Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra New Owner Reports

Comments

• ... will be 6.5 feet.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Careful...
    That would make it 78" long. On the Tundra website Toyota lists the regular bed as being 78.7" long. The configuration list from Toyota indicates that the CrewMax comes only in the 'short bed'.

Unless it was a typo back a month or so ago it seems the DCab bed will be shorter than the regular bed... at least initially.
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    "Unless it was a typo back a month or so ago it seems the DCab bed will be shorter than the regular bed... at least initially."

Careful....

Are you saying the DOUBLE CAB bed will be shorter than the regular bed (at least initially)? Toyota's miniwebsite for the new Tundra lists the DOUBLE CAB with two bed lengths: 78.7" and 97.6".

I think you were referring to the Crew Max version; not the DCab....
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Besides, the Ford Super Crew with a 6-1/2 bed has a wheelbase of 'only' 150.5". The wheelbase on the upcoming Tundra DoubleCab Long Bed has a wheelbase of 164.5" (which is 4" LONGER than even the Dodge MegaCab). Given that wheelbase, I think it's safe to say the upcoming Tundra Crew Max will have at LEAST a 6-1/4' bed.

Yep - but evidently, no turning circle..... :surprise:
  • vixtervixter Posts: 34
    According to my 07 Ordering Guide (VOAS), the Double-Cab + will have the same wheelbase as the Double-cab standard bed (145.6").The overall lengths are the same as well at 228.7".There are no indications thus far of any ammendments to the 2007 VOAS to incorporate standard bed lengths to the DC+ or Crew-Max.
    Up here in Canada, I know for a fact that the super-sized cab model is called the Double-Cab Plus. I'm just wondering why they would call it a Crew-Max down your way? I mean I agree that the DC+ name doesn't really send fear into the hearts of men (I sent my thoughts to Toyota Canada), it should be the same across the continent. Any thoughts or comments?
    Dunno why the different names for what are otherwise identical vehicles.

Just out of curiousity, if you've got bed dimensions for the upcoming DC+ version (or 'Crew Max' south of the border), would you happen to have the interior room dimensions as well? I'm particularly curious about differences in head/legroom between the two different 4-door models (and any differences in interior storage as well).
  • NO WAY will it have 385 at the wheels! It would have to have a rating of 450 h.p. to do that. I sold my 04 Tundra 4x4 Limited doublecab with 4.10 posi because of BAD MPG. I now own a 2007 Acura TL Type-S. Like driving a race car. I have owned 3 Toyota trucks in a row. I LOVE THEM! But I no longer need a truck. Good luck with the new 07 Tundra with MPG. I was told I can see one in Feb. 07. I have to see one, but I will stick with my new 07 Acura TL Type-S with 300 h.p. 0-60 5.5 seconds. :) :(
  • Trucks are tuned for torque not horsepower! Torque is what moves and tows heavy loads. The 3.5 liter in a Honda Pilot sport utility is 240 h.p. But its 300 h.p. in my 07 Acura TL Type S. At higher rpm. Look at diesals. Low h.p. but crazy torque. :)
    Sorry, all interior dimensions are still listed TBD (to be determined). I'm quite anxious to know as well :confuse:
  • That's the only sad thing. The Toyota trucks have never been the best with fuel economy.
    Why did you need a truck before may I ask?
    It's the model designation that's confusing. The 2006 DCab is the 'Double Cab' this year. It changes in 2007..

BCab is Regular Cab.. standard and long beds
    CCab is Double Cab.. standard and long beds
    DCab is CrewMax .. short bed only
    Yep - but evidently, no turning circle.....

Another development that is part of the info embargo officially. From those that have driven it in Indiana and in the recent ride and drives there is a redesign of the wheels and steering that gives this NGT the tightest turning radius in the segment.
  • 1972ck1972ck Posts: 56
    I can see why you would think the new Tundra would not have a tight turning radius. I can say that you will be surprised! The new Tundra turns tighter than any other full sized p/u on the road. The new generation Tundra turns 3 ft. shorter than the current generation Tundra. The rear leaf springs are tapered in. This allows the rear axle to act like 4 wheel steering. As well as Toyota has moved the lower steering out to it's furtherest point. This allows for tighter turns and better responce. If you have ever had an opportunity to see a race car up close and personal you'll understand what I am saying. :D
    The Crew Max bed is 5'6" long.
    I wish I could have had a tape measure (or a camera) with me at both the "Truck Champion" meeting in Indiana and at our Ride and Drive in Boston. Toyota would not allow ANY photos of the Crew Max. I would say...and this is only a guess by eyeballing it. That the cab in the Crew Max is about 14 to 15 inches longer than the Double Cab. (overall) The rear seat room in the Crew Max is just enormous. I am 6'tall. I had the front seats pushed all the way back and the seat back reclined at about 20 degrees. I still had about 6 inches of room between my knees and the front seat back. (with the rear seat slid back) I can't even begin to explain the room in that bad boy. And man, it is a good looking truck. In my opinion the Crew Max looks better than the D-Cab anyday. There will be a nice bright red Crew Max in my driveway. (whenever they get here) TRD Off Road please...and toss in a rear back-up camera please. ;)
  • I use to pull snowmobiles. Camping, trailers. Now my friends are dead, married and moved, and all my relatives are busy doing other things. So my $40,000 Decked 04 doublecab 4x4 Limited tundra with 4.10 posi, BFG All terrain ta ko's, borla dual exhaust, k&n intake, snugtop lid, bedrug, dvd system, xbox, wireless headphones remotes wasn't being used. SO there is my answer! It was the best truck, but if it had 100 more horse I might of kept it. Any more questions? :surprise:
    "BCab is Regular Cab.. standard and long beds
    CCab is Double Cab.. standard and long beds
    DCab is CrewMax .. short bed only"

Well, that explains my confusion. For some silly reason I had interpreted "DCab" as meaning Double Cab, like it has in the past......go figure. :confuse:
    Courtesy of Ts and MySA.com

Tundra production at TMMTX
  • You know what I wished I'd kept my Tacoma 'til Febuary! My Ram has so many problems just last week it sucked an entire tank of gas like that! Only about 8 MPG! Also when I start it up it takes about 10 seconds for the engine to work! Also the brakes suck! Since I bought it I've went three times to the dealership to get new brake pads! I paid 35,000 dollars for this truck I expect better quality! I'm going for a Tundra Double Cab 2x4 SR5 5.7 L V8 w/ TRD off road in Silver Streak Mica! Waiting until Feb. 2007! I drove Toyota Trucks for 10 years should have stuck with them!
  • The Toyota Tundra will be out by the end of this month. Looks to my perspective the 5.7 L will kick out 375 horsepower/ 405 pounds feet of torque. The 4.7 L V8 kicks out 271 horsepower/313 pounds feet of torque, and 4.0 L V6 will kick out 236 horsepower/266 pounds feet of torque. That looks like a tough line-up. Maybe in 2009 they will also have diesels. ;)
  • 5.7 will be rated at 381 horsepower.
  • dreasdaddreasdad Posts: 276
    Don't think thats really true if you are talking ethanol,
    diesel may be in the works but don't think you will ever see ethanol in a Toyota
    Hi,
    I just received an email from corporate today. If you go to www.toyota.com Sunday, Jan. 7th @ 12:10 EST, Toyota is showing off the new Crew Max and releasing the HP and torque ratings officially on the new Tundra. I'll have my laptop all warmed up and ready! :P
  • Anybody know what the MPG will be on the new 5.7 V8? Will they tell us Jan 7th??? Just saw and drove this new truck at the San Diego Auto show last week and it looks good.
    Tomorrow at 12:10. Then the Toyota.com website will be updated.
  • luckylouluckylou Posts: 308
    Thanks 1972ck
    Maybe the Tundra will hit the showrooms earlier , I have been waiting for months like many Edmunds members.
    If I like this truck I am getting one ASAP.
    Lou
    I know exactly how you feel. (if not worse) After being allowed to look at and drive the new Tundra (in limited time frames) I've been patiently awaiting official spec.s from Toyota. This new Tundra is a BIG deal for Toyota. It will be nice when one finally lands on my dealerships lot. I really would like to take a nice leisurely hour or so drive in one. Watch out "Big 3" there's going to be a new sheriff in town! ;)
    65% of production / sales is expected to be the new Double Cab

V6 4.0L 236 hp
    V8 4.7L 271 hp
    V8 5.7L 381 hp and 401 lb-ft of TQ

Fuel Economy on the 5.7L:
    2WD 16 / 20
    4WD 14 / 18

Pricing later this month. Vehicles begin to arrive in early Feb with the CrewMax 30 Days later.
  • drfilldrfill Posts: 2,484
    381 HP, 401 lb-ft torque, std. VSC and ABS 4Wheel, 5.7 available on all models, 10.5" differential std.

The CrewMax looks pretty good. I like the Double cab better doh. ;)

DrFill