Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    Sounds like a good price to me, as long as they don't stick you with a large dealer or doc fee. Invoice on the car + moonroof/cd change package appears to be $20,266 so you are less than $500 over invoice (assuming no other options).

Dennis
  • bigfurbigfur Posts: 649
    Sticker was 21725 so i got a grand off to start and then a few hundred extra the salesman is gonna get me somehow. Edmunds trv is about 21650 it says so im very happy with the deal so far.
    The sticker is for suckers :D Dont' look at it and don't care what it says. Find the invoice price and work from that.

In any case, good deal! Around here, $500 over invoice is about as good as you are going to get for a mazda3 rigth now. The dealers sell them pretty quick without having to do much better on price.

Dennis
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Just to inform all who are interested in purchasing a 2007 Mazdaspeed3, Mazda will not be offering an S-Plan (invoice) or E-Plan discount on the 2007 Mazdaspeed3.

Dealers have no override for this.

Any discount you receive, must be negotiated, it will not be offered by Mazda.
    Rip offs, here we come - I guess.

The speed3 is already on the s-plan price list I have ($20,804 and $22,404). So I guess they were planning on allowing it, but the dealers protested and said "no way" on this model. I like the "Dealers have no override for this" - heck, they don't want to take s-plan if they don't have to since most folks will never see invoice pricing any other way.

I will admit I was surprised it was on the s-plan list at all, so not really shocked that dealers will not be able to charge "market price" for the car when available. Like Earl found out, Karma has a away of getting things evened out. Dealers who where charging over MSRP when the Miata and RX-8 launched now have un-sold 06 (and maybe 05s too) sitting on the lots begging for customers.

Here is a salute to all the Mazda dealers who will not charge a penny over MSRP for the speed3! Live long and prosper :D

Dennis
    The speed3 is already on the s-plan price list I have ($20,804 and $22,404).

Mazda has taken the Mazdaspeed3 off of the S-Plan list as of 9/28/06.
    So tell us, are you going to gouge yours, sell them for MSRP, or discount them?

Just wondering.

Dennis
    We will see.

If I can get over sticker, I will.

As for discounting, nope. Why discount? I only have 5 comming as of right now.

There is nothing wrong with selling over sticker. It's like you selling your car to a dealer and refusing to get anything but top dollar for a used, depreciating vehicle, when in fact, it's not worth in real $$ what 99% of all customers demand for a trade value. Selling over sticker is no different.

I would not refer to it as "gouging". This is simply a supply Vs. demand issue.

About the dealers crying about the S-Plan originally on the Speed3, I will have to strongly disagree. Dealers do not have to accept S-Plan on ANY Mazda vehicle. It is the dealer's choice. If they still had S-Plan on the Speed3, I would jut not accept it, and here is a 99% chance, no other dealer would either.
    I guess what goes around comes around. I would not buy an S2000 or RX-8 when they came out - dealers wanted over MSRP for them. I waited and paid a lot less and not from the dealers who tried to take advantage.

In the case of the speed3 there may be no later - but somehow (as bad as Mazda is doing) I am thinking they will start cranking them out once this first batch of "limited production" is sold. How can they afford not to? If a local dealer tried to stick me for over MSRP when he or she could, I would not be buying from them - then or later. Mazda dealers have done it with the Miata in 90 and the RX-8 in 03 and now have row after row of non-selling cars. Heck, some of them have gone out of business since those days. The "limited edition mazdaspeed6" some dealers tried to hose folks on at first is now carrying $3,500 in rebates and is still sitting in most every dealer's lot hoping for a buyer.

So like I said, you call it supply and demand I call it Karma ;)

Dennis
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    The speed3 is already on the s-plan price list I have ($20,804 and $22,404). So I guess they were planning on allowing it, but the dealers protested and said "no way" on this model

It wasnt a dealer decision...also remember, s-plan is dealer optional anyway...so even if Mazda allowed it I suspect that the huge percentage of dealers wouldnt offer it. Of course if the car doesn't sell you will see special purchase plans accepted....From what I'm seeing and hearing this speed has the highest number of pre-sells of any previous speeds. I only have one left without a deposit.
    but somehow (as bad as Mazda is doing) I am thinking they will start cranking them out once this first batch of "limited production" is sold.

Well that statement is a little off. Mazda is doing great. I'm not sure what you use as your source, but, it happen to be false information.

2005 was Mazda's greatest sales year ever, and so far, Mazda is ahead of those sales by 12% for MY 2006. Doing bad?? I think not.

So like I said, you call it supply and demand I call it Karma

Well, since I do not believe in Karma, if you happen to not buy at sticker or above, someone else will, I call that doing business and making money. Which I'm sure you do from 9-5 M-F. Am I wrong?
    My Salesman today told me that if he wanted a Speed3 he would have to pay full sticker price also. I dont get it...they had about 15 Speed6's but they were seriously discounted. So no one likes the 6 just the 3?
  • wco81wco81 Posts: 495
    Almaden and Oak Tree advertise such unbelievable prices.

With Civic prices being so outrageous, is the Mazda 3 offering better value because of the likely selling prices in this area?
    Speed3 and Speed6 were/are targeted twards different audiences.

Speed6 was targeted toward the Audi A4 Quattro/BMW buyer. Loads of performance and decent luxury for a cost that cannot be matched by competitors.

Speed3 is targeted twards the boy racer on a budget.

There is a higher demand, and less competition in the boy racer market when you figure the price of the Speed3. You can trounce a Subaru WRX for $22,800. Where as with the Speed6, you have a $30,000 vehicle. Once you get to that price, there is a lot more choices. Plus, no auto tranny in a class where most potential buyers are looking for an auto tranny.
  • guestguest Posts: 774
    You can now get a Speed6 for around 23k, with all the latest incentives.
    That is correct. But, not when it came out.
    i almost thought about a speed6 or the speed3. settled on the 3GT for the fact i wouldnt have to put premium fuels in it. Also i think the speed3 would have too much power to handle well in a minnesota winter.
    I think snow tires will probably be a must for the Speed3.

Premium fuel in now coming down, which is nice.

Not all people need the extra power, that's why the speed3 and speed6 are more of an enthusiast vehicle.
    Id love the extra power...love the fact the speed6 is all wheel drive too. Alas though i cant afford the speed6, theyd are fun to drive though.
  • Dennis -

I'm currently leasing a Mazda 6s and according to kbb (going by the "good condition" evaluation), I'm about 1200 on the upside compared to the lease payoff.

I'd like to get an '06 or '07 rx8. Although from what I've read on these forums it sounds like you can get a very good price on the 06's.
    If you are looking at KBB trade in VS payoff then you may be OK. Trade in is the most you can expect from a dealer - getting the new car near or below invoice.

I have an 05 RX-8 and I got it new last year for $500 under invoice, free wing, $2,000 in MAC rebates, and a $500 Gerber rebate. The 8 is a fun car, except it gets TERRIBLE gas mileage and requires premium. I get 14-15mpg around town and on a recent long trip could do no better than 21.45mpg on the highway with few stops. Lots of recalls (including the new motor replacement recall) and lots of new ones on the dealer lots equals REALLY BAD resale value. I think trade on my GT 6mt w/NAV and 7k on the clock may be around $21k (ouch). Good thing I am leasing it.

Depending on where you live should be able to get a new 07 8 for near invoice. I don't know the current rebate or buy down situation the left over 06 cars, but if you are going to do another lease the 07 will lease better. You can stuck with MAC, though as the poor resale equals a terrible lease deal without the MAC help.

If you can handle the resale value and the terrible MPG then the car is a lot of fun and not one I see on the road a lot.

Check in over in the RX-8 prices paid forum and see what everyone is paying. If you are in the southeast, I can probably point you do a dealer with a lot of inventory and likely a nice price on a new 8.

Dennis
  • Is your car manual or automatic? I've heard the automatic ones have more problems. I drove an '06 manual recently and loved it. Wasn't as fun as the 350Z I also tried out but imo more fun. I live in Los Angeles and was hoping to do another lease. Think I'll be visiting some mazda dealers this weekend..
  • Hey group
    I'm in the market shopping for a new vehicle and I narrowed my choices to either '06 corolla S, or '06 mazda 3 S. I'm going with mazda because I think its more fun to drive for the $.

With auto transmission, I've got a Invoice price of approximately at $17,500 from various websites. I really would like to deal for less than invoice, what are my chances? I'm planning on making my purchase soon. I live in california, OC area. Thanks
  • Hi,

Sorry to ask a question that's probably been answered somewhere on this site, but I've spent an hour looking with no luck.
    Does anyone know the invoice price for a MZ3 hatchback GT for a 2007 or a 2006?

I'm new to car buying, and have been looking to buy one the last couple of months, as my Toyota Tercel of 16 years (and 300k) is about to give up the ghost.

I've posted on the Canada forum as well, as I'm in Calgary.

Thanks!
  • Hi, I'm in the process of working out a lease on a 2007 Mazda 3 Sport, 5 door, manual transmission. I want 36 months, 12,000 miles and no money down. I'm in Northern New Jersey and the best deal I'm looking at is $285 per month (tax included). How does that sound??
    Wanted a 5-door but i didnt want to wait three monthes for it to come in so i got a 4-door. Aroura blue 5-speed sunroof and bose, no nav (im male, i dont need directions!). Got it for 20475 at Walser Mazda in Burnsville, MN. Great overall experience to the point that even the hammer (you know the guy who wants you to buy extended this and fabric that) wasnt too pushy at all. Anyone in this area i would recommend to go talk to them
  • wakkowakko Posts: 2
    recenntly got a 2006 GT 5-speed for $18.8 OTD in So Cal. only options were the wheel locks.
  • Hi,
    I found a deal is 18K + tax and etc for a madza 3, 5 doors. Is it a good deal?

thx
  • Hello, I've been offered the following:
    20200 plus 399 dlr fee 6.50 waste fee Tax is 1236.33 (6% tax) and tags 79 = 21920 OTD

What do you guys think? It would be for an automatic grand touring HB with no additional options.

Thanks in advance
  • wco81wco81 Posts: 495
    They're remodeling but claim to have inventory in the back. After telling me that they ask for $2k markup over sticker, the salesman says he could do about $500 below sticker for Costco price.

I go in and the sales manager at the terminal say they have a Galaxy Gray with ABS and the price would be $300 over invoice. I ask out the door and he says about 18,700 something. So maybe around 18,800 with CA and 8.25% sales tax as out the door price for purchase.

For lease, he says it would be 70% residual for 2-year, 10.5k miles/year lease with .0033 MF. He figures on a drive off of $900 and 23 remaining payments of around $347 including tax. Disposition would be $350 or $375.

Anyone have comparable deals to report?