Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Did you buy the car? I'm in Redmond, WA too and would be thankful to know your experience and the dealer.
  • No. The dealer cannot offer any lower than 19900. I probably will not buy this model as the price it too high for a compact car.
  • autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    edited August 2011
    dealer cannot offer any lower than 19900. I probably will not buy this model
    What OTD price are you aiming at? This is a great time for haggling for a better deal; if one dealer cannot offer you an acceptable price just ask another for their best offer. Make sure to tell them that you are looking at several options and that they need to provide you with their best offer.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,822
    A reporter would like to talk with a recent new car buyer who was considering buying used, found prices higher than expected and decided instead to buy new? Please respond to pr@edmunds.com by 4pm Eastern on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 to be interviewed.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ras10ras10 Posts: 1
    Any opinions on buying a leftover 2010? Does Mazda honor any of the current incentives or are there any specific to the 2010's?
  • panda85panda85 Posts: 4
    Just now seeing this message. Too late for a interview but anyway not much interested for interview.

It was really true in my case. I didnt really have a new car in my mind. But when i found that the price of a two or three year old mazda3 were also selling tin the range of 14k or 15k stopped looking for and bought a new one.
  • pengwinpengwin Posts: 74
    Hi, I was looking at a mazdaspeed 3, truecar is telling me 22k for the base, and 24k for the ones with tech. I wanted to know if this was reasonable as I saw some posts from last year, mainly post #4713 where someone was able to grab a techpackage 2010 for ~22k.

thanks
  • New black ext/black int 2011 Mazda3 i Touring Auto w/109 mi. i Touring comes with 4 wheel disc brakes, a/c, pwr windows and doors, keyless entry, cruise control, cd player and aux port, audio controls on steering wheel, bluetooth, spare tire with jack/tire iron/etc. Mine came with the factory floor mats. Bought in Maryland but owning/registering in Virginia.

Delivered price of vehicle: $18,381.00 (includes $795 freight, didn't qualify for any rebates)
    Dealer processing fee: $199.00
    (Pre-tax out-thedoor = $18,580.00)
    With VA taxes, tags, title, MD filing fee and tire recycling fee ($4, LOL) = $19,231.65 final OTD. Qualified for 0% financing 60 month loan, no payments for 90 days.

Worked with Daniel Garfield (AWESOME guy) at Fitzgerald Auto Mall after getting jerked around by Northern Virginia car dealers for a week. Will never shop for a car at any other dealership - Fitzgerald includes freight in online advertised prices, provides consumer protection buying guides from the government ON THEIR WEBSITE, and the process was 100% easy and satisfactory, AND the lowest REAL price for a Mazda3 I could find. Sorry for the advertisement but I am psyched about the experience.
  • Hi,

This is my first post on these boards (though I've been a lurker in the past). I'm looking into the 2011 Mazda3 i-sport or i-touring. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get it for the invoice price or lower?...or is that highly unlikely as it seems to be a good selling car?

Thanks!
  • paublo73paublo73 Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Hey Calimobile, I picked up a Mazda 3i touring sedan a couple weeks ago for invoice minus a $500 Mazda Loyalty rebate since I also own a CX-9. I'm eligible for the Ford X-plan and threatened to go buy a Focus. They knew I wasn't bluffing since I bought the CX-9 with X-plan from the same dealer when Mazdas were still in the program. I still had to pay doc fees ($200), but with a deal this good it was worth it. This was at Continental Mazda in Anchorage, Alaska. They seemed to be anxious about getting rid of the 2011s.

I promise you will not regret getting one. This car is a blast!
  • I was able to buy a 3 5-Door Sport for $1,500 under invoice. I did not qualify for owner loyalty, but I did get the car at invoice minus manufacturer to dealer cash of $750, minus a private offer of $250 minus an additional $500 off instead of the 0 percent. Sticker on car was $22,565. Invoice was $21,200. My price was $19,700 plus doc of $149.95.

While I was very happy with the overall price, the experience and deal was horrible. The dealer forced me to buy window etch as well as made me sign a document saying that I "voluntarily accepted" ETCH and that my purchase of ETCH was NOT contingent on the purchase of my car.

If I refused to sign the dealer said he could not sell me the car, citing it was state law. Seriously, I could not make this up. The ETCH was another $249. Even with the additional charge, I was fine with the price, but disgusted with the dealership.

And, the car was delivered with over inflated tires and the battery cover and fuse box cover not attached and flopping around in the engine compartment.

I did send my story to Mazda North America, but only received a typical canned response. As a loyal Mazda owner having owned seven Mazdas of which four I bought new, I did expect
    more.

The dealer has yet to contact me since buying the car, and has not returned my emails or phone calls. The dealer, located in Indianapolis, Indiana is Ray Skillman Northeast Mazda. I have bought other cars from Ray Skillman dealers that went perfectly fine. Not sure what happened here.
  • Glad to hear some of you were able to get a good deal on your new Mazda. One of the other vehicles I'm considering is the Hyundai Elantra but they don't even have enough of them, much less get one below MSRP. I enjoyed test driving the Mazda better but the Elantra's seats and interior are a little more appealing to me, so this may come down to price.

groverc - sorry to hear of your unpleasant buying experience; I sort of rank car salesmen along with politicians & lawyers. I always feel like I need to put some mental armour on before I go to the lot.
  • Anyone have any luck on buying the 2012 MZ3 i Sport Automatic in September? Lowest offer in the Atlanta, GA area was $18227 OTD (new tag and everything). Should I take this deal or can I get it lower?
  • You got a good deal.. I just signed one for 16500 price + taxes .. comes to around 18k..
  • Now that the 2012 Mazda 3's with the new SKYACTIV engines have arrived, has anybody bought one or are you thinking about it like I am?

I'm wondering if they really get the 28/40 mpg that they claim. Please share your experience.

Thanks!
  • I hope so. I've got a 2008 with the small engine, and urban mileage is terrible.
    Is your car a manual or automatic?

Are you averaging less than 25 mpg overall on your 2008 Mazda3 2.0 L?
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,626
    edited October 2011
    The mileage the wife gets is terrible actually that I don't even try to calculate it. Understandable with the 2.3 engine and this thing can really kick [non-permissible content removed] when needed but the mpg's just are terrible. Will push, when the time, to get a bit of a smaller engine in her next ride. The more research I do, the more I realize that the Elantra is the right car for her...it's looks are very modern without looking like every other econobox out there and the interior is a cut above the rest. From every angle, the car just looks great. This shape looks o k on the Sonata but just looks fantastic on the smaller Elantra, just wears it better! Don't mind the bolt on wheel covers, but the alloys make the car, a real head turner! So, I'm gonna push for the Elantra unless she decides to venture into the intro luxury market. Then it'll come down to the C Class or the 3 Series. But spending that much change might scare her to much but she does deserve it. Will have to play the angel/devil on the shoulder role to help her decide!

That used '07 330i I sat in at the dealer last week was just intoxicating...the perforated leather thrones were unbelievably so comfortable and the radio sounded very nice that I think I just sat there for about 15 or do minutes just taking it all in. Decided that I could get very used to one of these as a d d even though the seat was a bit too low for my for my poor spine. With a higher seating position, I could actually do it. But they were asking a bit much for a car that old though with mileage in the mid 40's, guess it wasn't to far off. But as of yesterday, both BMW's were still sitting in the lot in the same parking places...the IS 250 was gone already. Still, what a great car. Am thinking that when I take my Civic in for the compressor problem next week to ask for a test drive in the sedan since I've never driven a 3 Series. I need to try the koolaide to see what y'all love about yours...want to experience 1st hand the experience. If it's anything close to the C Class I drove last year, that would be so cool. Hopefully, they'll agree to a test drive even though I have no intention of buying it. It just begs to be driven and it's calling my name!!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

The mileage the wife gets is terrible actually that I don't even try to calculate it. Understandable with the 2.3 engine and this thing can really kick [non-permissible content removed] when needed but the mpg's just are terrible
    Mazda claims the new SkyActiv is about 20% more fuel efficient than the 2.0L sedan and closer to 30% than the 2.5L hatchback.

the Elantra is the right car for her...it's looks are very modern without looking like every other econobox out there and the interior is a cut above the rest. From every angle, the car just looks great. This shape looks o k on the Sonata but just looks fantastic on the smaller Elantra, just wears it better!
    Agreed, the Elantra is a stunning new car in the marketplace.

That used '07 330i I sat in at the dealer last week was just intoxicating ... they were asking a bit much for a car that old though with mileage in the mid 40's
    What was the selling price?
  • Last week, I purchased a 2012 below invoice. s Touring 5-door. Manual.

Invoice: $20,600
    TMV: $21,500
    Paid: $19,500

Three things helped. First, it was a discontinued model. Now, the 5dr touring is only available as an i model. Second, they seemed very anxious to get rid of the manual trans. Nobody had even test driven it. It had 4mi on the odometer when I bought it. Third, there was dealer cash aside from what is published on Edmunds. I wasn't aware of it, but was well-enough informed about so many other things that the sales manager just assumed that I knew, and made open reference to it.

So there's my suggestion, provided you're interested in the 2.5 engine. Try to find one of those limited availability 2012 s Touring.