Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• cptnmattcptnmatt Posts: 5
    I have a 2004 titan with 29000 miles and have had my first problem, the control module (master computer) is going out. the dealer I use has ordered a new one to be replaced on fri.
    anyone else lose that module
    matt
  • I had heard a thunk noise when i came upto a stop light shortly after I ran over a pot hole ? Didnt think much of it but later on I heard it again, that was a week ago and havent heard anything since!
  • jadstoyjadstoy Posts: 2
    My dealer mentioned that a silent recall was coming sometime in July. Has anyone else heard the same? My understanding is that it's supposd to be a complete brake system replacement.
  • babyboy8babyboy8 Posts: 1
    i have a 2004 nissan titan. bought it at 5400 miles as a demo in jan 2005. i now have 14500 in july. i have had the brakes replaced 4x times. when i went in june, they told me my braking system was updated. while on a road trip all of the vdc, brake and slip lights came on. thankfully brakes never went out all together. am taking another trip, hope this fix was the right fix!!!
  • jgreene3jgreene3 Posts: 1
    Have the same problems @ 1800 miles Dealer said no parts. I am on a list for repair maybe as long as three months. Said that they have a list of 75 trucks ahead of me. Now after I got back my truck the ABS,Slip,Break,4X4 Light came on on the dash.Brake pedel went to the floor. then service engine light game on and speedodometer does not work. Parts will be in in one week. Nissan would not overnight the parts to dealer. Plus i want to get some items from me titan and found that both driver side door have been scratch down to the metal.
  • warrantwarrant Posts: 6
    If you have the utility bed liner, you'll notice that the two tracks in the bed are covered by a plastic/rubber shield. Often, if you come to a stop, they'll ride forward and smack the bed (just behind the cab), creating a disconcerting "boom" kind of noise (at first I thought my bed was coming loose).

The noise I'm talking about is coming from the front driver's side, and I'm now thinking it's actually something underneath, at or near the front driver's side wheel. What it is, I can't fathom, as I CANNOT reproduce the sound by rocking the vehicle - it only happens irregularly when driving over a bumpy (not rutty) surface when the front wheel is leaving the bump. In other words, when the front wheel has very little weight on it (or is actually airborne for a millisecond). At that time, one hears (and feels) a clunk.

Then there are a host of other body and dashboard noises...

Yikes. What's happening to the Titan I loved so much?
  • trucks4trucks4 Posts: 1
    You can always apply for your states Lemon Law and get a new Nissan!
  • kc333kc333 Posts: 1
    I don't know what's happening with your bed, but I had the squeak noises in the DASH. When I put pressure on the dash just above speedometer, the noise stopped. So I bought some velcro, Yes, velcro, and popped up the dash where the noise was coming from.Where the plastic "male" ends of the piece I popped up fit into the dash, I stuck the the fuzzy side of the velco to and popped the piece back into place. Absolutely no sqeaking since. Sure beats dropping my ' 04 Titan off for a day or two.
  • 7forever17forever1 Posts: 11
    Has anyone turned their truck in yet using the Lemon Law (Texas). I love my truck, but enough is enough with the break issue. :sick:
  • kwikirkkwikirk Posts: 2
    It took me forever to figure out what that thunk was. It was the track-rail covers on the floor of the bed sliding forward when I hit my brakes. The 05 Titans have a stop on the end of the cover to stop them but I just cut a piece of sponge and put it between the rail cover and the cab end of the bed and fixed the THUNK.
    I just had my rotors turned for the second time and the dealer said on the third time they would replace the rotors and the front and rear pads.
    I LOVE MY [non-permissible content removed]-KICKING TITAN!
  • rblockerrblocker Posts: 1
    I've had the same brake problems as most of you out there. Replaced front rotors, pads, mounts, at 8,000 miles, again at 22,000. I also have some transmission slippage under power from time to time. I've had enough. Trading in for fuel economy and reliability with a Tacoma. Love the Titan's power and interior room but I won't be stuck with a problem waiting to happen once my warranty is gone.
  • gdl1gdl1 Posts: 1
    I get close to 20 mpg highway, not interstate, in my 2004 Titan. I have 15,000 miles and it runs great. I had a 2002 Frontier King Cab that got less mpg and was underpowered.

GL
    I have 31,000 miles on my 04 and heres the problems I have encountered so far.
    1. control module failure @ 30,000
    2. brakes to be replaced the first week of august
    Other than that its a great truck, also the fuel mileage on a recent trip of around 1,300
    miles the gas mileage was 16.4, not great but I didn't buy for economy did I.
    I just started pulling a travel trailer and it does OK pulling but here the mileage really sucks.
    What really makes a difference to me is the service I get from the Dealer, OUTSTANDING. nothing but praise for them.
    matt
  • mondomondo Posts: 6
    My Titan has gone through two different differentials within the past 8000 miles, I have 18000 miles on it. I have the fully loaded 04 Titan LE, I also have a six inch lift, and 35x12.5 tires on 18" wheels. (that may be the problem). Please tell me the motor is simply to powerful to handle the load pressure my lift setup gives...

Bronco Motors in Caldwell Idaho, sells Titan's with Tires Les Schwabs six inch lifts, there are many Titans running around here with lifts, and so far none of them have had any problems, further Bronco's Service Manager says the tires are too big, but they won't do anything about the Titans they sell....

mondo
  • mondomondo Posts: 6
    I lifted my 04 Titan 6"'s, 35"x12.5"wide, on a 18" wheel.
    My rear differential has failed twice....

suggestions would be very greatfull.

mondo
  • toyhunttoyhunt Posts: 1
    yes.mine is going in tomorrow.will find out how good it will be. :)
    Lithia nissan in Medfore OR is lifting their new truck and calling them Nissmonsters.
    4" lift and 17" tires and it does'nt void the warrenty.

Matt
  • warrantwarrant Posts: 6
    My MD Nissan dealer just turned my rotors for the 2nd time (I have 15,000 miles on an '04, 4x4, big tow package). I'm now on a 30-day waiting list for a complete front brake replacement, which they claim will be a complete fix (new parts package from Nissan).
  • joeg5joeg5 Posts: 1
    The Dash on my Titan rattles. It is worst after being out in the sun. The Dash is hitting the windshield. The dealer fix was to shove some rubber between the dash and windshield. Anyone else have this problem. Also here a noise when stepping on the gas. It is very slight, but noticeable. Almost sounds like pinging, but I know it is not that.

Just got the new brake kit, I hope that is the end of that.
  • capmandocapmando Posts: 2
    I have a new 2005 Nissan Titan and have a problem of condensation forming under the mat on the passenger side front seat. The floor gets extremely hot. Does anyone else have this problem?