Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• labradorlabrador Posts: 11
    After battling with Nissan Canada they finally advised that the deferential is being shipped. Should have my vehicle back on the road in ten days. ??????
    I am having a heck of a problem with getting a rental. Thus far Nissan has committed $35.00 canadian to the cost for a maximum of two weeks. The minimium cost for a rental for a small car is $55.00 plus tax per day, in Labrador.They said that they have no legal obligation to providing any rental. Anything they do for me is being done in good faith not out of obligation. I beg to differ.
    I live in a remote area where the roads are covered with ice and snoe for 5 months of the year. Most of my driving is in the country away from any town with a trailer and two snowmobiles. Not a good situation for a car.
    I have rented a 4 x 4 pickup and have turned the file over to my lawyer.
    I love the vehicle despite the problem but I cannot tolerate the arrogancy of the company.
    I bought my vehicle from a sub dealer and they are great.
  • crosley4crosley4 Posts: 295
    quote: "01' Chevy Impalas were also notorious for this problem as well as leaking manifold gaskets"

Our 2000 Impala had brake rotor problems. Also had the sub frame noise problems, never cured that. No water leaks

I will be looking at the New Titans this fall. Time to replace my pickup.

I've readin the comments on the Titan here for months.
  • tester16tester16 Posts: 2
    I am looking at buying a titan truck soon. Should I buy a 2004 or 2005? Have the brakes been fixed with 2005?
    My question is. Do any of the switches have back lighting ? My mirror switch does not have back lighting nor does any of the controls on the steering wheel.

It is like driving with a blindfold on. You have to feel your away around and hope that the button that you touch dosen't eject you.
  • akanglakangl Posts: 3,592
    Unfortunatly those don't have lights. I've learned which is which and have no trouble with it at night......not that I ever get to drive my Titan. Its in the shop again, rearend went out this time, sheesh. Still love my truck though.
    You indicate that it is in the shop again which indicates some previous problems. How are you doing for a replacement vehicle while your vehicle is in the shop.

Mine is presently in the shop awaiting a deferential.
    When it was in for the front differential Nissan paid for a rental for the 29 days the truck was down. They offered a rental this time but I declined, we have 3 vehicles so its a none issue, the Titan is more our toy/pull the travel trailer/family vehicle. They also said it shouldn't be more than a week until I get the truck back.
  • yogibm1yogibm1 Posts: 6
    Hey, I had that same thing happen to me, not to worry though!
  • Lets hope!! This truck is too awesome to be burdened by a problem that would seem to be an easy fix. I mean it's "2005"! How many years have we had disc brakes and how complicated can it be to manufacture such a standard component? Maybe they're buying cheep, substandard steel or something? At any rate lets hope Nissan can put this nuscience behind us. Has anyone installed a satellite receiver? If I can erase the brake problem, I'll probably have one installed, but would like to switch between the two plans because one carries the NFL and the other carries ML Baseball. Go figure! Could I have the receiver wired to accept both plans where I can switch services month to month? I would think it could be done by installing components from each, and maybe two separate antennas. Is this possible??
  • yogibm1yogibm1 Posts: 6
    I'll tell ya what I was going to get a used one, but after reading all of these forums I think that I should get a new one. I am dissapointed to hear that you are still having the same problems and I has been out for a year and a half. I went to the dealer today and Man I was impressed with the 05 over the 04(I am getting a Titan Posse Cab LE 4x4 WITHOUT the big tow package). Those mirrors are so ugly. I didn't see it in the Brochure but do they still make the Sedona Color(burnt orange). If they don't do they still offer the two tone colored interior Sand/Grey in the Leather. Someone that has bought one recently, let me know cause that is what I really want. Thanks for your help
    No Sedona color for 2005 and no Sand/Steel interior for 2005.
  • hogboyhogboy Posts: 84
    Nissan just issued a claims bulletin on 3/16/5 stating they have
    developed new brake parts including pads, rotors & floating shims to handle the brake judder & will cover '04 & '05 Titans and Armadas. The warranty will be for 36 months/unlimited mileage from the original in service date. Mailing notices to go out to customers during May and parts to be available shortly thereafter.
    So, there ya go.
  • That's too bad.I have a Black 04 LE 4x4 Crew cab with the sand/steel leather interior, and it's the best looking combination I've seen in a long time. Have to work a little extra to keep it clean..(washing once a week) but it's worth it.
  • Thanks for the info, Hogboy........My service rep keeps calling me and leaving messages about their service....which has been great so far, and bugging me to fill out the survey. I will and pay him a visit this week and ask about the bulletin. That makes me feel a lot better. Nissan is hoping to win over the loyal owners of the U.S. trucks, so I would expect them to take care of these problems ASAP. It seems to be working............they won me over!
    I have been plagued with the deferential problem. Finally got it fixed two days ago. Still fighting the cost of a rental vehicle.

I have been noticing since I purchased the truck (04 Titan Crew with off road package) that the visibility in the mirrors, especially on the right side is dangerously poor. Very narrow range limiting visibility when changing lanes, pulling a trailer and especially when reversing with a trailer.

Anybody else experiencing the same problems ?
    Do you have the regular mirrors or the big tow mirrors? I have the BT mirrors and have virtually no blind spots, works great with our travel trailer. If you didn't get the big tow pkg you can alway add the mirrors later, they are really good.
    I am not sure what I have but there is a convex mirror below the regular mirror. They are extendable and heated. Didn't know there was another type.

Can't say for sure if it is the regular or tow mirror as I have only seen one other titan.
    Those are the tow mirrors. I can't believe you have problems with them, I love mine. Can back a trailer no problem, can see around our 24' TT as long as the mirrors are extended.
  • chipvjchipvj Posts: 2
    Here is the deal. Go to the Nissan dealer and start talking buyback, lawsuit and the like. They will install new rotors on the front and pads all the way around. Disc brakes have been a problem for most manufacturers on and off for years. This truck is awsome. I have an 05 and have put over 6,000 miles on in 7 weeks. I drive like a madman and so far it is perfect, except for the brake problem. Which by the way is non existant at lower speeds, and really only shows up under certain conditions. [non-permissible content removed] luck all.
  • When I took it in to have these two problems looked at, they simply said they couldn't reproduce the problems. I'm curious. . . what did you tell them to replace your stereo and adjust the hinge/striker place. What I should ask is, "What did you tell them to convince them to replace them?"