Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Frontier 2005+

Comments

• atlgaxtatlgaxt Posts: 487
    I'll repeat two questions I asked a while back.

1. What does the engine / exhaust sound like? I do not want a loud truck, but a little growl from the exhaust would be nice. Generally, I think V6 engines do not sound all that good, but I think Nissan does a good job with the 350Z and the G35 coupe.

2. Are the storage bins under the back seats removable? I love the flat floor on the back of the Titan, and although that truck has a nice V8 rumble, it is just too big for me. However, me and my two mutts will be sorely dissapointed if you cannot remove the junk under the back seats on the Frontier crew cab to create a flat floor. Not having a flat floor available would kill the benefit of having the fold up back seats. Am I a wierdo? Why can't more truck makers understand this?
  • engine & exhaust sound fine to me. note 'fine' is a relative term. it's neither loud nor quiet. just 'fine' but i wouldn't mind adding a catback system to get a few more ponies and a little louder sound.

the storage bins under the backseats are removable. however the floor back there is not completely flat; but flat enough for me if i want to throw stuffs back there. i don't have dogs so not a biggie issue for me.

i wish that nissan can make their back area more roomy, more comfortable, more recline, more storage spaces like the tacoma which i think scores big in the space design.
  • badnessbadness Posts: 242
    Talor,I've been doing the same thing on search wise with the Mi. thing.

Dose anyone now how the seats are in the King cab le are,and can you adjust the seat hight at all.

Thanks.

Badness(NJ)
  • jjpeterjjpeter Posts: 230
    With all due respect, do you even read over your words before hitting the post button? There is a spell check feature...

The seats in the LE are the same as in the SE, in fact they are the same in all models with the following exceptions; Nismo gets other color choices, blue I've seen, and then leather is also an option. Also, there is a seat up-down dial for the drivers seat.
  • You just need to buy an LE and take the nerf bars off. The LE has the power pak, alloy wheels, fog lights, spray in bed liner, seats, hold down system and stereo with no offroad. If you just get on w/out all the bells and whistles and with a little bit of price shopping you should be able to get one fairly priced.
  • 1)engine and exhaust sound great. You can't even here anything in the cab.

2)All the brochures and even the web state that the bins are removable. And having an 05 i would concure. they have easily removable screws that can be unscrewed by hand no tools needed.
  • 1. I agree, the cab is very quiet. The Titan has much more engine noise at highway speeds (which i did not like, great in town, but on the freeway, give me a smooth and quiet ride).

2. After you remove the bins, is the floor flat or does it have a hump?
  • jasong2jasong2 Posts: 18
    Regarding the flatness of the floor . . . there is a dividing hump in the middle that separates the back floor into two shallow foot wells.

Also, wanted to give a MPG update . . . 319.2 miles / 16.32 gallons = 19.55 MPG.
  • Is there a way to cleanly remove the roof rails from an LE? I'm getting one either way but I would prefer one without the roof rails. I'll rarely use them and think they are ugly.
  • atlgaxtatlgaxt Posts: 487
    I realize that there is a driveline hump. My dogs can deal with that. But I just wanted to make sure the plastic storage bins came out. In any case, sounds like the back of the crew cab has some good cargo / dog utility.
  • Thanks - I have been using that and really couldn't locate what I wanted locally, but I am off to a soccer tourney this weekend with my kids and I have spotted one that looks like a fit very close to where we will be. We'll see. I think it is pretty darn accurate - I saw one truck listed and went over to look at it and it was fresh off the delivery truck.
  • The 2005 Frontier has finally made it to Edmunds. Full invoice pricing, reviews and pics.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,269
    Emphasis on "finally." ;-D Thanks for the update!
  • PaulPaul Posts: 9
    I test drove a Nismo and the LE and there is a difference in ride quality. I would suggest that you drive both before you buy. I decided on the LE Crew Cab and I love it. Good luck.
  • same here - I went with the LE also and really like it. Picked it up yesterday and drove it about 100 miles. The Nissan inventory web locator helped me find the one I wanted - color and options.
  • I tried contacting 2 different dealers in the Toledo,OH area via the web about a price and availability on a '05 Frontier XE King Cab and got no response. I get an e-mail from Nissan asking me if these dealers got back with me, I replied NO, so they give you a 800 number to call if you still haven't heard from the dealers, it's to the Customer Affairs Dept. I called today (1/17) and talked to Walt in that dept., and I told him I still haven't heard from them, he replies "so what do you want me to do", I couldn't believe he said that. I said well it's obvious Nissan doesn't want to sell cars, his reply was each dealer is independently owned & operated, and Nissan can't make them get back with the customer. I told Walt it looks like I'll be buying a '05 Tacoma instead, he replied "go for it".

One would think they would be apologizing for the dealer not getting back with you, and contacting the dealer and asking why. I can not believe this is Nissan's attitude toward selling new cars.
  • dbauerdbauer Posts: 416
    so let me get this straight...

you sent emails to 2 dealers, and got no response...then you called nissan to complain about it...and are unwilling to get a nissan that you originally wanted.

you probably spent more time on the phone with "walt" than you would have if you just called the dealers...heck, if you talked to the right person at the dealer, you may have got some extra concession out of them for the trouble.

sounds like you sure outsmarted yourself there.

p.s. i think this is nissans atitude toward people who get an attitude with them. get over your ego and pick up the phone to the dealer.
  • driftracerdriftracer Posts: 2,692
    was between the e-mails and the follow-up phone calls, not to the dealers, but to corporate HQ, where personnel CAN'T sell a truck.

Some dealerships don't like the whole internet sales concept - it generates 150 dealer mass e-mails, where most dealers know they haven't got a prayer of hitting that magic number that could be beaten by $10 down the road - total waste of time for 149 dealers...

Call it old school or whatever, but you can't buy a car on line, and you can't sell a car on line - at some point, especially in new cars with financing involving, you have to look someone in the eye and sign some papers. When you look me in the eye and are physically present to sign, I'll have someone sell you a vehicle...
  • Anyone get an outrageous quote from your dealer to put on a tow hitch? I got $500 and told them to shove it. (well, I said no). Anyway, I've been looking at hiddenhitch and other sites and can't find one that has been made for the '05 Frontier. Any suggestions? I'm thinking it should cost $200-$300 for the hitch plus wiring. am I wrong here?
  • First off dbauer I don't have an ego, second of all I'm not going to beg anyone to sell me a new vehicle. I spec'd out the vehicle on Nissan's website and then it ask you which dealers in your area do you wish to get a quote from. As far as I'm concerned Walt needs to be fired, period!

You don't get it, it was Nissan who sent me the e-mail asking if these dealers had contacted me yet.