Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Frontier 2005+

Comments

• badnessbadness Posts: 242
    I agree with you,I have a chevy s-10 Z-R2 pkg, worst truck I ever bought,chevy just can't bulid trucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    any truck bulit in the 90's just suck,any in the 60,70,80 just kick-AXX.

Go Nissan!at least they will last you a life time,more then I can say for Chevy!
  • uxiuxi Posts: 1
    If all the options I want aren't offered for a model, would I be able to order a special configuration from the factory? Would that cost much much more than its worth..?

I like the roof rack, though a lot of people say it looks tacky. But they don't seem to offer many options with an SE, which is the only model with CC/4x4/6sp
  • I have a 05 le kc 4x4 my truck has been in shop going on three times because the passenger seat rattles when empty while hitting potholes,bumps,ect.. does anyone else have this problrm or seen a tsb. the dealer has already replaced the seat back but is reluctant to replace the whole seat. I owned a toyota 4x4 it did same thing dealer didnt hesitate replaced whole seat end of problem.
  • I also had that rattle. In my case, the fastnener for the seat belt vibrated against the frame of the truck when going over bumps. As long as I tuck it between the seat and the frame with the fastener parallel to the frame and seat (nothing special, just put it where it ought to go), there generally is no rattling noise.
  • Hi everybody. I'm new to this board. Can anybody tell me if I can run 87 octane (regular) in a 05 Frontier? I know the Tacoma takes premium and that has put it off my "A" list for purchase. Thanks for your help.
  • Pschreck,

It runs on regular just fine, that is what Nissan recommends.

Gerald
  • Thank you Gerald. I appreciate your time.
  • Glad to be of help. I get a lot of help on the Frontier forums, a lot of good information here.

Gerald
  • Interesting thing about the Tacoma. I have read numerous articles stating that the 05 Tacoma takes premium fuel, but in Consumer reports, it states that it uses regular fuel. So I got on the Toyota website. It also states that it uses regular fuel, but if you click on the asterisk next to it, a "legal disclaimer" pops up that states "Premium fuel is recommended for the V6 for improved performance and fuel economy" I was a bit surprised that consumer reports would mis-lead their readers by not mentioning that.
  • 99 ZR2 :lemon: ...that's what I traded in for my new Nissan,lol.Bought it new in 99,don't miss it in any way.
  • Ok, Just got a Frontier 2005 Crew Cab SE - V6- 6 speed manual trans, power package, sunroof, side airbags, and active brake limited slip. Absolutely love-it...kicks [non-permissible content removed]...but. My questions is...is this already set up for keyless entry, it does not mention it on the sticker...it has power windows, door locks, sunroof, and cruise. Plus all the spec sheets for SE crew cab do not show it as an option? I would really like to be able to get in to the passenger door. Cheers....
  • Yes it is, go to EBay and buy the number of key fobs you need they should be around $25 each. If they don't provide you with the programing instructions come back to this form there are several of us who can help you.
  • asaasa Posts: 359
    I noticed the premium fuel recommendation LEGAL DISCLAIMER tab on Toyota's website too -- not the sort of thing that says welcome. More than a few auto publications have thrown a tarp over Tacoma's specification in this matter, as it's a dark spot they wish not to recognize. Toyota salespeople tell me the premium fuel specification is baloney, but what I read is no recourse if my engine pings on 87 or 89 Octane. No thanks Toyota. I'll take an '06 Frontier thank you.
  • I was under the assumption that the "SE Power Pkg" included the "Remote Keyless Entry Locks", this is what NissanUSA.com says.
  • I just replaced my radio also at Circuit City. NEVER EVER go there!!! They screwed it up. The dash kit they used is crap and when I first got in my car and touched the dash, the whole center fell!

I also noticed all the rusting. Is this really normal???
  • I'm not sure what you mean by "Remote keyless entry locks" however, if you have a Frontier that was produced prior to June of this year the keyless entry receiver is in the truck Nissan didn't include the remotes so the system could be used. About June or so they started encluding the remotes with the power package but are charging a couple hundred dollars more for the package.
  • Unlike most peopIe with 4x4s, I take mine off road. Today, I took my 05 Nismo 4x4 on a steep trail today and it did ok. Lots of lose rocks, some were 12" or more in size. At one point, it was spinning and I had to backup a few feet and try again with more acceleration. I forgot about using the locking differential. On the way back down the trail, I tried the hill decent but it would not slow the truck down enough. Also, it made a clunking noise that I was uneasy about. So, I rode the brakes down the hill and geared down into the low range of the automatic transmission. (This transmission does not slow down the truck as much as the one in the Armada which we also have.) Will be checking the manual to make sure I did things properly and if no answer there, will be talking with the dealer's service dept.

At another location, I was parked and eating lunch in the truck when a Dodge 4x4 pickup came by. It went down the hill to the creek and tried to cross it and go up the next hill. It kept trying 3 or 4 times before it finally made it up the hill. I've always had to go into 4 wheel drive to go up this hill due to a slick rock which makes it difficult to get traction. Today, I tried to cross the creek and go up the hill without going to 4 wheel setting. I pulled to the left and avoided the slick rock, and made it up the hill in 2 wheel drive. None of my 4Runners had managed to do that. Maybe I just got lucky today. On the same road, I did bottom out a couple times while going over humps in the road. Good thing truck has skid plates.

Had the Fold a Top installed last week. It seems to be reasonably waterproof except around the tailgate which leaks some at the car wash. Also, dust covered everything I had in the rear of the cargo box. I think that's more the fault of the tailgate's fit with the cargo box than the fold a top.

Still looking for larger mud flaps as the Nissan ones do not keep gravel from flying up and hitting the side of the truck. If anyone had found some, please let me know.- 81 Trekker
  • The noise you hear from the front left is normal for hill descent control. Try it in 4-lo, first gear and you will be amazed at how slow it crawls. Sounds like you tried it in 4-hi, which will allow it to crawl at a higher speed. Most of the time when I use HDC I'm in 4-lo. Try that next time and I think you will be pleased.
  • My 2005 Frontier v6 4.0 4x4 crew cab with "auto tranny" SE gets 22-24 mpg on the highway. It got better when I put on a fold-a-cover (hard bed cover) but even before it was around 19/20 mpg highway.
  • If it has the power package, it should be pre-wired. When I bought mine, the brochure, said "Keyless remote entry (late availabilty)". I bought two remotes, they work just fine. When you first program the remotes, the lights are supposed to flash, mine didn't, just kept following the instructions. Once all the steps were followed it worked perfectly, panic alarm and all.
    Good luck.

The remotes I bought from ebay were listed as being for a pathfinder.
    Steve