Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Frontier 2005+

Comments

• gregd64gregd64 Posts: 9
    Hi everybody,

I've been trying to figure out if I have the reciever for the Fob to communicate with for keyless entry,
    The other posts here describe locking all the doors and inserting the key at least 6 times within 10 secs..etc and the hazard lights will flash. being the penny pincher I am I tried this without a FOB just the factory key to see if the lights flashed before I went out and bought a Fob and wasted my cash. My question is do I need a FOB first to make the lights flash? As in on the keychain?

Thanks
  • You don't need to do all of that. I have an SE and I bought two fobs from ebay for about 15 bucks delivered. They work great. Your fobs should work when you get them. I don't recall if the fob is required to make the lights blink. I think there is a post somewhere in here that tells you the steps.
  • willsimwillsim Posts: 33
    You have the receiver. I have an early build SE KC w/power pack I bought a FOB from Ebay and now have keyless entry for $22. The FOB looks just like a Nissan part and even refers you to the owners manual for directions on changing the battery.
  • alko2alko2 Posts: 9
    Anybody notice how little front suspension travel there is on the 2-wheel drive Crew Cab? There's only about 3/4" of space between the front a-arm and the a-arm stopper. I wonder if that's why it seems to rock excessively on uneven roads at highway speeds.
  • alko2alko2 Posts: 9
    Does anyone have a 05 Frontier with the 6-speed tranny? If so, Does the engine tend to race while shifting because the because the throttle has a delay before deccelleration. Please let me know if you've noticed this. According to the service department, it's normal. They said the delay on the 350Z is even more extreme. It makes no sense to me as I can't seem to get the timing just right for a super smooth shift especially when I exccellerate hard. Is this true or is the dealership feeding me a line? Thanks, alko
  • pryme21pryme21 Posts: 11
    I want to put a shell on my 05 Frontier NISMO CC. I had a GEM-TOP with the vertically opening side windows on my old hardbody. Dose anyone make a top with the opening side windows for the CC Frontier :confuse:

Thanks
    Thanks for the Info I ordered and FOB on ebay and will see if it works..

Thanks
    Im having my Fold-A-Cover tonneau cover installed this saturday I'll let everybody whos interested know if it goes on without and modifications which some people have stated it does and some who said they had no issues..
  • centralcalcentralcal Posts: 215
    I put my fold-a-cover on about 2 weeks ago. It works great. Full use of utility-rack. Comes off in about 2 minutes with removing two screws. Weighs about 35 lbs (for Crew Cab). Gas mileage is a little better, but the cover is great.

I am having a power sliding rear window put in today. Will update with how I like it.
  • centralcalcentralcal Posts: 215
    the cr laurence power slider is in. Looks/works great. Power button is next to rear cargo light and looks factory. Helps to keep the noise from sunroof down and let air go through much better. Got best price on AZ trucks and installed locally.
    Only bad thing is that is sticks out on the back a little, and I have to adjust my folding cover to get into the first folding portion next to the cab.
  • Hi.
    I bought an '05 NISMO in mid-May. My highway driving mileage can get up to 20 mpg. But only 14 mpg around town. That's with a light foot, too. I think the fuel consumption issue stinks.

I went to the dealer and asked about it. He said don't think of it as mpg, but as gallons consumed per unit of time. I didn't think to ask what the normal consumption was per hour. In some ways it makes sense, especially if you are stopped in traffic a lot. On the other hand maybe they just sloughed me off.

At any rate, I bought my KC NISMO with utility and audio package for $500 under invoice, and I think I got very good value for my money.

Has anyone offered you a way to increase you mileage other than waxing, conservative driving, closing the window, etc.?

JAS
  • jchokiejchokie Posts: 4
    Update - 3rd tank of gas brought 20.76 mpg. Again, my expectations were exceeded because I spent a little more time in traffic.

Working on 1,100 miles and no complaints so far.

JC Hokie
  • badnessbadness Posts: 242
    I think thats pretty good and you don't even have over 5.000 yet,so I think you will get even better MPG, so can you keep on giving us up dates guys,I still can't wait to buy one,like I stressed I don't even get 20 MPG in my chevy 4.3LT4WD so I will welecome 20mpg and a tad better....

Thanks again guys for all you MPG updates keep them coming. :D :D :D
  • nismo4menismo4me Posts: 15
    My 05 nismo kk 4x4 has yet to get over 17.2...I have 1500 miles of mostly 55-70 mph backroads driving on the truck.
    Has anybody put on a Side Step on there 2005 Frontier yet? I can't even find one out there.. there all for 2004 or older.. FOB programmed without a hitch.. I now have a $20 remote keyless entry (ebay) .. instead of the $140 dealer price..
  • scnismoscnismo Posts: 3
    Anyone notice rusting of the dash brackets holding the radio? I just swapped out the radio in my 05 kc nismo, and noticed the brackets were rusting. Not sure it's a Nissan issue, since Circuit City recently installed new speakers in the dash, and did a really crappy job.They may have left something loose. Figured I'd ask around so I'd know whether to go back to Nissan or return to Circuit City for the 5th time to make another complaint. Other than this, the truck has been great. 20mpg hwy,no rattles,smooth'n quiet, and power!!!!!!!!!!! oh yeah, glad i waited for the 05 :shades:
  • I waited till I had five tanks of gas on the truck before I posted. Mine is an ‘O5' SE King Cab 4x4 with a 6 spd manual, ABLS, side curtain air bags, power package and tow package in Canteen (the green). My first five tanks are; 20.9, 19.9, 21.5, 20.9 and 22.2 mpg. That last tank was mostly highway plus helped one friend move a piano across town and another a wood stove. I guess with a piano in the back I became a real feather foot. The rest of the tanks were a blend of approximately 65% highway 35% city. It will be interesting to see how this improves with age since all the four wheeled vehicles I’ve owned didn’t reach their optimal gas mileage until about 60,000 miles.

This is not my only vehicle, my drive to work car is a Honda Insight. The truck is for play, hauling mountain bikes in the summer and ski gear in the winter.
  • dander1dander1 Posts: 7
    Has anyone heard what the difference will be on the 2006 vs. 2005 Frontier models? I hear the 2006 models come out in October.
  • Let's hope they add the 6 ft bed option back onto the crew cab. If they do I will be trading in my 03.
  • jmsd1jmsd1 Posts: 20
    After going back and reading many posts about gas mileage, it appears that the big difference is Auto vs 6 sp manual. not Nismo, SE, Le or even 2x2 or 4x4. I think most Auto trannys are seeing 13-18 mpg. Manuals are seeing 17-22 mpg. My mileage is very low because my average speed (according to the computer) is around 15- 20 miles per hour for a tank of gas, ie mainly City driving. When posting mileage figures please let us know if you are Auto or 6 sp Manual. I think this is the big variable and many mileage postings don't mention your tranny. Thanks
  • i have 2005 frontier SE CC and when i went through the program nothing flashed at all, but it worked like it was supposed to. I programed 2 key fobs and they both work great.
  • badnessbadness Posts: 242
    I've been looking I haven't seen anything,dose anyone know of any sites for info
  • time2time2 Posts: 25
    I just bought an 05 Frontier SE CC and it has the bed extender option that works on the track system. All fine and dandy, but I want to put a fiberglass topper on the truck and I'm wondering if it will work with that bed extender. I'm pretty sure it will, but I was wondering if anyone here has gone this route.

FWIW, our new SE CC came with the keyless entry and two fob units.

As for the gas milage, I'm hoping for 20 mpg or a little better, but it's a powerful 4wd truck, so it won't do as well as my 93 Nissan pickup. Heck, that only got 25-27 for a 2wd 4 banger. I'll take the trade!

Our next "runaround" car will probably be a hybrid, which will help in the overall gas consumption.
  • grungergrunger Posts: 1
    Does that not scare you that you could order that fob off of the net and NOT need to program it? I mean what you are saying is that anyone with 15 bucks can basically buy entrance to any keyless entry equiped Nissan. I think something must be wrong with your keyless entry or I misunderstood your post.
  • asaasa Posts: 359
    < Does that not scare you that you could order that fob off of the net and NOT need to program it? I mean what you are saying is that anyone with 15 bucks can basically buy entrance to any keyless entry equiped Nissan. I think something must be wrong with your keyless entry or I misunderstood your post.>

I'm not the guy who made the post, but an element of programming the fob involves being inside the cab and the ignition key must be used in the process. Nope, ya can't break into any Nissan Frontier with a $15 e-Bay fob. :)
  • asaasa Posts: 359
    < is there any way to know what the pricing and options will be on the '06 models? >

Nope, things are a still mystery at this time. Nissan started to crank out the '05s in late October 2004, so we'll just have to be patient. I'm hoping that the '06 SE CCs offer:

* 8-Way Manual Seats
    * Side air bags without the sunroof
    * Compass/Temperature rearview mirror

Whether these will be available in the '06 SE CCs, I haven't a clue ......
  • svslarrysvslarry Posts: 12
    Getting close to the first fill-up for my new '05 Frontier & wondering what octane gas everyone is using...Owner's manual say 87 is ok but for best performance use 91. I'm thinking I'll use 87 except when we tow our travel trailer. Just curious.....
  • toby07toby07 Posts: 6
    hello everyone ,just bought 2005 frontier 4 months ago .I using 87 octane gas now but i also tried 89 octane for better gas milage it didnt work !! only getting 15 city .. is this true with all .I love the truck its A cc se ..but I seen people get better gas miles on A 8 cyl..please let me know ...
  • Of course I had to program it. I am sorry if I was misleading or unclear. But, no, I am not saying "anyone with 15 bucks can basically buy entrance to any keyless entry equiped Nissan."
    You must have the key and be in the vehicle to program the fob, as the key needs to be inserted and removed form the ignition repeatedly to initialize the programming process, and you have to operate the power locks at some point, from inside.
    Anyone questioning buying a fob from ebay, do it. It works and is easy. Most any current fob from any Nissan (possibly Infiniti) will work.

Thanks for Asa for help with this clarification.