Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Nissan Pathfinder

14567810»

Comments

• hipreckhipreck Posts: 64
    It does and I love your term "sip". More of a gulp and burp in reality.
  • atlgaxt said 4X2's are more likely to rollover than 4X4's, but The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said The Ford Ranger 4x2 and Mazda B-Series 4x2 fared better than the four-wheel-drive version, earning three stars and a 21.9 percent chance of rolling over.

Is this normal or in other tests does the 4X4 fare better?
  • According to Nissan's specs on their website:

"Use regular unleaded fuel with 87 octane. For maximum power, use premium fuel."
  • This is off the topic of the new pathfinder, but the answer to your question is basic physics. The higher the center of gravity, the more likely a vehicle is to flip over on a turn. For vehicles where the 4x4 and 4x2 have the same suspension and the same height, a 4x4 will likely have a lower center of gravity since the add'l weight for the 4x4 is added at the very bottom of the vehicle. Many vehicles however have increased the hight of their 4x4 models by using stiffer springs or making other suspension changes. This causes the center of gravity to rise, meaning that for these types of vehicles, the 4x2 is probably less likely to roll. The ranger is one such vehicle, as the 4x4 model is several inches higher than the 4x2.
  • iraselirasel Posts: 1
    Hey all, just picked up my black 05 PF SE with comfort and premium packages. Personally I like the look of the steel interior compared to the wood trim interior. Dealer said "it says to use premium fuel. So you can use regular". In terms of everything else, I love the car so far (especially compared to my 03 Xterra), getting the alarm and remote start installed next week.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,822
    The 2005 model has been out for awhile, so it's time for us to join other owners & enthusiasts in the active discussions about Pathfinders. You can start in one of these discussions:
    Nissan Pathfinder: Prices Paid & Buying Experience
    Nissan Pathfinder

Or use the search tools at the left to find the other discussions about the Pathfinder. To those of you who have purchased, enjoy your new SUV! And don't forget to share your purchasing experience.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

14567810»
This discussion has been closed.