Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hwang124hwang124 Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    I just got a potential offer for the 2012 Mazda 3 iTouring with Skyactiv for $19,700 out the door price. Is this a fair deal?

It's just the sedan, automatic transmission, nothing else fancy added on. The out the door price includes tax, tags, and license/registration. This is a deal in MD.
  • 19,400 is for 5 door automatic with no Options I touring. That isn't out the door either. I am in Oklahoma. But I have started looking out of state and saw in Texas these cars sell for 18,900. I think since we have 3 Mazda dealers here in OK the prices remain close and competitive.
  • I just got a new 2012 Skyactiv 4 DR iGT. I put 600$ and after paying fees am paying 260per month for 36m 12k. Good deal? Other dealers were 10-40 dollars more expensive per month
  • autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    new 2012 Skyactiv 4 DR iGT. I put 600$ and after paying fees am paying 260per month for 36m 12k. Good deal?
    Fees = $?
    Automatic / Manual
    Other Options?
  • I paid $14,800 for a 2012 Mazda3 i Sport with a manual transmission back near the end of December.

For the people asking about how to get a decent price: Just have several dealers compete for your money, and let them all know that they are competing against several dealers. Just keep throwing out the lowest quoted number to each dealer and they will try to undercut each other. Eventually you'll end up with one lowest bid, at that point go to the dealer and buy your car.

Though taking the lowest price isn't always the best deal. See what type of freebies the dealer throws in, such as free oil changes, inspections, car washes, etc. Be sure to factor that into your decision.
  • johntenjohnten Posts: 13
    Do you guys think Mazda will do a 0% 90 days deferred payment special in February or March on the Mazda3? I'm still in the market or a new car, would like to get a new Mazda3, but want to pay as little as possible. I'm willing to wait a month or 2.
  • Im in the market for purchasing a Mazada 3 vehicle - looking for the best deal in New Jersey with the best finance options - i would prefer 0/0 financing if possible.
    Any ideas - has anyone purchased a Mazada 3 recently in NJ and where from. Any new info is much appreciated.
  • 2012 Mazda3 i touring hatchback, automatic, $19,940 exclude tax and plate. $8000 down, 0 APR for 60 month. no other options. New York long island area. Is it a good deal? I'm not in a hurry to buy so please share any info. Thank you
  • woochiferwoochifer Posts: 32
    edited January 2012
    Looks like the base prices on the Skyactiv Mazda3 models have gone up by about $350. I recently bought a Mazda 3i Touring AT. MSRP was $21,995 and the offer was $20,300, after including a $500 customer loyalty incentive. The financing deal was 1.9% with $0 down and no payments for 90 days. Those offers ended on January 3. Looks like the new financing program is the same, except without the 90 day no payment.

I just checked the dealer inventory, and the MSRP on the exact same model and option package has increased to $22,345. I gotta wonder if the stickers on all of the cars already sitting on the dealer lots got swapped out with the new MSRP, or if this is just something that pops up when doing an online inventory check.
  • "2012 Mazda3 i touring hatchback, automatic, $19,940 exclude tax and plate. $8000 down, 0 APR for 60 month. no other options. New York long island area. Is it a good deal? I'm not in a hurry to buy so please share any info. Thank you "

Looks good after you factor in the finance charges, or lack thereof in your case. At least in my area, the Mazda3 does not get the 0% APR, only the Mazda6, CX-7, and CX-9.

That offer looks like the dealer is taking $1,000 off MSRP, depending on the actual sticker price (as mentioned in my post, Mazda just raised the posted MSRP on the 3i Touring models by $350 over the last week). If that particular car has been sitting on the lot for a while (and the actual cost is based on the previous invoice price), you might have a little bit more leeway to further negotiate the price down.
  • My friend is close to buying a 2012 Mazda3 i Grand Touring hatchback with the Tech Package. The dealer has offered $23K and is including the rear bumper guards. The dealer will sell my friend the all-weather mats and fog lights at cost (these are not added in). No manual option in iGT or he would have taken it and saved the money. This is all before taxes/fees.

This seems like a very good price - below invoice.

He is thinking of the extending the bumper to bumper warranty to 8/100K for $1800.00.

I'm not a big fan of extended warranties esp. since the 3 is a reliable vehicle. And the markup on extended warranties is so great.

What do you think of the price? And esp. the extended warranty price?
    He is thinking of the extending the bumper to bumper warranty to 8/100K for $1800.00. I'm not a big fan of extended warranties esp. since the 3 is a reliable vehicle. And the markup on extended warranties is so great.

I agree with you and I would forego the extended warranty.
  • djens1djens1 Posts: 2
    I was initially planning on buying used, but with the current deal from Mazda for 0% financing for 60 mo and 750 cash, a new 2011 mazda3 seems to be the best value. There is currently a 3i Sport (5m) in my area with a tag on the dealer's webpage for $17.5k, but the car is also posted on autotrader/cars.com/etc. for $15,996. A few other dealers in the area still have 2011 models, but this is the only manual I've found, and manual is my preference.

Does anyone have experience, advice with negotiating the price in this situation, or any estimates of what I should expect to pay? I'm not in a rush to buy either, but would like to take advantage of the 0% if I can get a good price.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    Are you a 20-something who recently bought a new car or who is right now in the market for a new car? A reporter is looking to talk with young Americans to see what they are looking for in their next new vehicle. Please contact pr@edmunds.com with contact information and a brief description of your experience by Friday, January 20, 2012.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I would think you can go a lot lower than $17.5k on a 2011 3i Sport, considering that the MSRP on a brand new 2012 3i Sport is only $17.6k. The 2011 models though do qualify for the 0% financing deals. The current offer for 2012 models is 1.9%.
  • anyone bought a Mazda 3 recently using the Costco buying program?

I have to go in to get the price - sounds like it comes with all the incentives after using the invoice price. not sure if they would give the loyalty cash to someone who isn't a current mazda owner.

I just hate getting a price and running with it to do better, but I can't help myself.
  • uazuaz Posts: 3
    Has anybody heard of any unpublished fees that a dealer can charge on the top of the cost of the car for alowing the custumer to finance through the manufacturer? For example, the dealer told me that in order for me to buy a new car (Mazda3) using the manufacturer's advertized deal of the month 0.9% rate, I have to pay extra 250$ or go to a bank and apply for a loan. This did not sound honest to me. Please let me know your thoughts! I need to be able to rate the dealer fairly. Strangely, they forgot to include the fee on the final paperwork and I never had to pay it after all.
    edited March 2012
    I have to pay extra 250$ or go to a bank and apply for a loan. This did not sound honest to me. ... Strangely, they forgot to include the fee on the final paperwork and I never had to pay it after all.
    You're right, that sounds like hokum. It's good that it was left off the paperwork but it makes one wonder what were they thinking and how can you trust them in the future when they say something else strange?
  • I was at Mazda today to get my "Costco" quote on a Mazda 3, hatch back - i-touring. The sales woman was very professional and up front that if I wanted to take advantage of their .09% 36 mo. financing - their would be a $250 increase in the price.

She said if I were to pay cash or arrange for my own financing I could reduce the price by $250. I didn't ask for an explanation, but learned I could buy the car with zero down and finance the entire car at that rate.

The quote for the car was $19,640 plus tax and title - not bad considering the loan rate. I think I can work this a bit more come end of the month - just not sure if I can still get the low financing as well.
  • uazuaz Posts: 3
    Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I still think that the proper thing to do is advertize the 250$ "fee" upfront (on Mazda.com). This just does not seam to be the right way to do business. Also, the internet quote I got from non-participating dealers (in the Costco program) on a hatchback i touring skyactive with manual was about 18,600 which is better than what participating dealers offered - 100 below invoce. I wonder if costco deals are worth it or just a way to drag costumers in.