Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• warrantwarrant Posts: 6
    Yes, with my '04 Titan. There are times when I'll lift up the passenger side floormat and there's a palm-sized spot of condensation under there. I don't have any idea what's causing it or why it's only an occasional problem. I thought it might have something to do with the AC.
  • kkc4kkc4 Posts: 1
    I have an '04 that I purchased new in Jan '05. The dash rattles terribly when hitting bumps, but I've concluded it's the plastic cover on the instrument panel. Funny thing is, is that when I had my rotors machined for the 1st time, someone put a piece of rubber in between the panel cover and the dash. It still rattles, but not so badly.

My truck pings TERRIBLY at only 7500 miles when pressing on the accelerator, up or down hill. Dealer has now "checked it out" twice (supposedly checked the knock sensors, as well), and insists that it is cheap gas, and that I should buy only brand name gas, but that 87 octane should be okay.

The biggest problem right now is a very loud rattling under the front of the car. Exhaust pipes were replaced and a break in a weld was repaired, but it still rattles.
  • warrantwarrant Posts: 6
    My '04 pinged terribly going up hills from about 7000 to 13000 miles. Now (at 15000 +) it doesn't do that anymore. I don't know why.

I also have the loud rattling under the front driver's side. I'm thinking it's got to do with the left front wheel somehow. If you find out what it is, let me know, please.

Thanks.

Chuck
  • theponitheponi Posts: 3
    I bought my '05 Titan in May. I broke it in according to specs. I then towed a 3000 lb trailer from Latrobe, PA to Phoenix, AZ over the course of 4 days. Once again I broke the axels, tranny and brakes in according to Nissan (tow less than 55 mph for the frist 500 miles). I have had no problems with my brakes...yet. I now have 6000 miles on the car and drive through freeway traffic everyday. I don't know if my brakes were updated before I bought the truck, but for a 5500 lb vehicle it stops dang fast.
  • Like many of you, I have been to the local dealer several times for brake issues. In mid-July, they supposedly fixed them for good with the new kit. They also replaced my cracked windshiled that had a stress crack in it.

This morning, I pulled out of a parking lot onto the street at a redlight, probably wasn't going faster than 20 MPH. The brake light came on, the brakes made an awful, loud noise that I find difficult to describe and they went soft on me like I had no brakes...very wierd, and I have trouble describing it very accurately.

I had Nissan tow it to their dealership as I had no intention of driving it. They have not been able to re-produce the problem. They even asked if the roads were wet as if that might have soemthign to do with it. I think they wanted me to just come and get it and be done with it. They are great, but I'm not screwing around and driving on brakes that are iffy, just because they can't make it happen again...

The brake light never went off, and everytime I pressed the brakes this happened--so the brakes would work, but with much difficulty. No less than 5 times did this happen on my .5 mile trip to my office.

Anyone have any other comments on brakes other than the "judder" issue...I've seen a couple of similiar things mentioned here...

Thanks...
  • billy8billy8 Posts: 11
    Check out my post on warped rotors at the Quest forum. 2004 Quest problems and solutions, Post # 1427
  • I have been having problems with water forming on the passenger side floor. If you look under your truck on the passenger side you will see a hole that has been plugged. All you need to do is push up on the plug and it will break. This hole allows heat and water to form in the cab. Design problem that needs to be corrected. I have had my truck in the shop 5 times and now when I turn right I hear a grinding noise. Can we say Lemon Law!!!! I switched from an american product to this hoping to improve my luck and look what happens.
  • i have had brake problems from the 1st day. at first they kept telling me i didnt know how to drive with big tires. then i had the rotors turned twice, and the i contacted nissan and the dealer put on "a new kit," so far the brakes work , but are spongy and went right to the floor when i had to stop quickly. of course they say that the pedal going to the floor is normal and the brakes are still working when it does that. tell my front bumper with the scrape marks on it from that guys rear bumper/
    tony
  • i would like to does any one know how to do it
    maybe we could get a group to do it
    tony
  • has any one had problems with the front end??? my 2004 titan kc le has had a problem with wondering all over the road. you have to constnatly fight the steering wheel. when you hit a good bump it feels like the tires are coming up throught the truck. of course i have had the brake problems to. they say its fixed ha ha my dealer told me if i wasnt happy to go contact nissan consumer affairs. last truck i buy from Greenville Nissan. texas
  • Well just had my control module ,master computer, die on me in the mountain in the middle of my vacation. I have 15000 miles on the truck. They are replacing it.
  • kamran1kamran1 Posts: 3
    after driving some 20 miles on low tank (yellow light was ON) with my 05 CC (2300 total miles now), I pulled into a gas station and filled up the tank. 23 gallons went in (expected to be able to tank more). When I started the engine, I noticed that the gauge was still on the very low level and the yellow light was still ON. 10 minutes after driving the gauge went slowly up and showed 1/4 of tank full of gas (yellow light was off now). Next day started the engine and it went slowly up to half a tank after some 5 minutes of driving. I suspected some air being trapped in the gas tank, so I accelerated a few times and took a few fast corners with the car. The fuel gauge went up fast and showed full tank. It might have been some air being trapped in the empty tank while pumping gas into the tank with a fast pace but I am not sure. I saw more people having (different) trouble with their Titan fuel gauge on this forum. Any feedback?
  • I have let my tank on the 04 get low several times to where the low light comes on. After filling, it went off and the guage functioned properly.

Matt
  • akanglakangl Posts: 3,591
    Just had this problem with my 04 LE CC, took it right to the dealer and they told me that they have seen this problem a few times and its very intermittent.

What happens is if you top the tank off it holds the float down so the gauge doesn't read. Don't top the tank and the gauge works perfectly. When it clicks off its done, any more and the gauge doesn't read correctly. Its more of a quirk than a problem.
  • flyboy4flyboy4 Posts: 1
    Got a new 05 Titan Crewcab SE 2WD due for an oil change soon. I have been running E85 in it and the book says to use oil that is FFV (flex-fuel vehicle) or AFV (alternative fuel vehicle) compatible. None of the typical oil brands say this on their bottles, and my dealer says it does not matter as long as it is 5W30 oil. The book says using a non-compatible oil can cause engine and warranty problems. Any suggestions.
  • bvarbvar Posts: 1
    My '04 Titan KC has an interesting fuel guage as well. I have noticed that every once in a while the needle will move up until it will read FULL when I have no more than a 1/2 tank of gas. The needle will stay that way for a while and then go back down to the correct reading.
    It keeps me entertained as I get shook around by the brake judder when stopping.
  • I have a 2004 TITAN SE Crew Cab, Off Rd Package, Tow Package. The truck has 12,200 miles on it. I have noticed the power steering to be going out on it. Took it into the dealer. The mechanic stated the fluid was almost gone but he could not find a leak. He filled it back up and 2 weeks later I was back. I got the same answer. They but a dye in it this time to see where it is leaking. The night I bought the truck had the same problem with my radiator. It was leaking antifreeze. I contacted a legal advisor about the "lemon law." Also the brakes are another issue. I think I have a case. Any one else have problems with the power steering fluid leaking?
  • mbattimbatti Posts: 3
    hey whats up my name is mark im bout 21 yrs old and i lease a 2004 nissan titan and I have had my truck in to the dealer 8 times for the breaks and rotors plus i have the new kit on and still having problems. this truck sucks.Do u still have urs and still having problems? I need a favor tell me a lil bit more about urself and if u could help me there will be something in return for u.I filed lemon law but they wont settle they say it is my fualt which is crap. What the deal is im gettin a lawyer and im putting in a lawsuit against nissan now im sueing for the truck and money now if u were to help stand up with me or talk to my lawyer and if i win I will give u a cut of what we make. ill give u my cell # U have any questions or what ever just give me a call at (574)-850-8537 I need witnesses that have the same truck with the same break problems the more ppl i get the more chances I get to beat NISSAN please help give me a call sin- mark B
    hey whats up my name is mark im bout 21 yrs old and i lease a 2004 nissan titan and I have had my truck in to the dealer 8 times for the breaks and rotors plus i have the new kit on and still having problems. this truck sucks.Do u still have urs and still having problems? I need a favor tell me a lil bit more about urself and if u could help me there will be something in return for u.I filed lemon law but they wont settle they say it is my fualt which is crap. What the deal is im gettin a lawyer and im putting in a lawsuit against nissan now im sueing for the truck and money now if u were to help stand up with me or talk to my lawyer and if i win I will give u a cut of what we make. ill give u my cell # U have any questions or what ever just give me a call at (574)-850-8537 I need witnesses that have the same truck with the same break problems the more ppl i get the more chances I get to beat NISSAN please help give me a call sin- mark B
    hey whats up my name is mark im bout 21 yrs old and i lease a 2004 nissan titan and I have had my truck in to the dealer 8 times for the breaks and rotors plus i have the new kit on and still having problems. this truck sucks.Do u still have urs and still having problems? I need a favor tell me a lil bit more about urself and if u could help me there will be something in return for u.I filed lemon law but they wont settle they say it is my fualt which is crap. What the deal is im gettin a lawyer and im putting in a lawsuit against nissan now im sueing for the truck and money now if u were to help stand up with me or talk to my lawyer and if i win I will give u a cut of what we make. ill give u my cell # U have any questions or what ever just give me a call at (574)-850-8537 I need witnesses that have the same truck with the same break problems the more ppl i get the more chances I get to beat NISSAN please help give me a call sin- mark B E-mail hotimportnight8@yahoo.com