Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Frontier 2005+

Comments

• jmessjmess Posts: 677
    The street price for the ranger and the dakota are easily $4K-$6K below MSRP with all the factory and dealer discounts that are flying around.
  • bowke28bowke28 Posts: 2,185
    really??? where?? please tell me so i can go buy a bunch.

seriously, dude, we have a ford franchise here, too. the rangers are only marked up about $1700 in a $26k model. take that and a $2k rebate and, yes, you are down $3700. nissan keeps about a 10% markup, which would put a $26k frontier about $23k-$23.5k invoice.

given the frontier being all-new, and offering more stuff and capabilities, wouldnt it be worth a little extra money ($1k or so)?
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    $6000 and more off of MSRP for Ranger 4WD extended cabs at Carmax in Kenosha. How many are you going to buy, dude?
    sells used cars, man.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    Carmax sells new Nissans, Toyota, Dodge, Chrysler, Scion, Ford, Mitsubishi, and Chevrolet.

Anyone connected to the internet can figure that out.
  • got1bgot1b Posts: 48
    I just priced out a new Frontier. With the off-road package and all the options it came to $30,800. I've priced a sport trac at about $33,000. The price seems reasonable. I think the price will also be lower when its introduced, atleast have rebates or sell for less than MSRP. At the same time Nissan launches the new Frontier, Dodge will offer the new Dakota, Toyota the new Tacoma and Honda the SUT (I know, not quite a truck but close enough to affect the market). this will all work in our favor in the same way that the F-150/Titan launch worked well for the consumer. IMO the competition will be even greater. All of these new vehicles will have their advantages. The fall can not come fast enough.

I'm glad though that Nissan is asking us for our opinions and putting out information. Toyota is hush, hush and its fairly irritating.
  • jmessjmess Posts: 677
    Bring a car transporter to Portland, OR and you can fill it up with new rangers at $6K off MSRP. The Ford truck lots are over flowing with them and there is a lot of competition between the Ford dealers.

I have no problem paying a little more for better technology and quality if it truly is better. The all new Frontier is all new so it remains to be seen how good it will be in the real world.
    I would certainly hope the new Nissan would be significantly better then the Ranger whose basic design is 10 years old. With 250+ HP it should be significantly quicker. The bed design should be much more useful and the off road package should make it better in that category. I would assume its ride and manueverability will also be better.

Again, with all the new "Mid-size" vehicles coming out, Nissan will have to competively compete in thi9s market price wise. For instance take Dodge. I can go down and for $25,000 get a 4x4 Ram with a Hemi and a decent amount of amenities. Therefor, a similarly equipped Dakota will have to be about $2,000 less, otherwise why buy it. This should help keep Nissan's prices down.

The question is, what will happen to Ford? Their vehicle remake is been posptoned again for another year or so. There rebates will have to go even deeper to make win people over on value alone. I'm not sure thery can afford that. Also, the Ranger does not offer a Crew Cab configuration, which now accounts for a sizable amount of the market. A well equipped Sport Trac still comes in around $30,000, while offering a smaller engine, marginal relaibility, off road capability and handling. I wish they 'd put some money ionto an update because I like the back window, SUV feel inside and the cargo bed with the tonnaue.
  • First off, the truck looks like a winner for Nissan. I'm glad they've been giving us info, unlike the 05 Tacoma. I'm holding on to my problematic Ranger till the 05's come out. Its gonna be a toss-up between the Frontier and Tacoma. Anyone know the bed length on the short box? Nissan has always have the shortest box. Hoping a couple inches beyond 5 feet... Also, any word on a long box crew cab? Like the fact the 6 spd manual is still available, except on the model I would probabably get, the crew cab off-road. I hope this changes. Hope to see these this fall rather than winter!
    nissan doesnt have the shortest box for a crew cab, the sport trak does. as far as king cab, the frontier has the longest. the only bed in the compact segment thats as long is the regular cab ranger LWB.
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,724
    I was a the NY auto show yesterday, and the new Dakota was on display. I really think this truck now has enough width between the wheelwells to lay plywood flat on the bed floor. I'm hoping the same will be possible with the new (and larger) Frontier.

Bob
  • dbloyedbloye Posts: 3
    I have seen references to pricing out a 2005 Frontier. I am unable to locate any links that would permit me to do that. How did you contributors do that? Thanks.
    dbloye
    Grand Rapids, MI
    nissanusa.com under future vehicles
  • coveredicoveredi Posts: 20
    If anyone else has been looking for a cab high topper for their 05 CC Frontier, I finally found a manufacturer who has one. I just ordered one from ARE. All the other manufacturers have been telling me for the last three months that they would have one out "In about 6 weeks." But now, three months later, only one company has actually released their offering.

Just in case any of you guys were getting as annoyed with this as I was!
    I just received my information packet in the mail. It loks like the truck will hit dealerships in December. The tow rating is now at 5,500 lbs. It seems like the're still finalizing their marketing strategy. They asked what I own from the following list: boat/ wave runner, lawn equipment, camping equipment, primary home, second home, ATVs, ect. Not much more information. However, the extended cab had some real nice rims.

Does anyone know if an after market tonneau cover is maid that is similar to the sport trac's split one? I really like that design.
    is the ordering window for the 1st 2005 frontiers.
  • pbarnpbarn Posts: 2
    I read in Truck Trend that the v6 in the new frontier would require unleaded premium. Anyone else got any info on this?..Lets hope they dont do that, I dont think most of us would pop for the hi test stuff.
  • novanova Posts: 135
    Its funny the brochure says nothing about HI TEST fuel. It says 4.0 /250 hp/ 270 torque. The brochure I got does not say much of anything. Maybe there is a better brochure out that I do not have. GAS MILEAGE & Type of gas is going to decide weather I buy the truck
  • atlgaxtatlgaxt Posts: 487
    The question of premium fuel comes up in a lot of forums. If you think about it, it is not that big a deal. If you drive 15k per year and average 16 mpg, based upon a $.20 differential between regular and premium, you will end up spending an additional $187 per year, or about $15 per month (50 cents per day).

I agree that I would rather not get a vehicle that requires premium, but it should not be a deal killer.
    i might be wrong, but i HIGHLY doubt that nissan will nake frontier buyers buy premium fuel.

that would be a marketing fopa (sp?) of the highest magnitude.
  • "faux pas" ;-)
    you could say i made a spelling faux pas....
  • ajaxbroajaxbro Posts: 5
    Has anyone else heard anything about nissan rushing the frontiers into production?

"was surprised to find the guy saying they were rushing them into production and that they expected them this month in June" by irish25
  • I seriously doubt nissan would put a truck on the market that required premium gasoline. In this day and age it would be suicide for their frontier sales. altgaxt was right about it not really hurting your wallet too much, but the perception by the market (us) would be terrible! just my 2 cents
    no...the frontier, pathfinder, and xterra will all be launced in october/novenber.
  • atlgaxtatlgaxt Posts: 487
    1. Although I posted earlier that the actual cost of premium is not such a big deal, I wonder why a 4.0 litre engine making 250 hp would need premium. If it was 3.0 liters with a higher compression I might understand, but the 4.0 is actually rated at lower hp than some of the versions of Nissan's 3.5 V6. The extra engine size is reflected in the torque. Does the Titan require premium? I saw some disagreement on that thread.

2. My understanding was that the Frontier would come out this Fall, with the Xterra coming out in early calendar year 2005.
    release date is expected on all 3 new trucks sometime in late october-mid november. they will not require premium fuel, nor does the titan/armada.

FWIW, the only vehicles in nissans lineup that DO are the 350Z and the xterra supercharged...which wont be around after this fall.
  • 2fastdre2fastdre Posts: 59
    Bowke28,

My Pathfinder requires Premium, but I usually use mid-grade. I only put premium in if I will be towing. Actually, I noticed that premium gives me a little bit more efficiency in mileage. I am not sure if it's worth the extra cost of premium.

2FastDre.
    what year is your pathfinder? any PF with the 3.5L engine only requires regular.
  • wilvoltwilvolt Posts: 6
    I think a lot of the confusion is related to the differnce between "require" and "recommend". 91 octane is "recommended" for our '02 Maxima for maximum performance and mileage, but not "required" per the owners manual.