Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lara18lara18 Posts: 1
    After unsuccessfully searching for a used Honda Civic EX, which my daughter and I wanted because of the great gas miileage (and her, the added cool lookingness of it), my daughter suddenly said she'd be happy with a Mazda3 or 6. Knowing nothing of the Mazda brand, I thought I'd ask online for experience. Our money situation is rather dire, so we'll probably be relegated to high mileage to be able to afford something BUT will there be alot of expected major repairs if we go above 100,000 miles? I know that with Honda, that wouldn't be a concern for me. What would you experienced Mazda-ites sugest?
  • jfljfl Posts: 1,334
    Thanks for all your posts giving the current pricing.

My daughter just got a silver Mazda3 2013 iTouring HB, AT with no extra options for around $18,250 before tax & lic. in Morrow, GA outside Atlanta. That was about $800 less than other dealers in the area.
  • jothellojothello Posts: 1
    I bought a 2013 i Grand Touring Sedan w/Tech package - $22495 (MSRP $25,995) over memorial day + tax, title, $599 dealer fee, etc. Also got 0% for 60 months. (There were 1500 in incentives available at time included in my price). I thought I did pretty well.
  • gaoyygaoyy Posts: 2
    Is this price out of the door? I am in NJ
  • desismomdesismom Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Hi! I'm considering this car, along with a few others, but think I will be happier in this Mazda. Anyone else a little confused about the June 2013 Mazda incentives? I found an advertised price that looked attractive, but in the fine print-it looked like they combined every incentive amount and called that their "summer sale". I am hoping to get 0 % financing- does that mean I also can get $1,000 incentives too? ($500 competitive discount) ($500 bonus cash).
    Also- has anyone noticed the mazdausa.com website doesn't mention the year of your car for competitive discount, but the dealer does? I'm in Florida.
    Thanks for your help!!
  • desismomdesismom Posts: 4
    Price?
    Thanks!
  • I have the exact car I want to buy, but I'm not sure if I should get it now or at the beginning of July. Will the incentives go away, or get better, or stay just the same? Any suggestions?
  • Hello,

So far my best OTD price (MD tax @6%) has been 19K for a i Sport. 20K for i touring.

These are just initial e-prices sent out, and I haven't made any counteroffers yet or asked anyone to beat any prices.

What can I reasonably expect to pay for either trim currently?
    I know right now there is $1,000 incentive combined with 0% financing. The prices above include that incentive, but nothing for military, loyalty, etc.

Thanks!
  • tjinvatjinva Posts: 10
    Here's the deal I got on a new 2013 Mazda 3 i touring hatchback:

MSRP $20795

Capitalized Cost $19130

Money Factor: .00007

Residual: 58% $12061

Monthly Payment: $214.97 before Sales Tax

Monthly Payment: $234.32 after sales tax (Northern California)

Drive off payment: $584.77 (first month payment, registration and title, doc fees, etc)

I feel I got a fair deal thanks to the feedback on this forum. Of course, it involved shopping different dealers - some were amazingly misleading with everything from the money factor to the residual.

Since the car was leased at a very favorable money factor, I was not eligible for the $1000 cash rebate applicable to outright purchases.
  • ottobondottobond Posts: 1
    Vehicle $17,380 (after $1,000 rebate)
    AZ TL fees $1,910 (Phoenix Arizona)
    doc fee's $395

Total OTD $19,685

60 months at 0%

Good deal??
  • js2013js2013 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I am a first time car buyer (recent college grad), no loyalty or military discount. I'd like a 2013 Mazda3 i Touring and don't plan to add anything. I'm in the Atlanta, GA area. Any idea what I should aim for OTD? I have good credit and a high-paying job lined up and have secured a pretty good deal on financing through my bank, but not sure if all the rebate incentives will be contingent on using financing through the dealership. I'd like to shoot for below $21k OTD with below 2% on a 48 mo. loan. Reasonable?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
  • spretogspretog Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Just purchased 2013 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback with the Preferred Equipment Package.
    Price: $21,168 (approx $1,000 below invoice)
    Processing Charge: $200
    6% tax: $1,282
    Title/Tags: $299

Rebate: $500 (Current promo 0% financing with $500 bonus cash on Mazda's website).

OTD: $22,449

Hope this helps you find a good deal!
  • dd123dd123 Posts: 52
    Wanted to buy a cheapest brand new 2013 sedan preferable skyactive.
    with all the rebates, wondering how good can I do ?
    I am already a current mazda owner.
  • eire151eire151 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    This week I am buying a 2013 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring hatchback, without Tech Package, for an OTD price of $22,200. It has everything under the sun other than the tech pkg and the price includes delivery to my home in Charleston SC from Charlotte NC!

I am very happy with this price! I got $2000 in incentives, plus another $1000 or so off dealer invoice (OTD, inc taxes, title and fees).

I got the car via internet -- Mazda of South Charlotte (NC) was the only one around with the color combination I wanted (black with dune leather interior). I highly recommend this dealership. Cassie (internet sales) has been great.

I am excited to see what mileage I get -- based on ratings and reviews, I won't be surprised to see 35 MPG combined city/hwy (SkyActive engine)!
  • This is the 3rd Mazda3 that we have added to the family. A little disappointed there is no Bluetooth but I understand wanting to push people toward the higher trim levels. No extras added besides the car mats which is included in the price. There were 44 miles on it, which I was not crazy about but nothing I could really do. Opted to take the dealer rebate instead of the 0%. Would have loved to get a redesigned 2014 but the price was too good to pass up.

Breakdown below (rounded)

Sales Price 17,750
    Doc Fees 199
    VA Tags 150
    VA Tax 600
    Loyalty -500
    Rebate -2,000
    OTD 16,200
  • I wouldn't count on 35, unless you are mostly highway. With my 2008 4-speed automatic, on a daily route that could be described as suburban/city, I got 24 or 25, with my 2013 grand touring hatch 6-speed, I am getting 26 or 27. Rather disappointing.
  • lchen8lchen8 Posts: 6
    edited September 2013
    I am looking for deal for 2013 iSport model too.

I was told by a sales manager that I don't quality for the other two $500 rebates. One is loyalty $500 rebate, another $500 rebate is for current/retired military. So, I only can get $2000 rebate.

I was asking the sales manager if the manufacturer will open the two $500 rebates to all others if Mazda cannot sell all 2013 models. He said he is not sure. By checking a couple of local dealers inventory, seem like there are still quite a lot 2013 mazda3.

If there is just $2000 rebate, it is not that exciting to me. iSport model before tax will be around $16500 for me. OTD would be over $18000 in CA where I live.
  • rcinmdrcinmd Posts: 139
    Added to the fleet this week.
    msrp $20,910
    Only options were rear bumper protectors and wheel locks.
    Straight sale, no trade, no owner loyalty or military.
    $2000 rebate, At the time I did not know to ask about a $500 conquest rebate I read about later.

With all dealer and titling fees, state tax (6%), and two year tags - $18, 115.76.
  • I was looking online at the Mazda website to check inventory on 13 5 door and they only list 13 4 door. its like the 13 5 door no longer exists? strange. i guess they are trying to push people to the 14.
  • i checked a few dealers in my area and there are still many 13 5 doors out there. i am most interested in grand touring and there are a bunch. later this year i expect to see much better incentives and i may pounce then.