Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan Maintenance and Repair

1383940414244»

Comments

• obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    IPDM recall PC068
  • titan8titan8 Posts: 41
    Hi, I have 2004 model also,with 109,000 miles and the only thing I had wrong, is the rear diff. seals leaked, But the starting problem you have, Have you checked the crank shaft sensor? If that stops reading,your engine will not start.
  • I have a 2004 Titan that I purchased new. It just turned 70,000 miles. I experienced the same problem a few times a few years ago and searched online for answers after getting no help from the dealer because it wouldn't happen when they had the vehicle. One simple suggestion solved the problem. Just check the level of your brake fluid. It seems that if it gets just a teeny bit low it affects your computer to somehow think something is wrong. I fill it up just to a little above the line and everything is fine as long as I check it every now and then. You say you had a buzzing from the steering wheel area. Perhaps you should check the power steering fluid also becaus maybe that might have the same affect.
    I read your Statement, your so correct!!! on the Brake issue, I changed over to the Brimbo Rotors, The best thing I did after the truck had 75,000 inwhich Nissan taken care of it, Ever since I changed the rotors never had another Brake problem again---I have 109,000 miles on this truck, Bought it brand new in 2004, and runs like a top, Changed to synthetic oil ,Ams oil, at 10,000 miles,again, I have 109,000 and I change the oil every 25,000 miles or one yr, what ever comes first.
  • I took my 04 titan to get an amp and speakers put in, they had the key turned and ran down the battery completely. after charging the battery the truck started but then died. since then it cranks but wont start. any suggestions? :confuse:
    There is a fuse pack on the side of the battery, check to make sure one of those fuses did not blow
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Sounds more like the installer screwed with the security system which now has you locked out thus the no start condition.
  • well the sound shop towed my truck to the dealership and dealership took 3 days to figure it out... they did a relay recall on it. didnt solve the problem then they ordered the ACM that did it... running now... with some idling issues but it running... phew... :) apparently they may have recharged the battery wrong... :confuse: