Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Frontier 2005+

Comments

• After studying the reviews at Tire Rack I just replaced my original Grabber AWs (65k & still had usuable tread) with the Grabber HTS on my '04 Kingcab, 2WD. I am very pleased with them so far. Smooth, quiet and good handling on dry, very good in rain and pretty good in fresh snow. Not so good on ice or icy slush. I have two sand bags in the back which helps. The only con is a flat spot thumping on extremely cold mornings when I first take off. Goes away when the tires warm up. Overall I'm a big fan of General Tires. Very pleased with the Tire Rack, too.
  • I got the same tires for my 2006 a couple weeks ago. My experience has been pretty much the same as yours. I always felt uneasy driving in the wet with the OE AW's. Now I feel secure in the wet. My only experience that is different is that even with temps in the mild 40's and 50's I get the flat spot thumping for a few miles.
  • Well, I went to the dealer a couple weeks ago for a recall. Mine is a 2006 XE 4cl auto. For the past 3 1/2 years I have been consistantly getting from 21 to 22 mpg in mixed driving - rarely more or less. Since the dealer reprogrammed my ride I have been getting from 18 to 19 mpg. I plan to complain loudly this week to try to get back to where I was. If you haven't done the recall yet, I highly recommend you think about it. My truck runs a lot better now, but it is not worth it. If I take my foot off the pedal it goes almost 10 mph. I am really steamed about this.
  • asaasa Posts: 359
    So that readers are kept straight, this is likely TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) NTB08023 which reads that Nissan has determined that on some 2005 and 2006 Frontier vehicles with 2.5 liter engine there is a possibility that the program in the Engine Control Module (ECM) may lead to the improper operation of the evaporative emission control system. To prevent this potential condition from occurring, Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Emissions Recall Campaign to reprogram the Engine Control Module (ECM).
  • kbackbac Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2005 Nissan Frontier NISMO Crew Cab and after 2 mouths I developed a squeak that I think is coming from the front end. It only squeaks when
    I drive on semi rough roads, it sounds like a rubber bushing but not sure. Any one else having this problem and can anyone help me.
  • Sounds like you bought the one I traded in a few years back. Great truck. Never totally eliminated the front end squeak, but it seemed like it was coming from the rubber stoppers on the bottom of the front of the hood.
  • I had the same problem and still do occasionally with mine. Mine is the hood, I just let the dealership know when it's making noise and they adjust and grease it for me.
    Thanks for the help, I tried grease on the hoods rubber stoppers and even the rest of the rubber gaskets under the hood and the squeak is still there. The only time I don't have the squeak is when its raining or its the truck is wet.
  • driver56driver56 Posts: 408
    Sounds exactly like my 07 Nismo. I'm sure the suspension is the issue, not sure where though. I'm taking it in next week for a service, will mention it then and see where it leads.
  • driver56driver56 Posts: 408
    Had my 07 Frontier in for a service yesterday. The mechanic traced the squeak to the hood bump stops, so adjusted and lubed and now the squeak is no longer. I'll see for sure when it is taken out over rougher roads though. I can certainly live with it the way it is, time will tell. No issues other than that, so I'm very pleased thus far with the truck.

Mick
  • gymbogymbo Posts: 37
    Rear splash guards came with paint protective strips,front ones don't. Does anyone know why,are they really needed on the rear and if so, how difficult to install the protective strips?
  • You should include Pathfinder owners in this database as they are suffering the same problems (happened to mine, I was one of the "lucky ones" who was covered by Nissan USA). Nissan should be held accountable.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f177b6c/237
  • shufflesshuffles Posts: 50
    I somewhere that Nissan is going to recall some Frontiers for faulty fuel gauges. Anyone out there know anything about that?
  • eoghan1eoghan1 Posts: 57
    I did a search and found your comments on the wind noise similar to what I have on my 2010 LE CC. It begins at around 35mph and is most noticeable from the passenger seat but seems to emanate from the left rear door. I expect it would get pretty annoying on a trip. I will tinker with some masking tape when our weather warms. Although it has been a while since your post I am hoping you can get back with some suggestions. Thanks
  • asaasa Posts: 359
    The problem is Nissan's fuel sending units (FSUs) in the fuel tank which causes an inaccurate gauge reading. The recall affects Frontiers, Pathfinder and Xterras produced from January to March 2006 and October 2007 to January 2008. Nissan will be sending letters to owners in late March 2010 I have read.

It's clear the FSU problem affects many vehicles outside of these dates, so I'm not sure what Nissan is thinking. :confuse:
  • I'd like to hear from 2005-2008 Nisson owners that are having trouble with gas gauge, radiator leaking into the transmission trouble, brakes wearing alot turned down a couple of drums, Both catalytic converters replaced.
    Had to put a gallon of antifreeze in vehicle already; heat gets its cold spells.
    Violent shaking of vehicle little over 50,60,70. Thought this was the brakes or vaccum leak, or tires, or catalytic converter.
  • 05nismo605nismo6 Posts: 10
    I have a 2005 Frontier Crew Cab with NISMO package.

My gas gauge hasn't worked in over 8 months. Fill up causes the empty light to come on and the needle to go to E, at about 3/4 of a tank it decides to work again. This all causes my check engine light to come on. Dealer wanted $500 to fix it, I said I think I'll just drive about 300 miles and fill it up, clear the trip meter and repeat. I've had numerous problems with my Frontier, including but not limited to, computer replaced, u-joint and drive shaft, rear differential problems, rear axle seals busted and had to be resealed (both sides), vent control valve went bad, clutch fan replaced (whatever that is), driver door not aligned properly, hood squeaks if not correctly aligned and greased, and a new radiator. All of this except the radiator and gas gauge happened before 66k miles, and the only thing I paid for was the radiator and the Vent Control valve and clutch fan. I raised heck with Nissan over the other things especially the rear axle seals and u-joint/drive shaft.
  • I have a frontier with a transmission problem from a faulty radiator which leaks into my tranny. I'm hoping nissan takes care of this problem.
    Can anyone tell me where I can get a stock roof rack for a crew cab, I have a 2005 Nismo and would like to but a rack on it but can't find one, Nissan wants to much.
  • 2005 Nissan Frontier have had to have both catalytic converters replaced. One failed at 78K, they other at about 110K. Dealer would not honor 80K warranty on first. Taking dealership to small claims court to recoup cost.