Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Frontier 2005+

Comments

• toy4runtoy4run Posts: 10
    I was wondering if there is any information of trusted lift kits for my 2005 Nissan Frontier LE Crew Cab 4wd. I think it sits way to low for a truck and would like to lift it. Does anybody have any information out there about such kits.

Thanks
  • shufflesshuffles Posts: 50
    08/23/2007 14:03 Source: AP ©

Toyota Motor Corp. will cooperate with truckmaker Isuzu Motors Ltd. to develop and produce small diesel engines for the European market, both sides announced Thursday.

The agreement, which seals talks that began last November, will allow Toyota, Japan's top automaker, to take advantage of Isuzu's highly reputed diesel technology.

Production of the 1.6 liter diesel engines for use in Toyota vehicles sold in Europe will start 2012, the companies said in a statement.

Demand for diesel vehicles is growing especially in Europe because of worries about global warming. Diesel is widely known for good mileage, and recent innovations have made diesel cleaner.

Toyota already produces diesel engines in Europe, but it has tended to focus more on so-called hybrid technology, in which a car switches between a gas engine and an electric motor for fuel efficiency.

The agreement allows Toyota to get help from Isuzu to compete in diesel technology with rivals such as Honda Motor Co., which is strengthening its diesel lineup.

Toyota and Isuzu said the companies were working out details on development, production and supply of the diesel engine, but Isuzu "will play the leading role."

Toyota owns a 5.9 percent stake in Isuzu. Isuzu formed a capital alliance with Toyota in November after dissolving its tie-up with General Motors Corp. in April 2006.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    How is this relevant to the Frontier?
  • shufflesshuffles Posts: 50
    How is this relevant to the Frontier?
    One word: competition.
    One word: competition. :confuse:

That makes no sense at all. This is the Nissan Frontier 2005+ topic, not Tacoma vs. Frontier.
    Secondly, Nissan has offered diesel engines in the Frontier (Navarra outside of North America) for greater than 25 years as has Toyota offered diesels in it's Tacoma (Hilux) for greater than 25 years. Both the Toyota and the Nissan diesel engines in their trucks are are excellent and as competitive as any diesel engine offered in their class.
    Toyota offering a 1.6L diesel in Euro passenger cars changes competition in what way? :sick:
    Oh, yeah, you can't buy the 1.6L in the US just like you can't buy any diesel in the US Frontier and Tacoma.
  • I bought the factor Nissan ones for my 05 Crew Cab SE. Easy to install.
  • joboo1joboo1 Posts: 75
    thanks for your response. I bought the Westin Sure Grip. The boards were easy to install and look great.
  • kvhkvh Posts: 2
    How can a short person use the center arm rest ? Just your elbow will reach the edge of it. Uncomfortable on a trip. Rear cup holder should have been used for arm rest.
  • maxamaxa Posts: 4
    I just bought a 2007 Nissan Frontier SE CC LB 4x4 yesterday. I drove it home - about 8 miles and put it in the garage as I had several appointments to go to. I took it out of the garage this morning and discovered a 12" crack in the windshield on the passenger side. A rock chip caused the damage. Has anyone else had this type of damage to their windshield so soon after a chip? I own a business that has 9 vehicles and have never had a chip cause a huge crack in one day- usually it takes months for a chip to grow which gives me time to have it repaired. I also noticed 5 areas of the paint on the hood that are already chipped down to the primer- it has a clear bra which protected that area, but nowhere else on the hood. What the heck do I need to do to protect this paint? It is Red Brawn which I knew would be a problem, but I never dreamed it would be this bad after 15 minutes of driving.... Should I just take a hammer to the body of this truck to break it in????
    A crack in glass can appear an indefinite amount of time after the glass is stuck by an object or weakened. Changes in temperature, force on the glass due to flexing of the body or hitting a pothole may cause crack to appear, worsen, or sometimes even break.
    I have an 06 Nismo CC 4WD. About 15,000 miles on it and no issues with paint chips in any area other than in front of the rear wheels on the flare and quarter panel.
    Environmentally friendly paint is not as durable as the old enamels.
    I used to drive on interstate near one of the largest quarries in the US and no matter the make of the vehicle they ended up with chipped and damaged paint. They needed a paint job after the first year! Thankfully I moved.
    Do you drive where there is a lot of road debris?

I'm not going to tell you the paint is not an issue on the Frontier, I just have not had any major issues.
    I've read frequent accounts of paint complaints with the Frontier and the Tacoma.
  • maxamaxa Posts: 4
    Moparbad, thanks for your quick reply. The dealer "Tynan's Nissan" agreed to replace the windshield at their expense. The new windshield was replaced about an hour ago at my home. The installer says that he has seen a lot of new pickup and van windshields crack quickly in the past few years- a problem he had not seen before in his 35 years installing windshields. I am picking up a bug shield today to protect the portion of the hood that is not protected by the clear bra. Does anyone here have a suggestion for the best wax to apply to protect these trucks painted surfaces? Thanks.
    That is great. Good dealer customer service.
  • bummybummy Posts: 1
    the thump is rear axle twist mind did it until i put a bed cover on it
  • I wanted to take the time to respond to your post as I am having the same issue. I have almost 65k on my truck and the gas mileage is getting increasingly worse. Now I don't want to scare anyone, but I have had a few issues with my Nissan, however I think I just got a bad one after doing so much research. It seems as though each time I have something fixed the gas mileage jumps for a tank or two and then wham it's back down again. Below is an example of my gas mileage issues. If anyone has any suggestions besides regular maintenance I'd be happy to give it a shot.

After purchase and for first year 18/21 mpg combination
    Shortly after 16/18 mpg
    Check engine light correction 18/20 mpg combination
    Three weeks later 15/17 mpg
    Rear diff sensor replaced 18/21 mpg combination
    Two weeks after 15/17 mpg
    MPG after vent control valve and clutch fan replacement 16/19mpg combination
    2 weeks later 16mpg combination
    Couple months later 14mpg combination
    Last couple weeks 13 mpg combination
  • Lately on my 04 frontier I have been getting a squeeking of the frame on the drivers side. I jacked it up several times and though the squeeking was coming from the bolt that holds the bottom of the shock in place. I greased it and it got quiet but now is worse. Not sure that was actually the problem. It is loud enough I can feel the vibration in my feet when driving. Anyone else have this problem?

JIM
  • I am not quite sure where to post this, I am currently looking at some new Nissan Frontiers that have the 2.5 4 cylinder engine in them. I am wondering if anyone on here would know about the problems with the nissan altima that has the same engine. Are the problems only with the cars, or have they fixed the problem by now? I also posted this in the altima forum. Thanks
  • Two days ago my tailgate fell off, when I opened it. A few days before it fell off, it showed signs of trouble because it began to scrape on the bumper cover and I could understand why. Obviously the pivot hinges were wearing out because the left one let go when the tailgate fell into my hands!!! When I took it to the dealer they were helpful processing , but they would not fix it and sent pictures to Nissan for a decision. I feel this was a bad decision because its very obvious to me that this is a design flaw. Their more than likely going to blame because I use this truck for work as a carpenter. In the interim,I can not use the tailgate very effectively so I`ll end up having it done myself......
  • joboo1joboo1 Posts: 75
    please tell me what model and year frontier.

Thanks
  • ('07 CC SE Long-bed)
    Yeah, mine came loose yesterday (4/12) while I was going down the road. Mine was the right side, and the cup that carries the tailgate broke off at the base. The tail gate landed on it and dropped open, dog-earring the lower right corner of the gate.
    I agree-it's a design flaw. Looks like the measley weld gave way.
    Will be headed to the dealer tomorrow to get a fix scheduled. They may try to blame you and me for the breakage, but I say they need a tougher design. They need to make it right and do the body work.
    Will keep you posted.
  • We have a 2005 Frontier with 40,000 miles on it - the tailgate hinges broke off. They quoted a price of $200 to repair. I think they should fix it for free - we are just out of warranty and it's a leased vehicle. My husband takes very good care of our vehicles, so it wasn't due to abuse.