Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Frontier 2005+

Comments

• got1bgot1b Posts: 48
    I understand I can't get one from Nissan. Has anyone had one put in after market?
  • centralcalcentralcal Posts: 215
    Yes, I put a power rear slider in from AZ trucks (the actual window is from CR Laurence). I think there is another manufacturer on the market now. I love it. Open the sunroof and and the rear window and you get good airmovement (and is very quiet). I will drive on the freeways at over 75 mph like this. It is a little pricey, but worth the cost IMHO.
  • midnightsunmidnightsun Posts: 92
    Don't know if rare is the word; less common, definitely.

The first Frontier I test-drove was an SE CC 4x4 6-spd, so obviously the dealer had one on the lot. But I think it was the ONLY 6-spd on the lot then. The sales rep apologized for not having a KC available but as they have the same wheelbase it was no big deal to me, for testing purposes. After driving it, I was floored by the truck enough to decide to myself (not out loud to the sales rep) that I would probably buy one. Went back for a second test drive because I wanted to check out a NISMO. They only had that one with an automatic transmission, but between the two test drives, plus another test drive of a Tacoma, I had enough info to decide.

I had to special-order mine. It arrived 2 months later, just as Nissan had estimated.

I love the 6-spd because it allows a lot of control in mountain driving both up and down, gives me a good low 1st gear AND an overdrive gear for interstate cruising, and...it's just a lot more fun than driving an automatic!

The gas mileage is good, too.
  • smalltownsmalltown Posts: 71
    My wife is thinking about trading in her Honda CR-V for a truck that can pull a one-horse trailer. I am thinking about a kingcab SE, automatic transmission. Anyone with experience?

Thanks for any comments.
  • I am attempting to buy my boyfriend a tow hitch for his 05 Frontier. It is a 4X2 and the towing capacity is 6,500 lb, but I can only find the Class IV receiver for it. I cannot find a ball/mount for Class IV...is this a dead end search?? Any suggestions? Thanks!! :confuse:
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,269
    Any 2" Class 3 or 4 receiver and ball will do the trick. This is not an F350 pulling 7 tons here, so you do not need anything specialty.

For example, go to www.hiddenhitch.com.
  • midnightsunmidnightsun Posts: 92
    Hey, that's a nice gift!

Anyway, as someone else noted, this is not a specialty item. Besides Hidden Hitch, look up Reese and Drawtite (not sure of this one's spelling). Nissan also sells Class III and IV hitches.

Look up "Trailers" in your Yellow Pages for local vendors. You also need to figure in installation and wiring costs, if you or your boyfriend aren't going to DIY.

For comparison, Nissan's price is $380 for the tow hitch, wiring, 7-wire plug package, etc. installed AT THE FACTORY.
  • 06nismo06nismo Posts: 3
    Just saying hello. I bought a 2006 Storm Gray Nismo this afternoon. I get to pick it up on Monday. I went to the dealership just to test drive it and my plan was to then go over and test drive a Tacoma. But I loved the way the truck handled and the power of the 4.0L was excelent. I told the sales rep. the only thing I did not like was the small bed (it's the double cab). He said what if I throw in the bed extender :blush: How could I say no. It already had the bed liner which I did not know it was going to have. Then you add the $1500 cash back...for the value..no brainer. This is a great forum. Are there any other Frontier forums anyone can recommend?

Thanks,

06NISMO
  • hustoncshustoncs Posts: 21
    Congrats on the truck! Have fun and since it's the Nismo it needs to go off road every now and again!

Cheers

:shades:
  • jjpeterjjpeter Posts: 230
    06 - congrats! I have a KC 05 Nismo and LOVE IT.

This truck is the sports car of the truck world, and everything about the Frontier is NICE. Just a little thirsty for gas though - so be prepared to spend money on gas.
  • asaasa Posts: 359
    < Are there any other Frontier forums anyone can recommend? >

You might try http://www.clubfrontier.org . It's active and there seems to be some nice users on there.
    I've put a few thousand slow-paced break-in miles on my '06 SE CC 6-Speed and decided to finally wind it up for the first time the other week. Holy cow -- it was incredible! It'll definitely push ya back in the seat. The 6-Speed and the 4.0L are well matched and the sound is great too, even with my factory exhaust. The magazine writers and TV's MotorWeek have all given Frontier top marks in the fun-to-drive category and I can see why. :D
  • driver56driver56 Posts: 408
    I test drove an 06 Nissan Xterra S 6 speed just last weekend and was very impressed with the power (more than enough) but the handling (body roll) was quite pronounced.
    The 05 Frontier 4x4 King 4LT. was a different story. Still the best handling 4x4 I've ever driven, and what performance. And what fun to drive. You'll almost forget you're in a truck.
    Enjoy your new ride!
  • nfmh05nfmh05 Posts: 1
    Hello, just wanted to offer any advice for help to anyone about the new Frontiers. I bought it mid January '05, and I have the 6speed manual V6 4x4. I have taken it to Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington and all over California. Its been through some good testing grounds in the dirt but mostly in some good snow conditions. I can say nothing but positive things about the 265hp motor and 4 wheel drive system. Anyway, enjoy using your trucks for what they were made to do!
  • Folks:

I recently purchased an '06, SE, 4.0, 6-Speed, 4X4. I am not the tallest guy in the room so I have the seat sort of close to the steering wheel. This makes the center console too far back to function as a good armrest. Is anyone aware of an aftermarket armrest? Maybe something that snaps into the cupholder? Also- Does anyone know of a good vendor to get aftermarket accessories (rubber floor mats/body side moldings) for less than my dealership would charge?

If anyone is interested; I am getting 20 MPG taking it easy with the 6-speed. I would really like to open it up and let those 265 horses run but I am too cheap to pay for it.

Thank You,

Jackie
  • rocketman67rocketman67 Posts: 82
    I just got my '06 Frontier NISMO 4x4 6speed. The puter say 17-18 with a mix of city and highway.
    Jackie, I bought my Frontier accessories from Nissan of Turnersville, NJ at www.yournissanparts.com. The fellow there is named Brian and he is extremely helpful and their prices are excellent, despite that I bought Nissan brand parts. They also sell other brands as well.
    Mine's an '06 SE 4x2 6-Speed CC with only 1400 Miles on it, but my mileage has steadily risen. My current tank will be north of 21.5 MPG Highway I'm pretty sure. Us poor SE owners don't get the nifty in-dash computer. :(

It's nice to have a truck that will yield decent fuel economy with conservative driving (my style) and yet be able to romp on it and have some exhilarating fun when I want.
  • rocketman67rocketman67 Posts: 82
    Yep just icing on the cake!
  • Thanks Asa. What accessories did you purchase? Have you been able to find an aftermarket bed mat or liner of some sort?