Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Honda CR-V?

Comments

• Don't know if anyone already mentioned this - but the 2005 CRV is now on the hondcars official website...

http://www.hondacars.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=CR%2- DV
  • $825 price increase for the auto EX. That seems like a lot for the small increase in equipment.

But, just $1700 more than that for the leather, heated seats,heated mirrors, body colored moldings of the SE.. I predict that will be popular..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• bshelbshel Posts: 232
    I thought it was only $300 - up from 23,050 for 2004 EX AT. 2005 brings all those things like VSA and side curtain airbags. plus some other things like 16" wheels.
  • Those prices didn't include the $515 destination charge... It is $825 for the EX-automatic.. Not totally surprising, but a pretty big jump, considering it is just a refreshening.

(still a good value, overall)

• Not too bad of an increase.. Really wasn't thinking about the VSA and the side curtain airbags.. Might be some sticker shock for those that had been considering an '04, though.

regards,
    kyfdx

• My '02 CRV-EX AT had an MSRP of $22,740, so the price has only gone up to $23,865 in THREE years.. Not too bad..

regards,
    kyfdx

• Drilling down..

Looks like the tires are 215/65-16. those will be 0.7" taller than the current 205/70-15. So, it looks like they will fill up the wheel wells a little better... not a big change, but welcome.

• I am disappointed that you can't get an EX with leather in a manual shift. The RAV-4 is available in leather and a manual shift. I am on the fence not only between the two cars, but I decide on the CR-V, whether I'd rather have an EX manual or an SE. Anyone have any suggestions, thoughts, advice? It's all appreciated.
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    It has been rumored that Honda is considering an EX-L package (EX with leather). The decision would depend on how well the SE trim sells.

I would recommend getting the EX with a stick, then paying for aftermarket leather. It's cheaper than going for the whole SE package, if all you want is the leather. Katskinz makes a set that works with the side airbags.

Anybody else think that Honda should have renamed the SE trim the "Touring" model? That's what they've done with vehicles like the Ody.
  • in Europe, designates a wagon..

I think EX-L would have been better, even for the SE edition..

• There were four 2004 CRV's on the lot and NO, zero, none 2005's to be seen. I just happen to see a truck pulling in with a load of the new Odyssey's, but no CRV's

Anyone have any idea when the new CRV's will hit the dealers pavement?

Two year
    Probably November... same as last year and the year before that.
  • Probably November

That sucks. I wonder why they have such a consistent late launch date? My lease is up in November and I need to purchase a replacement then. Good luck getting a rock bottom deal on a 2005 that will have been out for a week or two.

Two year
    Well... technically the 2005 models may show on some lots at the end of October. But I'm sure many of those vehicles are already spoken for. My advice would be to get busy and start making arrangements now. You might find a dealer willing to accommodate your situation.

As for why they have consistent launch dates, I cannot answer that. Other than to ask you, why not?
  • Varmint writes: I cannot answer that. Other than to ask you, why not?

Touche'
    Yeah, I didn't think that was going to be much help. LOL
  • Well I just got a deal of 2005 CRV Ex for $22060 USD included destination fee in NJ. The out the door price is 24191.42. Is it a good deal? They told me the earliest to get the car is late Oct to early Nov. Can't wait to get it.
  • I want to buy my 2005 CRV in November. The day I get it I want to chuck the Bridgestone Duellers and put on Michelin Cross Terrains. Here is the problem, I cant get apples to apples tire size. The 2005 CRV will come equipped with tires sized P215/65 R16. Michelin has a tire sized at P225/75 R16. In a nut shell, what difference do you see between these tires Are they a mile apart, or very similar? Any one want to take a guess if these Michelins will fit with out a problem? Let me tell you once again, the Michelin Cross Terrains are THEE best and quietest SUV tire out there.

Two Year
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,881
    The larger size will be taller overall, and will throw your speedometer/odometer readings off.. The tires come with the car... they are "free".. Why not try them out for awhile? I don't know what vehicle you had the Michelins on, but different sizes on different vehicles sometimes behave differently. They may not even be that great on the CR-V (probably will be great, but you never know).

I wouldn't put a non-stock size on a brand new car.

regards,
    kyfdx

EDIT: This is also a new size for the CR-V. These new Duelers (assuming that is what will come on it) may not even have the same tread design as what comes on the '02-'04 models.

• kyfdx writes: I don't know what vehicle you had the Michelins on, but different sizes on different vehicles sometimes behave differently.

The Cross Terrains are on my Envoy and they are dead quiet, handle like they have metal studs in the winter, and give a plush ride. The ones I have now are down to the wear bars and still ride quieter than the Duellers my friends new 2004 CRV have. Thats the truth. Knowing the difference in size I spoke about before, is there that big of a difference in sizes? It seems minimal to me.

Thanks for your input

Two Year
This discussion has been closed.