Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jobaumjobaum Posts: 1
    Just got the Mazda3 Hatchback i Grand Touring for 23,850 OTD in Florida. I think I got a great deal!

In order to get me to 0% financing for 60 months with no payments for 90 days I had to put 2,000 down, my credit score wasn't quite high enough.

I also traded in a junky 2002 Mitsubishi Galant 106k miles (side view mirror was taped on and had no door handle on driver side, and paint was awful and rusty etc...) and the highest I could get them to give me for it was $500, so I asked them to throw in window tints on the new Mazda, and they agreed.

Overall I'm happy!
  • phidsphids Posts: 6
    I was able to buy a 2012 Mazda3 iTouring skyactiv AT 4dr in Georgia a few weeks ago for about $18,300 OTD, so I know you can go lower if you are in the Atlanta area.
    I was able to buy a 2012 Mazda3 iTouring skyactiv AT in Georgia a few weeks ago for about $18,300 OTD, so I know you can go lower if you are in the Atlanta area.
  • drtutudrtutu Posts: 1
    that's a great deal! would you plz tell me which dealership did you get your Mazda3? Thanks!!!
    I got it at Hennessey Mazda just south of Atlanta. You may only get that price through a program associated with truecar.com so you may want to check that out.
  • I assume this was a 4 door sedan not the HB, correct? Thanks Julian
  • zigrazigra Posts: 1
    Internet price $18,898
    Romero Mazda in Ontario, CA

I need to say that the internet salesperson, Tracy Benjamin was an absolute pro. Bar none, best automotive sales experience I've ever had. I'm sure haggling over emails makes everything more pleasant, but she handled the explanations and paperwork painlessly and effortlessly. :shades:
    Yes, that is correct. The lowest HB price I could find was around $1500 more than the sedan price. Although I liked the HB better (cargo space, looks better), I couldn't personally justify paying that much more for it. Besides, the HB gets slightly worse gas mileage, so the sedan made more sense for me.
  • Hey guys I was looking at a basic mazda 3 i sport. I was being offered about 16k for the mazda3 and a 2k trade in for a pretty terrible car. I was wondering if that seems like a decent deal right off the bat without the haggling? Also he told me they would do the X plan for ford workers, any way I would be able to find out how much of a discount that might be?
  • Thanks to all for the valuable information posted. Got a quote of $18.770 OTD for a 2012 auto i skyactive sedan yesterday. MSRP was 20,400. In PA we have 6% sales tax. I also got 0% interest for 60 months and didn't have to put any money down. My joy has been short lived by seeing the upgrades to the 2013 models. I saw the new pricing schedule for the 2013 models and even though the increases are small, my guess is that customers will be paying a premium for these models, at least initially. I was impressed with my test drive and I own a 2004 s 5 speed and a 2007 s GT auto, so I could really notice the changes. I really like the Indigo color. I don't need to buy now, so I have to decide if I want to go for the 2012 at maybe a better price or wait for the 2013. Tough call! Any thoughts or just a matter of preference? Thanks!
  • Countertop4, which dealer was this is PA? thanks julian
  • countertop4countertop4 Posts: 11
    edited August 2012
    The dealer is North Penn Mazda. I had a positive experience there a few years ago. Hope this helps. I think I read that they are the fourth largest Mazda dealership east of the Mississippi. Loads of inventory there to choose from. Good luck.
  • Thanks for all the posts. They were very useful in helping me determine the fair price to expect to pay. I bought a 2012 Mazda 3 Automatic i Touring Sedan for $17,400 OTD. No sales tax for OR. MSRP was $20,345. Most dealerships have lots of them in stock, so the price should continue to come down.
  • fab0011fab0011 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Hello,

Can anyone please advise if the below information is a good deal? This information is based off of 0.0% financing. 6.25% tax in Texas.

MSRP = $20,945.00

Price: $19,845
    Tax: $1,613.76
    Inventory Tax: $82.62
    Doc Fee: $199
    Title: $37.50
    License: $72.30
    Inspection: $23.75

Total = $21, 873.93 OTD
  • I have to agree with johnarizona's comment about high dealer inventory of Mazda 3. I've checked many dealerships in se pa and they have not gone down much and there seem to be a huge inventory. It seems that the msrp was significantly lower when the 2012 model first came out, so maybe the supposed price drop isn't as great as it seems, just a marketing tactic. Has anyone else gotten a little nervous after researching transmission problems with the skyactive models? Maybe it is just the normal first year gliches, but I don't like to be a guinea pig, especially since this will be my first new car. I held off and am waiting to see what happens when the 2013 models come out. Anyone know when that will be?
    When I discussed Skyactiv with the Mazda dealer, he said they were going to start putting it in other models over the next few years, which suggests it's a solid technology. I did not see the kind of consumer complaints about the Skyactiv transmission you speak of when I did my research. I can tell you that I am getting mid- to upper-30 mpg driving my 3 I got a few weeks ago (mostly highway), which is quite nice on the wallet.
  • countertop4,

Does that quote include or exclude the $1,500 dealer cash? I believe you have to pick either the 0% APR or $1,500 dc, but i just wanted to confirm. Thanks!
  • The price was 17,900 minus 500 mazda loyalty, which brought it to 17,400. With 6% tax and prep charges it came to 18,770. I also qualified for 0% interest for 60 months and could have financed the entire amount. My guess is these kinds of deals will continue. I saw more complaints about the manual trans that the automatic. The bad part is that as much as I love Mazda vehicles, I have to admit I've read numerous accounts of Mazda not standing behind their products even when the fault is clearly theirs. Of course they are not alone in this, but still it is frustrating.
  • toospicytoospicy Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Dealer has a 2012 mazda 3 touring manual with skyactiv for $16K + TTL= Which will probably be around $17.4K OTD.

Is this a good deal?
  • I'd say that is a good deal but is that taking into account using Mazda financing or other lenders? My local Mazda dealer has 2 no haggle prices for their cars. Some of their Touring manual models are priced as low as $15598 but that's only if you take the financing from other lenders. Their best price with the 0% or 1.9% financing was $16848.