Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Durango Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mantrasiamantrasia Posts: 11
    i actually ended up calling the chrysler rebate hotline, and the general idea was that they werent quite sure what was going on. what they did end up saying though, is that the 4500 thats listed in their example is a typo of some variety. they also said that even though the $5000 cash incentive that is still listed as being available until july 5th, is no longer valid, and has been replaced with a $3000 incentive. so in effect, the new july deals are worse for durangos than the june promo. employee pricing is clearly a shell game promo....pointless in my opinion unless their goal is to frustrate and annoy potential customers. here's how it breaks down from what i'm seeing

June promo
    $5000 incentive
    $2000 incentive (if vehicle's been on the lot for a while)

i had talked to plenty of dealers that were starting negotiations from invoice, not MSRP, so where there's a typical difference between invoice and MSRP of about $3000, we're talking $10,000 off MSRP. which for the durango i was looking at, was $40,000, minus the $10K, left the price about $30K plus tax.

now with the new EPP hocus pocus, the dealer doesnt deak from invoice anymore, not to mention the rebate is only $3000 now. so that same $40K durango is now EPP priced at $36800, then minus the $3000 brings it to $33800. the aged inventory incentive of $2000 apparently is still in effect until the 5th, so you might get someone to do that still, but even then, it only brings the price down to $31800. pretty much $2000 more than what they were going for a week ago. pretty clever of chrysler to roll out a new "promo" that actually brings the prices up on vehicles.
  • scott451scott451 Posts: 2
    I have leased a 2000 Durango, bought a 2003 Durango, and have recently gone to the dealership for a 2006 Durango. I have 35,000 miles on the Durango now - about 38 months old.

Looking for a 2006 SLT, 4.7 ltr., 2WD... there was a "G" package with entertainment / DVD / sirius... and a sticker of $34,000.

They submitted me a "deal" of 12,000 per year, 39 months... $588 a month - $0 down. The $588 is a before tax payment - so about $625 a month.

Wow... blew me out of the water. After seeing other leases above - what lease payment should I be expecting? THANKS -
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi scott451. That lease payment does sound a little high to me. That's a lot of money to spend for a Durango. I would be happy to use Chrysler Financial's actual lease program to calculate what this truck's lease payment should be for you, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its selling price. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Great info as i was out today looking.
    What rear axel do you have with the Hemi? Is suppose you do have the AutoTrans 5 speed? together you get the 20+ mileage

You got a good deal and now others can too.
    :shades: Thanks
  • Looking at 06's. Got the report from consumer's. Now I'm getting dealer quotes that are below the reported bottom line. What am I to believe?
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    I think the 32000 Durango wholesales for 17000 in a year? (15000 depreciation?) Look up on edmunds, KBB and nada.com to see how much the 40000 version is worth too. You want TONS off these vehicles (well below the bottom line) to avoid financial suicide. (These numbers may be optimistic)

Tons of hidden dealer cash here. Even 10k off sticker (the cheap models) is not giving them away.

The Honda Pilot is a highly rated SUV on edmunds and it depreciates 10k in a year. Many people are negotiating 6500-7500+ off MSRP.

--jjf

Looking at 06's. Got the report from consumer's. Now I'm getting dealer quotes that are below the reported bottom line. What am I to believe?
  • No doubht jrfitsch. For the love of god dont pay anything close to sticker. Look at my post here, I think we got about $10K off sticker. Which the $42K durango is more a $32K suv. IMO its not worth $35.
  • mbgc1mbgc1 Posts: 6
    God only knows what I paid in reality!

I traded my 2000 slt plus with every option, 80,000 miles. I purchased the 2006 st. Stripped down nothing model with a tow package I don't need. Even with cash back I am paying 520 a month to chrysler financial.

I hate this truck! The gas milage is horrible. The warranty is not even close to the one I ahd before and all of the perks aren't included with the roadside assistance such as lock out, gas and flat tire. All of these were on my old truck. The dealer told me I was getting the same warranty and that the gas milage was comparable.HA :mad: :cry:
  • Thought I'd share my purchase I made last week, before the new $5,000 rebate came out.

2006 Durango Limited 4x4 HEMI
    Travel Convenience
    Skid Plates
    Trailer Tow
    AWD
    Hemi
    Sunroof
    Running Boards
    Uconnect
    DVD
    Sticker on vehicle - $43,535
    Paid - $32,000 even

Park Cities Dodge - Dallas, TX

PS. Really wanted an Aspen, but couldn't wait. Then heard today from a dealer they have 2 Aspens in stock. However, fully loaded like the Durango they want $44 and change. No thanks.
  • You ran a lease quote above for someone for 36 months. What should a lease for 24 months be for a 06 Durango 4x4 SLT MSRP 35500 with purchase price of 29500. 12000 miles. Thanks
  • Hey Biz,
    I would definitely talk to your lawyer. It sounds like you could own that new car for what...$3.00??. The dealer (Salesman) is in HOT WATER, that's for sure.
    Let us know what happens.
  • I'd be happy to help you out, msusimon. This truck's lease program actually varies by region. The Northeast or Great Lakes regions have a much more attractive lease program on it than the rest of the country does. If you are outside these areas, don't bother leasing one. If you are in one of the regions, according to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD with an MSRP of $35,500 and a selling price of $29,500 through Chrysler Financial right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $516.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello!

We are highly considering the lease of a new 06' Durango SLT from a dealer in Columbus OH. Cloth/DVD/tow package/3rd row seat. Sticker $36,035. Dealer saying with an 01’ Town and Country LX (59k miles) as trade, that we owe 2,500 on, and nothing else out of pocket, lease with tax for 12K a year and 27 month lease is 298.00 per month. Claims residual is 50% or 17,650 and money factor of 1.968, though the money factor he emailed me does not appear to be in a correct format.
  • This sounds like a FANTASTIC deal - I am looking for the same - Can you let me know if you sign the papers & take it home for that price?
  • I will be happy to let you know how things go if we move forward!
  • I emailed with the dealer again today. Any pros out there think its a great deal or just average? should I ask for better?
    New 06 Durango SLT w/ tow pack 3rd row and DVD player
    MSRP $36,035.00
    Invoice $33,290.00
    Total Rebates and Incentives $8,000.00
    Net Price of Durango$25,290.00
    Term 27 Months
    Money Down via trade in- $3000.00
    Money Factor .00082
    montly approx pymt with tax $298
  • Hi dodgehappy - I'm confused about your $ down - are you putting $300 down or is that a negative payoff of your current car? Looks like you must be getting a "red dot" car since what I understand of rebates are that it's $6000 for the durango + $1000 for lease + $1000 for unit in inventory since 4/1/06. The money factor and residual (if it is still 50%) look good. Are you paying for the DVD player or was it included for free? I've seen it both ways on the ones I've lookd at.
  • Hopefully this will clarify... We have an Chrysler minivan that we owe $2,500 on and the dealer stated they will give us $5,500 for it if we trade.
    Does 50% sound right on the residual for a 27 month SLT lease?
    What do you mean by "red dot", is that a car sitting since April? Is it a bad idea to pick up one of those?
    Not sure on the DVD player, I just know it is part of the sticker price, but I haven't seen the sticker yet to confirm if it was a free option. Does that make a big difference in the lease?
    The dealer did tell me yesterday the lease he calculated the $298 payment on is actually based on a car price 500.00 higher then the correct vehicle price after all rebates. Should the payment go down now because of that 500.000, and if so by how much?
  • Hi dodgehappy, The 50% residual sounds good to me, but if you are putting $3000 as a downpayment, then your payment looks a little high for me.
    Take a look at the DVD player. If it was a no-cost option, then it gets added into the MSRP for the residual, but does not get added into your negotiated price for the Durango. basically, you get 2 good benefits, the residual is higher because you have it, but you don't have to pay it.
    I would ask for some more details before pulling the trigger. It's possible this dealer is marking up the interest rate to get more $$ for him (bad for you).
    I don't think it's bad to buy a car on the lot since April - they haven't changed at all and it allows you to get an extra $1000 off!
  • So with the .00082 money factor the dealer claimed he is working with the the $3000 down plus rebates, the payment doesnt seem to add up, at a 50% residual?
This discussion has been closed.