Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Funny, I don't like chrome so if I had a base model I'd swap with you. ;-)

I bet that's a $120 item from the parts dept. Shouldn't be too much to sway an entire purchase.

-juice
  • sivisivi Posts: 20
    why can't nissan put a in diesel in pathfinder like my s-claff s class mb diesel . the mb pulls like a v8. 21 city 28 highway. this m-b 3.5 hog weighs'5500 pounds?
    Let's see how the Touareg sells with the diesel option. It's mega-pricey though.

Liberty is the only affordable SUV with a diesel option, if it's even here yet.

So, production moves from Japan to the US? I hope they dot the is and cross their Ts.

-juice
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,652
    not really a good comparison. It's mega-expensive because it's a mega-engine (5.0 V10) and super expensive to build.

Bob
    Well, that's all we have to go buy as this time. You can't even get a 1/2 ton truck with a diesel, only the HD ones get it.

-juice
  • 2fastdre2fastdre Posts: 59
    Nissan announced the power for the Frontier 4.0 V6: 265 hp / 284 lb-ft. I assumed that this is same for all 3 applications: Frontier, Pathfinder, Xterra. Well, nissanusa.com future vehicle section says that Pathifinder 4.0 V6 is rated at 270 hp and 291 lb-ft! They tuned the engine even higher for the Pathfinder. They also rate it at 6000 lbs maximum tow weight. It also has all the other goodies, including DVD based navigation system. It sounds very good!

2FastDre.
    Holy horsepower, Batman!

Torque is solid, too. Guess the extra displacement helped there.

Solid. Ought to compete well with the 4Runner V8, even.

-juice
  • The edmunds.com article really didn't say much about the 4wd system. I was somewhat hoping for a full-time 4wd option, like the Land Cruiser.
  • cericceric Posts: 1,093
    It is the same used in Armada. Read all your want in Armada description.
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,652
    is much like the ControlTrac and InstaTrac found on Ford and GM products. It's an on-demand 4WD, which activates only when needed. I too wished for a permenent and/or selectable full-time 4WD mode to be available, like that found on the 4Runner V8 & V6.

Bob
  • EXACTLY! AGAIN the us car market is decades behind the rest of the world. I will buy the first diesel mid sized suv that comes on the market (and i dont mean a overpriced v10 like the VW Toureg!)
  • We do not need to put deael in the pathfinder, what need to happen is we need to take place is that the Fed Gov need to allow the mass production of the advance new tech /carburetor that will give use better gas milage.
  • WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!!!!!!!! WE NEED A THIRD SEAT IN IN THE NEW PATHFINDER.
  • I think it needs to be noted that the cost betweeen the Armada and the QX 56 is out rage. A ten thousand dollar diffrent for the same auto.
  • cericceric Posts: 1,093
    I researched QX56 and Armada quite extensively. The actually MSRP difference is about $7000 , feature to feature. However, QX56 have many enhancements over Armada on the same features, say power seats (6-way vs 8-way), etc. I used to have a whole table of differences posted in QX56 board or Armada board, you may look it up if interested.
  • atlgaxtatlgaxt Posts: 487
    Please tell me you are joking about the carburetor that evil forces in the government will not let us have. If not, you have been reading too many thirty year old Popular Mechanics magazines and watching too many X Files re-runs.
    I'm sure Infiniti has a longer warranty and a few perks like service loaners. That matters to someone spending $50 grand on an SUV.

third-row seat is now standard equipment

And it split-folds, unlike the Armada/QX.

I wonder if it'll sell as well as its unibody predecessor, or better.

-juice
  • I just read the edmunds' 2005 Pathy review. It sounds pretty good, but it left me wondering about 2 things.

1 - Whether the lack of a V8 option will be the downfall of the 2005 Pathy. I have been very happy to hear the increase of the 4.0 V6 power, but the review points out that the overall weight also increased - thus canceling out the increase of power. Almost every other competitor has a V8 option (even the Volvo XC90). I am specifically looking for the extra oomph because of the high altitude towing that I do.

2 - The review states that the onroad handling has been slightly affected (in the negative direction) by the fact that it uses a body on frame design. They say that the current model has a slight edge on handling. Although, the off road capability has increased - they should be careful not to screw up the onroad handling. Most of these SUVs will never go off road.

That said, I will definitely test drive the next Pathy when looking for a new truck. And there is a good chance that I will buy a SE OffRoad model.

2FastDre.
This discussion has been closed.