Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Frontier 2005+

Comments

• I am feeling a lot better about my '06 XE KC...awesome truck! You guys were right about the 4 banger,it does what I need it to do! Almost has a thousand miles on it so now I can put my foot down a bit more...great little engine.So far I have no leaf spring noise.
  • jmsd1jmsd1 Posts: 20
    new MPG numbers: best 21.34; worst 11.66; average 14.36
    go about 223 miles on each tank (usually takes 13-15 gallons each fill up); average speed is 25 miles per hour, now have 18K miles on the truck. 05KC Nismo 4x4, Leer shell, sys oil, K&N CAI
  • Gosh I feel all alone!
  • Don't fret - we're all out driving ... and waiting for the 2007's.
  • Hello Frontier owners
    I am looking for a tri-fold tonneau cover for my `06 SE CC 6speed. Does anybody can make me a suggestion. Fold-a-cover folds in four but is made out of steel so it does not have a great look. Extang trifecta seems good but is vinyl made, so I guess it will make wind noise. Undercover does not fold. Lund and BAK makes it in ABS plastic. Does anybody has that on his pickup.
  • Maybe I will trade in my '06 XE for an '07 SE crew, stranger things have happened!
  • Larry - say it ain't so!
  • Thinking seriously about it, may need to make long trips with 4 adults....
  • go for it Larry! You'll love the V-6!!!
  • 12\2004 i bought an '05 prerunner(after my '97 T100 was totaled), 07\2005 I traded the prerunner in for an "05 Tundra (needed a larger windshield, I had to duck to see signals sometimes with the tacoma) then last month traded the tundra in to buy a new CRV for the little woman (thinking I'd just drive her old car)then I realized a guy who has owned trucks non stop since 5\21\1984 can't live without them! I gave my daughter my wife's old car and went out and bought the Frontier KC XE..needless to say I have lost mega bucks lately , at least the dealers are happy! One thing is for sure, if I trade my XE in i am getting top of line fully loaded 4WD SE Crew Cab, it's MUST be silver, I only buy silver trucks! My T100 had 190HP V6,Tacoma had 245HP V6 and my Tundra had 288 HP V8..awesome power! So yes I am sure I will enjoy the Frontier V6! (if i am crazy enough to lose a few more k!)
  • Does anyone know where this info came from?
    The local dealer is denying the longbed option on the crew.
    Thanks,
  • I own a 2005 Frontier CC SE 6spd and I have the extang trifecta on it. As far as I have noticed, it really isnt louder because it doesnt flap around, very tight fit. Also, with a little elbow grease, you can make it fit even with the rail guards still on the truck. I think I am getting about 1 mpg more as well, but that could also be from the recent switch to mobil 1 syn oil. All in all, very easy to install and use, and uninstall, i have no regrets. Hope this helps!
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    The information came from Nissan. I had access to it a few days before it was released to the public.

Nissan's website is now updated to show the specs. for the 2007 Frontiers. Select Crew Cab then specifications and dimensions then print out the page and tell your dealer they are ignorant (well, do it politely ;) )

The option is not yet showing up on the build your truck function on the Nissan website, however, your dealer can order your truck.

Only the SE and LE offer the CC longbed.
    2006 Frontier NISMO

Entertaining, if nothing else.
  • I have a Truxedo roll-up cover that I am very happy with. Comes in a variety of colors and locks.
  • A seemingly pointless auto review as far as I'm concerned.
    How is your truck treating you Moparbad?
    The truck is great. No complaints.

I'm not treating it very well. :(

The passenger side mirror, front passenger door glass, window run (rubber trim), and right front fender all must be replaced.

Choice of mailbox or Buick being driven by seasoned citizen down the middle of the road. :cry:
  • Im interested in buying a new 2006 Frontier, but I can't decide which trim. I like the rugged off-road looks of the Nismo better, but because it comes with off-road equipment do u think the ride quality will be poor as apposed to the LE model?
  • hi

i have an 05 frontier and noticed the paint chipping on the right side mostly - just enough to annoy me. i have the mud guards and running boards. have you purchased the fender flares and if so do they work
  • asaasa Posts: 359
    Ride quality will probably have much to do with your age and expectations. As I've gotten older, I appreciate a quiet and stable ride much more than I did when I was young. Some people have said that the Nismo does ride a bit harder, but not by a great deal. The LE comes with a great many extra luxury features that Nismo (and SE) lack. You may want to add these up to get a full picture of the model diferences beyond ride quality. Good luck. I have an '06 SE CC 6-Speed and absolutely love it so far.
  • I have an '05 LE KC. I looked at and drove a Nismo first as I wanted the blue interior and that was the only way I could get it.

There were no blue interior Nismo's available so I ordered the LE since it did ride a little better to my way of thinking. The LE also gets better fuel mileage so I am very happy that I bought it.

I am a little past old so that as asa said, it might be my tired old bones that feel the difference. I also do not do any off roading so I bought a 4X2 model.

OkieScot
  • Dealer offered me $13,500 for my XE KC...it has 1,500 miles on it...about a month ago I paid 18,200 + TL.. they must think I am insane! I'll drive it to the ground before I take such a low ball trade-in offer,I'll take it to my grave with me!! I am NOT a happy camper,I feel insulted and
    hurt! I say "Let the dealers eat cake!)
    You purchased it new and now it is used. They depreciate at least 20% as soon as you drive it off the lot.
    You should not feel insulted.
  • 20% of 18,200 = 3,640, 18,200- 3,640=14,560 not 13,500
    Not to mention Kelly Blue Book quotes 15,450! Is the Blue Book still an accurate gage?
  • asaasa Posts: 359
    I think that depreciation has accellerated on most brands in the last several years because industry sales have been so weak. Each time a manufacturer kicks on a bigger rebate, cheaper financing or adds features at no charge, the value of a similar used vehicle drops the same or more.

This one reason why we keep our vehicles for 12 to 15 years. Depreciation becomes a distant and meaningless factor over a long time period.
  • The dealers talk of a re-conditioning fee also. That's another $1000 or so. Of course, they'll turn around and sell that same vehicle for a tidy little profit.
  • Has anyone installed headers on their 05 or newer Frontier? I have been thinking about installing them for increased fuel efficiency...while I'm at it, has anyone found a dual exhaust kit that will fit the 05/newer Frontiers? Thanks!
    Allen, 05 CC SE 6cyl/6M
  • Larry - Are you anywhere near Southern California? I might just be interested in you Frontier... seeing as how you have it optioned just like I like.
  • I am near San Francisco... I found a dealer that gave me $16,000 for it...sorry
  • So... that means you got a V6 now? Hope you enjoy it, whatever you got.

And, just so's I know, where did you get the XE in the first place? Around here, they don't have 'em with the axle package you got.