Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3 vs Subaru Forester XT vs Infiniti FX 35 vs Toyota RAV4

1343536373840»

Comments

• I should be enjoying this adventure of test driving cars/suv's but I've actually found it to be overwhelming and frustrating. I currently have a Toyota Sienna that has 164,000 miles on it. It has been a trooper. Served it's purpose well. I'm looking for the NEXT car/suv. I obviously don't trade out cars often so I figure I'll have it for awhile. My husband wants me to get a 4 Runner. I don't know that I want to drive a TRUCK. I was thinking it was time for some fun if possible while transporting two teenagers and a large dog. I drove an FX 45 and feel in love. No cargo space though. I have also driven an MDX, pilot, highlander, lexus 470, and MB R series.
    The Mercedes Benz was amazingly large. I like the second row bucket seats and it handles nice. What else should I try?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I guess you don't want another minivan?

I have a new Sienna and that 3.5l V6 is a gem. I brought home 50 bags of lava rocks this week. Everything fits.

It may be big if you only have 2 kids, though. Do they bring friends along a lot of the time?
  • Definitely check out the Audi Q7. Its got the room of the R-Class (and the bucket seats in the back as an option), the style and drive of the FX, and the luxuriousness of the Lexus and Mercedes. Ive had mine for a little over a year and its the best car Ive owned by far. No problems with reliability, looks awesome, drives AMAZINGLY. Make sure you give it a try I bet you'd like it the most out of all the cars you've looked at
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Posts: 5,751
    If you're checking out the Q7 might was well check out the X5. It's a dream on wheels and handles and drives amazingly. If you spring for the 4.8L you can burn rubber.
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Posts: 1,740
    I looked at both of these and it became apparent the BMW was downright cramped for driver footspace due to a huge transmission tunnel. Long trips would have been no fun.
    The '09 Forester proved somewhat better, if no match for the Honda CR-V. Still it had just enough footroom for me.
This discussion has been closed.