Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra New Owner Reports

Comments

• I saw the 2007 Toyota Tundra in the ad. The truck looks beautiful(but not as good as the 2007 Silverado) The Tundra on the ad was a gold color. It looked great. It had TRD off road. The ad showed it to be coming December 2006.I showed it to my Toyota dealership the man said only some places will get it in December.
  • 1972ck1972ck Posts: 56
    Toyota's "STAR" safety system standard, NEW auto. limited slip differential standard
    10.5" ring gear in the rear differential
    14" brake rotors (on all four corners), 4 piston calipers in front HUGE calipers
    front full box section frame, curled lip "C" channel frame in rear
    staggered/outboard mounted rear shocks with tapered rear leaf springs for better articulation.
    up to 10,800 lb. towing capacity
    18" wheels standard on 4x4's
    the front wheels "camber" (or tilt in and out) when you're in a tight turning situation :shades:
  • 1972ck man do have some questions for you. First off if you buy the new Double Cab can you get the 4.7 liter instead of the 5.7 liter? Second,when will Toyota add some heavy duty models to the Toyota Tundra line-up? And last but not least, when will they release the Crew Max model?
  • diabowdiabow Posts: 2
    I'm looking at buying the 06 since it is available at a great discount but would like to hold off for the 07. I have never paid retail for a vehicle so would find it difficult to shell out full price. I'm looking for some comments to sway my decision. Thanks in advance
    Yes, the 4.7 is will still be available. My guess is that eventually the 4.7 will be discontinued. This new "1/2 ton" is built like a 3/4 ton. With it's available towing and payload capacities this new Tundra will do what 99% of what most truck buyers do with their full sized p/u.
    I've heard rumors that a heavier duty 3/4 and 1 ton are in development. I believe the situation is this...if Toyota sells over 200,000 of this new Tundra for MY2007 then Toyota will build the "heavy duty" trucks. Toyota has the additional space already in their new Texas plant to build a facility to manufacture a heavy duty pick up. I wouldn't expect a 3/4 or 1 ton until around 2010. When the '07 is out...drive one. You see what I mean. If you get a knowledgable "truck guy" when you go to your local dealer who can explain and show you the capabilities of this new Tundra you'll understand.
    Hi,

Boy that's a tough one. The current generation Tundra is a great truck. And yes there are programs to move 'em. I don't think you'll see any programs on the '07 truck for awhile. I guess the decision is really yours to make. Do you want to pay more for "the new kid on the block" or will the current generation be fine for what you need it for? If you're looking for something that will tow 6,600 lb.s and get a discount...by the '06. If you can wait till February or so for your purchase and can live with yourself for paying a bit more for more towing, power and size. Well, wait. My Double Cab SR5, TRD Off Road 4WD will be on the market come Feb. I'll get 'ya a good deal on my used one. Hee-hee. ;)
  • diabowdiabow Posts: 2
    Any info out there yet on the estimated gas mileage of the new 07 engines?
  • Not only do they pick the Tundra as top large truck but they also pick the Tundra as the Most Significant Vehicle of The Year for 2007!

I have been offered a 2007 Tundra at cost once all the hoopla passes. I am very impatient individual and the editor's at Edmunds are not helping!
  • Wow I got to drive a supercharged 2007 tundra today and let me tell you that it is amazing....if your not on a list to buy one I suggest you do...I also drove a lifted 2007 tundra and it was equally impressive.
    Toyota still has not released any EPA ratings on the new 5.7 liter. I've heard rumors of this new "300-20 club" it's what auto manufacture's are calling any new V8 with 300 plus hp and gets 20 mpg hwy. The new Tundra is supposed to be in that "club". Again, no official word from Toyota.
    It would be nice though,aye? 380 some odd horses and 20 mpg! Where do I sign? Should be the only question on a buyers mind.
  • Hey guys I was just at Wikipedia.com. I looked up the Toyota Tundra for 2007. They said Toyota announced that it had 381 horsepower and 20 miles per gallon!!!!!! I was very well impressed. If this is true Toyota will sell everyone they make. This is even better than Chevy's 315 horsepower Silverado giving 20 miles per gallon. I expect them to sell atleast 350,000 Tundras in 2007. then maybe in late 2008 they can start production of thier heavy duty line up. Just think about it... the Tundra 2500 and Tundra 3500.
    Hi,

I looked on Wikipedia.com and could not find any hp or EPA fuel economy ratings anywhere. Did I miss a link or something on that web page?
  • Turns out that the 381 horsepower Tundra will be the supercharge model the regular 5.7-liter should crank out some 350 horsepower and 390 lb ft torque. Who knows? Next month in mid-December Toyota will annouce their power numbers. I'm so anxious!
  • sortersorter Posts: 146
    381HP is correct. There is no S.C. engine.
  • The silver one on the third page of the article at the link looks pretty good to me. The white one on the second page, however, has to be the ugliest thing I have seen in a long long time. It is ungainly, badly proportioned, fat lipped and pug-faced at the same time. All around horrendous.
  • Thanks. They believe that the 100,000 sales goal is a little ambitious! I believe that sales will surpass expectations. I'll bet there are a lot of drivers who have never owned a truck who will purchase the new Tundra.
    Toyota sold 120,000 Tundras in 2005 with the current generation Tundra. Their sales goal for '07MY is 200,000. I believe they will sell all of that as well. The base grade truck (the white one) is meant for fleet sales. You know, highway dept.s and contractors. It might not be the prettiest belle at the ball but it'll get the job done.
  • Read the issues that Toyota is having with early Tundra transmissions.
    It appears that the transmissions are showing signs of trouble as time goes on.
    I have owned two Toyota trucks (T-100 and Tundra)
    It just cost me $3500 for a new transmission on a 2001 Tundra. Read the "problems" forum; there are many postings on transmission issues as the Tundra ages. :lemon:
    Toyota told me I was on my own for the repair albeit the truck was serviced according to their scheduled maintenance.
    Never towed; never heavy hauled.
    Be careful of the transmissions as the Tundra grows old :lemon:
  • Don't thank ME all at once!!!

I wish I had read the forum on Problems with the Tundra BEFORE I purchased it.
    Unfortunately, I am one of the original owners of the Tundra; I own a 2001. Advertised Truck of the Year back then :)
    NOW: 2006 :lemon:
    Just replaced the transmission - $3500. :lemon:
    Never towed; service according to the scheduled maintenance, and Toyota dealer service dept., Toyota Regional Rep., Toyota national, and dealership owner said I was on my own for the cost of repair.
    Read the postings about transmissions on Tundras BEFORE you consider a purchase.
    I have owned two Toyota trucks: there won't be a third.
    Buyer Beware - :lemon:
  • I was at our Toyotathon Launch at cowboys stadium today. I was privelaged enough to get a good look at some "secret footage" of the tundra. They went so far as to make sure we didn't even break out our camera phones. It was a 9 minute demonstration of the Trucks ability. Sort of cheese ball infomertial type thing, with Terry Bradshaw. They gave us a ton of specs. One they skipped though was the horse power. The only thing they said was it's industry leading. Truck looks good. It's HUGE, they had Terry Bradshaw, over 6 feet tall, in the front seat. Then they had Karim Abdul Jabar in the back seat!!! Plenty of room I hear. Anyways, first on rolls of the line tomorow. They won't hit the dealership untill end of January. See you there folks!!!
  • The 2007 Tundra is scheduled for release early 2007.I work at TMMI and we don't start production of the new model until January.
  • The dealership said they would have the new Tundra by next week?Bullcrap,I work at TMMI and the 07 has not gone into production.We have built some (in fact we built 2 last night),but they are trial vehicles.The public will never have access to them.Want to see something that will make you sick....at work we have a new D-cab that the roof has been cut off of with a sawzall.I haven't heard about the "crew max".At work,they are still refered to as B,C,or D cab.If you have any questions,feel free to ask but I can only tell you so much.I can say this...anyone interested in a "crew max" or D cab,start saving your money boys.It is a big,awesome truck.
  • DrFill,I'd like to know who your "good authority" is because I work on the engine line at TMMI and I have not been told any numbers.We have asked,and they won't even tell us,and we're the ones building the truck.
  • Where can i find spy photos and the best research regarding the supposed "mega cab" version of the new tundra ?
  • Does anybody know if they changed the transmission in the 2007 Tundra?

There are problems surfacing in the "original" fleet of Tundras.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    The transmissions in the NGT are entirely different than yours since yours is a 4AT and all the new ones are either 5AT or 6AT.

5AT in the 4.0L and 4.7L
    6AT in the 5.7L
  • Hopefully, the changed transmission does not start to fail as the original Tundras have.
    The old transmission didn't stand up. :lemon:
    And Toyota did not stand behind the vehicle. When the drivetrain warranty is up (60,000 miles); the customer is on his own. It's an expensive "bet" to make for a vehicle that hypes 100,000 - 200,000 miles.
    I have owned two Toyota trucks, and I was considering a new 07 Tundra.
    After my recent transmission experience and the response from Toyota's customer service, I won't buy another. :lemon:
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Many current owners over on TS have had different experiences and are waiting impatiently for this NGT. I'm sorry yours had problems.