. You can get quote for under invoice? for how much? what's TTL?
    There's a pre-owned 2008 Mazda 3 Grand Touring HB Auto with Moonroof with 18K for $19 995 in the color that I want. Is that a good price?
  • zar1zar1 Posts: 24
    Purchased a 2010 GT HB Auto w/Tech & Moonroof package, auto dim/Homelink mirror, locking lugs, cargo net and rear bumper guard a couple weeks ago for $650 below dealer invoice. Note: Currently in southern California you need to add $150 to the dealer invoice shown on Edmunds to account for mandatory regional ad charge by Mazda to dealers to cover their extensive TV campaign. Was able to get quotes at invoice from dealers almost everywhere between north LA county to San Diego. Used $500 Preferred Buyers Card mentioned in earlier posts and Chase's 2.9% financing. All dealers are hungry so if you live in southern California or other areas with lots of dealers you shouldn't have to pay any more than invoice. Zoom zoom!
    That's a zoom zoom buy! :) How much was your OTD if you don't mind me asking. We travel enough times to San Diego and maybe we should look there...but if the OTD here is cheaper than the OTD over there then maybe i should just get it here.
  • steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    anyone know what i should be paying for this car down here in sou fla.2010 mazda 3 i touring auto..msrp on the cars that iv'e looked at are 19,200.00 and edmunds invoice price is $17,180.00.
  • dakennydakenny Posts: 7
    Just bought it tonight, worked my butt off for this deal.

Got it for 18,000 OTD, (paid 16,500 :surprise: with preferred buyer's card and 1,000 trade in)

Has spoiler, fog lights, and chrome gas door. Like I said, worked really hard...

In Maryland, had gotten quotes for 18,200 OTD with no options, but worked this last dealer down.

good luck to everyone... Zoom Zoom! :D