Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am looking to buy a mazda3 from a dealer in my area. (Hampton,VA) I am doing the research and have heard from a lot of people that I can get the dealer to go well below invoice price. Invoice is 16859. Do you think I could get them down to 15500. And if I did do you think they would still let me get the 2000 cash rebate? Thank you to all that reply.
  • vettechvettech Posts: 4
    I am working with a dealer in NC. Got a quote for $19836 OTD for a 2010 Mazda3 manual sport HB. But I am seeing that some folks are getting better pricing. I can't tell whether we comparing oranges to apples. Any experiences out there with the manual sport HB? any ideas on moving that price down? Any experiences in VA (close enough for me to work with those dealers as well) This was a blast to drive, but my alternative is the honda fit for $3700 less.
  • mazdazedmazdazed Posts: 34
    I would not buy this car without getting at least $3,000 off the sticker price at a minimum. $4,000 off would be an excellent deal. I bought my 2009 3i manual transmission back in March for $13,680 plus tax,tags,title. The sticker price was $17,615 which included the $670 shipping. The invoice was around $900 less than the sticker price as I remember. You won't get a deal like that on the 2010's.
  • almattialmatti Posts: 164
    Good Luck trying to get $3 K never mind $4K off the sticker price???? This car is the hottest for Mazda and is blowing away the competetion in this category. Aside from the "smiley" face grill, the reviews have been stellar. I got a 08.5 in April - new for $16.9k mz 3 s Touring with automatic - 4 dr sedan.That was $3k off the sticker with rebates, etc.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 790
    Actually, the '09 MZ3 models (what few are left) are selling for $3500 or more below sticker! According to Edmunds TMV, a 2009 Mazda3 i Touring Value 4-door w/ AT has an MSRP of $18,665 and the TMV is $15,063 (including a $2000 rebate). That's 3,602 off sticker price...a steal if you can find one!

The redesigned 2010 model is another story. A 2010 MZ3 i Touring w/ AT has a TMV of only $924 off MSRP.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,579
    Friend brought his new car over last night. Titanium color M3 I Touring with auto tranny, bluetooth & I Pod connector and he said he paid OTD $18,500. Nice car actually and when the wife is ready to turn in her '05 M3 S model, will have her look at the 2010 S model again. Love the new alloys and she likes that little extra boost from the 2.5 engine. Her's is a 2.3 now and when she needs it, she knows the power is there. Real sporty ride so I can imagine how much better the 2010 will be.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

I just signed a contract for 2010 3HB sport in North Carolina. Here's the breakdown:

Price 18,064.31 (Edmunds Invoice price is 18,854)
    NC tax/title/NCSI: 610.53
    Dealer Prep (Iknow!) 489.00
    Total Out the Door 19163.84
    This took 2 weeks of negotiating and alot of online quote from area dealers. To my knowledge there is no current dealer incentive, so I feel OK. What do you guys think?
  • jbbeveljbbevel Posts: 25
    That's an excellent deal.. even with the dealer prep.

Only $610 TTL ? Wow.
    NC has a 3 % highway use tax (in lieu of a sales tax), and I am transferring the tags from my prior vehicle. Interestingly (for what it is worth), the sales guy told me he gets a flat fee of $120 for every new car he sells, so all he did was carry my requests back and forth. (I assume he get a bonus if he gets closer to MSRP, but that was not going to happen.)
  • wildthingwildthing Posts: 25
    Heads up to Ontario Mazda 3 owners....Got my insurance renewal yesterday and noticed my premiums had gone up over $200. I own a 2005 Mazda 3 GT Sedan

I contacted my insurer and they told me that the increase is sanctioned by the Ontario Insurance Bureau based on the fact that there are a large number of Mazda 3's in the province, it being a popular car, and that as a result in the large number of accidents involving this car model and the high cost of repairing them, Mazda 3 owners will be paying a premium to insure their cars in Ontario on their next renewal.

I was really surprised by this...I'm accident claims free but because I own a popular car and that car is expensive to repair accident damage, I'm being "punished" by my insurer ???..

Potential buyers of Mazda 3's in Ontario might want to factor this into their purchase of this car model...

Any Mazda 3 owners in Ontario hear anything about this ??...
    I know you crazy Canucks have your own way of doing things! ;)

But in the U.S., any car that experiences a higher-than-average claim rate and costs more to repair than competing/similar models, the car becomes more costly to insure.
  • autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    car that experiences a higher-than-average claim rate and costs more to repair than competing/similar models ... becomes more costly to insure
    Seems reasonable.

Recent related news story on the high insurance costs involved in repairing small cars (e.g. Hyndai Accent) reported that during IIHS testing it was found that significant damage was experienced in crashes by supposedly "inexpensive" cars. Factoring insurance/repair charges into the cost of owning such vehicles, makes them no longer such a bargain.
  • sodaguysodaguy Posts: 71
    Hi, I'm helping my friend look for a Mazda 3 in the Los Angeles, CA, area.

So far, I have received the following prices:

Vehicle #1: 2010 Mazda 3i Touring, Automatic, Moonroof/Bose-- 18,782.65 + TTL
    Vehicle #2: 2010 Mazda 3i Touring, Automatic-- 17,790 + TTL
    Vehicle #3: 2010 Mazda 3s Sport, Automatic-- 18,800 + TTL

We haven't decided which car we'll be going for, but what do you folks think about the pricing?

Thanks!
  • Alright everyone, like the title says, is this a good price? BTW I have been looking since mid June.

2010 s GT sedan with moon roof and tech packages; which I do want for: $ 23,428.00
    plus TTL and tint.

I live in Arizona and they kill us with TTL. Tax is $ 1,827 Lic. is $ 361.00 tint is $ 299.00
    The price is $ 2,000 under MSRP but only about $ 450.00 under invoice. And there are no incentives right now for 2010. :cry:
    There aren't any Cash Incentives, but they are offering 60-month 3.9%APR, for 'qualified' buyers.

It seems like a solid deal at $23,400. Edmunds TMV was about $450 higher and CarsDirect was $700 higher, so you're well under both...a good thing!

Arizona has the freakiest, most horrible taxes...I used to work for a real estate developer and homebuilder who built in AZ (base in Georgia, but expanded to AZ and NM when the market was on fire)....they basically charge sales tax on a freakin' house!
  • pete22pete22 Posts: 80
    Sounds like a good price. Which area is the dealer. I am in Orange county and only got one quote for a 3i Touring but it was 18200 before TTL so you beat mine by 400. I keep hoping they have another prefered buyer card starting soon.
    I've been e-mailing all dealers within a 50 mile radius and so far, Tuttle-Click Mazda in Irvine has given me the best price-- $18,724 + TTL for a 3i Touring Automatic w/Moonroof.
  • Well thats good news...since I just got back from signing the deal.

I did know about the 3.9% for 60 mons. which I got but up front money helps take the sting out of the purchase.

I knew that I was doing better then Edmunds TMV but with all the wheeling and dealing going on around the north American continent on this fourm page, I was feeling like I should have gotten more.

But then I would be dipping into the dealers hold back funds. And you know what they say about getting between a Sicilian and his money. ;)
    Hey everyone,

Here's an update. I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on this tomorrow.

2010 Mazda 3i Touring, Automatic Transmission
    Moonroof/Bose Package
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    Wheel Locks

MSRP: $20,975

Price: $18,307 + TTL

OTD: $20,477.05

What do you guys think?

Thanks!