Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• well, if they can verify the sensors are bad, let them replace them. Also tell them you would like to see/keep the old ones. The big questtion, if they replace them and it doesnt solve the problem, you shouldnt have to pay for the parts. if they agree, no loss to you and all is ok.
  • titan8titan8 Posts: 41
    I also have a 04 titan crew cab,80,000 miles and no problems as of yet. If your cranking and sure your getting fuel, than your sensors are working,If not your fuel pump will automatic shut down ,but your saying it some what catches and tries to start, this tell me your sensors are working. will look into this matter and repost what I find. Hope this helps you.
    If you buy an electrical part,that still does not fix the problem,99 percent of the time you CAN NOT return it, It`s yours to keep,So please keep that in mind,for anyone changing out electrical components.
  • Now my truck doesn’t want to start…I had a friend mechanic come over the pass 3 days to do process of elimination. Reason 3 days 1 hour a day and because 2 different computers were not giving any codes. We checked fuel pump, pressure in the engine, fuses, relays. Until I remembered, I used a key that I have never used before to move my truck. Nissan gave me 3 keys when I bought the truck. 1 is mine 1 is my wife’s 1 was thrown in the garage and found this passed weekend and used to move my truck. Our trucks have an anti-theft shut off, so if a key is not programmed or not used at all it can lose the program stated by a tech your truck will shut down so it can’t be stolen. Do you recall maybe sticking a different key in even if was a spear that you never use? Check it out only bad part is getting the vehicle down to the dealer and reprogramming the keys and truck.
  • Has anyone heard of this?
    Now my truck doesn’t want to start…I had a friend mechanic come over the pass 3 days to do process of elimination. Reason 3 days 1 hour a day and because 2 different computers were not giving any codes. We checked fuel pump, pressure in the engine, fuses, relays. Until I remembered, I used a key that I have never used before to move my truck. Nissan gave me 3 keys when I bought the truck. 1 is mine 1 is my wife’s 1 was thrown in the garage and found this passed weekend and used to move my truck. Our trucks have an anti-theft shut off, so if a key is not programmed or not used at all it can lose the program stated by a tech your truck will shut down so it can’t be stolen. Do you recall maybe sticking a different key in even if was a spear that you never use? Check it out only bad part is getting the vehicle down to the dealer and reprogramming the keys and truck.
    Never heard a key losing it`s program, So I started doing my home work, If A programmed key comes in contact with a strong magnet it might/ lose it`s program, so this you need to watch out for, Only thing That I found that will make a key lose it`s program.
    All titan trucks in the year 2004---2005 are covered for 75,000 for the brake problem, free of charge---once the miles are over that ---you are on your own--SO do what I did I have a 2004 model with 80,000 miles, once it turned 75,000 miles I put on Brimbo Brakes, ALL rotors with the holes drilled in them and slotted, wow what a diff. it makes. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND---WHEN CHANGING TIRES AND REINSTALLING THEM TIGHTEN THE LUG BOLTS IN A CROSS PATTEN --OVER TIGHTEN ONE OR MORE BEYOND SPECS. WILL DAMAGE THE ROTOR-MAKING IT WARP--SO PASS THIS ALONG.
  • So if it loses its program and you go to use the key will it shut down the vehicle or activate an anti-theft security system? Will this cause the truck just to keep turning no spark doesn't fire up?
    Mike,I also have a Titan truck, Titan trucks has a built in HIGH TECH security system, If the computer sees any kind of tampering going on, The Chip in the computer system will erase it self and totally SHUT DOWN the electrical system protecting the vehicle from getting stolen. REMEMBER you can ONLY get this fix by the dealer and no one else, special codes are needed to reprogram the computer.Hope this help you out.
  • Titan8, thanks I've heard of this happening but you just confirmed it for me. I just have 1 problem towing the vehicle to the dealer. I will put this at the top of my list and fill you in on the results once I get it down to the dealer. Thanks for you input :)
    your welcome anytime, please feel free to ask me any question on the titan--If i dont know I will find the answer asap. If you have AAA service or know anyone thats has it, you can get it towed free to the dealer.Just a reminder.AAA is a great great service!
  • Titan8, got my truck fixed, computer IDPM... this seems like its a on going problem with the Titans. Do you think they might do a recall on this? $540.00 part and labor
    Hello got your reply,Glad your truck is fixed,I have not heard of any computers failing on the Titans,But I will sure will be looking into it right now and letting you know,Only thing about recalls,To get a recall on vehicles,A bunch of computers has to go down to start an alert system before someone really gets hurt. It wont hurt to make a call to Nissan Head quarters to find the correct answer, If this is an on going problem, yes I would say you have a case to fight. Hope I answered your question.
  • does anyone have the information for what the 06 titan 4x4 crew cab drive shaft angles should be? I'm talking both angles from the transfer case back, the angle of the shaft where it goes into the transfer case, and where it meets the differential.
    To get a true accurate measurement I would call Nissan Head quarters and talk to the engineering dept.
  • How does one call Nissan and speak to engineering, any pointers would be appreciated! i can never get passed the "customer service reps" since they always point me to the dealerships and the dealer says they dont have that info and that I need to call HQ.
    In the back of your owners manual there should be a list of number to call Nissan Head Quarters. Once you talk to Nissan REP. ask them "Please put you through the Mechanical engineering dept".
  • tree14tree14 Posts: 3
    06 Titan, 14K rear tail pipe rusted off!! Rear brakes were serviced by the DEALER!!
    @7K but @14K DEALER stated that 1K was needed to replace the rear rotors and
    pads. The tail pipe rusted off also, The dealer called everything bad luck and weather causing the problems. I will be replacing all of the rotors and installing
    ceramic pads. I will never purchase another NISSAN product. The dealerships could
    care less once you pay drive the vehicle off of thr lot!!!!
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    $1K is a bit steep for a rear brake job even with replacing the rotors. You don't by any chance use the truck to launch a boat? That would be the only reason I could see in needing to replace the rear rotors and the tailpipe rusting off.
  • Recently the brake MC on my 05 took a dump into the booster. I had a buddy bring the parts from the States ( I live in Mexico) I refilled the MC and had no-assist brakes and drove that way for a month. The MC did not leak again. Hey I'm a Mexican driver we don't need no stinkin brakes !!
    Replaced the booster and MC. After replacing the MC and booster the brakes have started to drag, sometimes severly sometimes only a little sometimes not at all. When it first occured I was away from home and the brakes were almost locked completely. I disconnected the booster with no effect. Next I thought the push rod on the MC needed adjusting so I pulled up on the brake pedal and it alleviated the lock up temporarily. Readjusting the MC push rod seems to have made the problem occur less and less severely but has not eliminated it. Pulling up on the brake pedal still seems to remove the problem temporarily. This makes no sense to me. What am I missing?

As I see it the brake switch limits the adjustment of the push rod ?? I can't figure out if the switch is adjustable. I adjusted the rod so that the brake light is just off. If I shorten the MC push rod more the brake lights are on all the time.