Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra New Owner Reports

Comments

• rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    "If you do start looking, go out past Gulf states, if it isn't coming to your dealer then no dealer in the gulf states has it coming, go up to a Kansas dealer or Colorado dealer."

Our family (even though we're in central Texas) has had good luck going to Las Cruces, New Mexico to get vehicles out of the Gulf States region (plus, their selection of 4wd vehicles tended to be better than what we saw locally).
  • exactly dreasdad, thanks for confirming what i thought i already understood. yes, if my dealer is having trouble getting it, then all dealers in the gulf state region are out.

anyway, i talked to him today and he told me typically "special" deliverys take between 30 and 90 days, and that i could expect closer to the 90 day mark. Another factor is that the san antonio plant has not been tested. we don't know how productive they are.
  • hey joe, let's also remember that toyota doesn't put their trucks out like the big 3. somebody correct me if i'm wrong (like you wouldn't if I didn't ask you too, lol), but i know chevy for sure will have 08 trucks on the lot this august. not sure how ford and dodge do it, but i think it is the same as chevy/gmc.

toyota on the other hand will start pumping 08 tundras on the lot next january. just the way they operate.

go ahead, jump in there!
  • jreaganjreagan Posts: 285
    Yeah, my buddy Belias gave up, TKO in the 8th round. Now Kdhspyder is quiet too. I guess they are like their beloved Toyota's, they ran out of steam and couldn't go the distance.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    The Toyota delivery/planning is very very good. It's why there is normally very little inventory overhand from MY to MY. They know for example that the 2008's will be here in Sept most likely so backing up from there... 2 weeks for distribution...2-4 weeks for production...4 weeks for ordering...that puts the last 2007's being ordered around 5/1-15 for arrival in August.
  • drfilldrfill Posts: 2,484
    becomes you.

DrFill
  • ggesqggesq Posts: 701
    I agree. He's got nothing better to do. Belias walked away from a discussion because there really wasn't anything more to discuss and then this guy comes in and trashes him for nothing.
    TROLL....
  • ggesqggesq Posts: 701
    I would buy a Toyota over a GM product any day of the week and twice on Sunday and there is nothing you or anybody else can say to show that GM is a superior product- PERIOD. Next...
  • OK, so some of you are having trouble finding Tundras in stock. No 4x4 with SR5 you say. I accept this. It is just different where I shop then, guess I am lucky. BeamanToyota.com in Nashville had at least 6 Tundras on the lot when I first went down there, including several 4x4 SR5 which I know for sure because I test drove one of them before deciding on the limited package.

Once you sit in a limited there is no going back. Keep in mind I originally walked in there 100% sure to buy the Tacoma PreRunner or SR5, then when I sat in the Tundras there was no going back to Tacoma either. This new Tundra is like crack on a street corner in the ghetto: very addicting, gone within minutes, and if you are not careful it can get you in a lot of trouble, or even kill you... :-)

As I called around to 5 other dealers in TN I found most did have at least several Tundras on the lot as well. When I told them that Beaman had the exact truck I wanted in-stock but would not deal with me on price, several of them quoted me the same or a slightly better price and were hoping to get the truck on trade from Beaman, which was honestly not going to happen because Beaman wouldn't give it up, but when they called Beaman to ask about it this helped to motivate Beaman to drop the price some more.

When you walk in to the showroom and flash a lot of cash for the down payment, a pre-approved certified check from your credit union, and you offer to finance through Toyota or the dealership just to get them some extra points, this will get their attention in a hurry. If you finance through Toyota or the dealer you can just pay it off with your credit union check anyway and take advantage of the savings they gave you for initially financing with them. I also called several dealers in GA and KY even though I didn't really plan to shop there. They were close enough that Beaman knew I would make the trip to save $300 or more so this puts pressure on them for the price. On my RAV4 I found the exact vehicle I wanted in KY. Beaman beat the KY dealers price and then went to get it for me, plus they gave us $100 cash to go eat dinner and have drinks while we waited for it to arrive. I have tried lots of dealers for new and used cars but nothing beats Beaman if you know how to shop.

Their service is also first rate. Unfortunately I know them very well since my 2002 Tacoma was hit 4 times! in as many years. 3 were not my fault, 1 was no fault, and 1 was an illegal immigrant with no insurance when it was less than a week old off the dealer lot brand new. Talk about hopping mad.... :mad:
    my 2002 Tacoma was hit 4 times! in as many years. 3 were not my fault, 1 was no fault, and 1 was an illegal immigrant with no insurance when it was less than a week old off the dealer lot brand new. Talk about hopping mad....

Toyota math???
    I would buy a Toyota over a GM product any day of the week and twice on Sunday and there is nothing you or anybody else can say to show that GM is a superior product- PERIOD. Next...

Well, you'll probably need to buy one that often....

How about.....GM has a superior product??? There, that was easy.
  • bugchuckerbugchucker Posts: 118
    I was just reading a top 10 list of America's Most Admired Companies. Toyota was 3rd after GE and Starbucks. No GM listed. One would believe that GM would be admired if they had a superior product as you claim.
    Oooohh Boy!!! Top 10 Most admired list...whoooweeee!!! Congrats on that one!!! I'm gonna trade my GM in on a Toyota right away!!!

You're really reaching now. Comparing crapola like that....

Starbucks and GE? Do they make trucks now too? May as well, they have just as much experience in this segment as Toyota does.
  • my 2002 Tacoma was hit 4 times! in as many years. 3 were not my fault, 1 was no fault, and 1 was an illegal immigrant with no insurance when it was less than a week old off the dealer lot brand new. Talk about hopping mad....

Toyota math???

Very funny wiseguy. Numbers were not mutually exclusive.

GM, Chevy, Ford guys can click here for the definition. ;)
    my 2002 Tacoma was hit 4 times! in as many years. 3 were not my fault, 1 was no fault, and 1 was an illegal immigrant with no insurance when it was less than a week old off the dealer lot brand new. Talk about hopping mad....

Your fault or not, sounds like you need to take a Defensive Driving course.

"Silly rabbit, Toy trucks are for kids"
  • grd398sgrd398s Posts: 15
    Anybody know a firm date when the CrewMax will start arriving at dealers? I've heard March...it's March...and I'm ready!

I've got to test drive the CrewMax and see how much room there is in the back seat after two car seats and a 100 lb dog. My wife wants to wait for the new '08 Sequoia...I'm opting for the Tundra CrewMax. My wife is 5'1" - she's worried that a.) there won't be enough space in the back seat, and b.) she won't be able to get the kids up into the car seats. Anybody have experience with this on the double cab? I assume the cab height is identical.
  • wilee, i have seen a few 4x4 SR5's in stock, but that is not what i am wanting. I have not seen anything even close to what I ordered yet, a 4x4 TRD SR5 with leather and in blue streak. not asking for much, just what i want.

What is wierd is that I am ready to buy that sucker right now today, and nobody can seem to find one; but, according to the build software and brochure, i can get one exactly the way i ordered it. kind of funny.

time takes time, i guess.
  • don't know, but surely we will see 4x4 trd's before we start seeing crewmax's????????????????????????????????????

HAS ANYBODY OUT THERE EVEN SEEN A DC 4X4 TRD YET? EVEN ONE?
  • Hey, just got a call from my dealer. My truck in showing up in the computer as "in build status" and "sold". should be in my mits in about 4-weeks. It was worth waiting for since this is what I will drive off with on that glorious day:

DC SR5 TRD leather 4x4, power bucket seats w/ console shift, xtra front skid plate, running boards, rear underseat storage, heated tow mirrors, cold kit, night mirror, shield package, faulty fuel gauge, dealer installed toyota backup camera, in blue streak.
    $37, 200 out the door.

Spyder, you're the man! Your info has been on target from git go.

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE ALONG THE WAY TOO WILDBILL.
  • "HAS ANYBODY OUT THERE EVEN SEEN A DC 4X4 TRD YET? EVEN ONE?"

sure, I bought one in Clarksville, TN 11 FEB and noticed two today on the lot in Richmond, KY.
  • that's good jaymack. I am in the gulf state region and haven't seen a single DC TRD 4x4 as of yet. I have seen one single cab TRD 4x4, but that's it.

I guess they are coming though.
  • joe140joe140 Posts: 22
    Then why buy a 2007 and take the hit on a years depreciation if you can't take delivery till late in the year? They have missed the boat by making what they thought we would buy and not making what we want when we want it. I too have seen many dealers with trucks on the lot. So explain why so many are talking about having to wait 90 days to get theirs? Wrong packages??
  • joe140joe140 Posts: 22
    I did, paid money down and all. But if they can't deliver by the end of April, deals off. Again, depreciation goes on despite TOYOTA's deliverly problems. Now if they discount it as a year old truck, I will stick with them.
  • cbuellgocbuellgo Posts: 12
    I Have seen a DC 4x4 TRD and thought that's the one; but it had the little motor. On the West Coast.....
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,175
    TRD models are common on the lots here in MA.
  • dreasdaddreasdad Posts: 276
    So why is it that you are posting on a this thread, do you own a New Tundra, can you answer any questions as to what controls what on a new Tundra?
    Or do you just post on here for your ego?
    Sure, why not? Ask away.

BTW, do you own a new Tundra? Or any truck for that matter?
  • dreasdaddreasdad Posts: 276
    Yes I do own a Tundra, not a new one but a 2001.
    If you would click on my profile you will see I am with Toyota in sales so I post on here to answer peoples questions about their new trucks, what options they can and can't get and to explain about the new features

so why again are you posting on this thred other than to be a TROLL
  • I saw a light blue Tundra Crew Max today, looks very nice, only thing is that the bed is useless, it's too short. I've heard rumors that next year a long bed will be avalible.

My Tundra right now is just the best you can get, averaging 18 mpg, nearly 4k miles, and it rides like a truck.

Best Gas Mileage: 21.1 MPG
    Worst: 9.5 MPG
    Average: 18.0
    Current Mileage: 3899 miles

No problems at all. The 6 speed tranny is superb, quick and easy acceleration. BTW My Tundra has a TRD off road package, and just go through anything off road! ;)
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    You're Welcome. You will love yours when it arrives. Take care.