Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Honda CR-V?

Comments

• kizhekizhe Posts: 242
    kyfdx: "I think that it may not be the same diameter. " Bigger ? Then it's o'k with me -I hope, that they will keep ratio rims/rubber unchanged.
    kyfdx: "In the same diameter, the 16" will have shorter side-walls, which in general will flex less, giving sharper handling, at some expense to ride quality " - that is exactly what I am worrying about. The ride quality of CR-V is already need improvement IMO.
    shooterd: ".. it falls into the category of personal likes or dislikes" - agree on that, but do not agree that 16" would be STANDARD.
    Give me a choice - I would choose 15", you would choose 16".
    I am suspicious of people who insist on better "handling" and more powerful engine.
    I immediately picture the guy from that Ford truck TV ad, who was trying to outdo Ford from the light stop.
    Another thought. I was visiting Canada to see my friend, who was also a president of successful high-tech Canadian company. We were waiting a taxi on the street, when a truck with that really big wheels passed by. My friend said: " The bigger wheels - the less intelligence their owner have. I never hire people who drive cars with BIG wheels" .
    People beware .... . :-)
  • shooterdshooterd Posts: 24
    Wow...had no idea that tire size would elicit such a philosophical discussion. Not sure whether to infer that that comment was some slight to my intelligence or not and I shall not start spouting off about my college degrees as I tend to think that if one has to try to "convince" someone of their intelligence level, they're already behind in the race. Be that as it may, I was not wishing for HUGE tires, merely a tad larger. And I happen to know a couple of people who are very successful in their own "high tech" jobs around my neck of the woods who drive full size 4WD pickups with larger tires on them than you'll probably ever see on a CR-V. If someone would judge hiring them on the basis of their tire size, I'd be more worried about that. Nonetheless, this is an interesting "how do you do" for my initial postings in the CR-V area. Did not realize I would be challenged upon merely walking in the door. I'd like the bigger tires...there it is. Now, I'll put my dunce cap on and sit in my corner.
    Hey, shooterd: that was a JOKE, I did not mean to offend YOU.
    I did not try to challenge your intelligence - only a sense of humor.
    BTW, - you never know why they did NOT hire you/me, but hire another more or less equally qualified candidate... .
    Actually, I was also speaking about the TREND to have bigger wheels. And I do not agree with that trend. It's only wasting your money. But this was only my humble opinion.
    Welcome to Honda CR-V forum!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,057
    Yes... bigger.. to fill up the wheel wells.

I really doubt the CRV's ride characteristics are due to the size of the tires. Just for an example, the tires on a Honda Odyssey are close to what a CRV would take in a 16" with the same outside diameter. They could easily move to that size with no ride degradation.

Your friend may be right somewhat.... but I think that is more related to the dubs and the spinners.... The CRV is under-tired by modern standards, and could easily go bigger, and improve handling. Ride could be improved by using better tires and with suspension tweaks.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

You have to take the philosophy with the info.. it is a requirement..LOL.

Stick around.. you'll get a lot of good stuff here. And don't take anything personally...

Welcome to Town Hall!!

regards,
    kyfdx

In my post #38 I said:
    " I was speaking about the TREND to have bigger wheels. And I do not agree with that trend. Its only wasting your money."
    Correction: "... the TREND to have bigger RIMS.. "
    I only need to make sure there would be some rubber left :-).
  • player4player4 Posts: 362
    2005 Honda CR-V

Honda is bringing back the Special Edition (SE) to the CR-V lineup in 2005. Although information about this model has not been released, the main features of this trim will be the addition of heated leather seats and outside mirrors along with body colored bumpers, moldings and tire cover. The basic exterior look of this SE should resemble some of the European models that are currently in production. 2005 may introduce some other minor enhancements but for the most part remain very close to the current 04 model. Rumors have been surfacing as of late about a Hybrid version CR-V or possibly a small V-6 option. At this time both are unconfirmed, however an interest in adding a Hybrid CR-V has been discussed in the past by Honda Motor Company. Don't count on either for 2005.

Some of the new accessories for 2005 will include a cargo mat, rear cargo garnish, and backup sensors. Color mix is to include White, Silver, Black, Blue, Gray, Greenish Silver, Red and Beige. Specific color names were not available.

2006 Honda CR-V

Potential EX-L (Leather) option based on the reception of the 2005 Special Edition.

2007 Honda CR-V

The next generation CR-V.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,851
    Hi shooterd, and don't take offense to kizhe's message - I'm sure it was meant to be good, fun banter and not a slight against you. Kizhe's been participating as a member in good standing in all of our CRV-related forums (I think he's obsessed!:))

Hope you feel welcome to continue participating.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    It's not an "obsession". We're just a nice, friendly, fanatical cult.
  • max121max121 Posts: 1
    I was very interested in getting the Pilot but the price is just a bit too high. I'm glad the 2005 CRV will offer leather seats.

Any ideas as to how much the SE model will cost?
  • wenwen Posts: 42
    Not to be ignorant, but WHEN will the 2005 CR-V's be available at Honda Dealers ?? We currently have an Acura MDX ('03 Touring w/NAV) and although a great vehicle, it does guzzle PREMIUM gas. I drive a realy clean (Florida car) '00 TL with 36K miles, I am selling (privately- hoping to get $18K) or trading in towards a CR-V. We recently moved to Connecticut and Premium gas in BOTH vehicles is a real "expense" !!
    I do not when the 2005 CR-V will go on sale , but maybe expect to see in in showrroms late fall.
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 11
    how do you know that the 2005 will have leather?? simply because someone posted it here??

well I'm posting that it will have a V8 ... so it must be true :)
    The reason we kno that is because 2005 the CR-V will be in a Special Edition (SE) and that special edition we've heard that it will have Leather. Dont think that this forum is about making up stuff we keep it real here!!!
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    so what exactly will be in the SE model?
    There's pure, unsubstantiated speculation and then there's educated guessing. We cannot be absolutely certain that Honda will offer specific hardware or changes. However, we can look at the history of previous cars, Honda's announcements regarding their product direction, and other clues to rule out things (like rumors of V8s) and support others (like the return of the SE trim).

This link, plus a few color changes represent the best information I have found. If you'd like to know why I think this rumor is credible, please feel free to ask.

varmint "Honda CR-V" Apr 29, 2004 10:25am
    so that's it?
    Wow! A V-8!! Thanks, varmint.. I can't wait to trade mine in next year. So, how many horsepower in that special SE V-8? 250? 400?

Boy, this is a great forum.. I can't wait to spread the word..

Wait.... I'm confused... I can't tell unsubstantiated speculation from educated guessing.

regards,
    kyfdx
    (tongue in cheek, for the slower ones out there)

There is NO way Honda is gonna put a V8 in a CR-V, c'mon!!!!! The Acura RL Concept didnt even get a V8 to stay head to head to its competitors, and i just dont see Honda with a V8 anytime soon, and if they do bring out a V8 it will start on Acura cars not Hondas. Just think about it Acura RL Concept getting a supercharched V6, and a little SUV the CR-V getting a V8???? Get outta here!!
    not possible at all, period. I don't even have to guess on that one.
    Obviously, that was a 'V8 JOKE' , guys.
    You may start to laugh now :-).
    Started with that you might want to not start stuff like that because people who come here to see this thread they see the "V8 thing" and they'll believe it becaus ethey dont know nothing about whats going on, so lets just keep it clean and real here cuz peeps might come and believe our "little jokes".
    Player is right. We all know it's supposed to be a straight 8.
  • theracoontheracoon Posts: 666
    Since Honda hasn't made an official announcement about the 2005 CR-V it's all speculation, rumors, and wishful thinking at this point -- no matter how many times you've seen the information posted here and in other forums.

:)
  • ggoomggoom Posts: 4
    Do you guys have any clue when Honda make an official announcement for the 2005 CR-V? Was it historically June? Aug? Oct?

By the way, Varmint, what is your source of the info?

Thanks!!
  • theracoontheracoon Posts: 666
    I believe it was early September last year.

:)
  • Am I correct in remembering, don't new model year Honda's come out in mid October? I hope the rumor of 16 inch wheels on the EX proves to be true. That would cinch the deal for me.
    Source? It was posted on a very reputable site with a name I cannot mention as doing so would violate the TH member agreement. Then it was removed later the same day. That's the kind of thing they do when they get info that is too close to the truth and Honda asks them to pull it. By reposting it here, I'm probably burning any chance I might have of achieving my life long dream of being a Honda PR guy. =)

But more to the point, the information is very realistic. The fourth year SE model is pretty much a given with Honda's FMC schedule. The heated leather and painted bumpers are items they already offer in other markets. The addition of 16" rims is a no brainer. The outside temp gauge is another item from other markets. Honda already stocks the tire size for the Element. Heck, they might even use the same rims. Honda has already announced that all the safety equipment is going to be standard across the board by 2007. Seeing it early is no surprize. Revising the grill and headlights is another typical move for the refresh year. They just did it with the Civic.

About the only thing that is unexpected is the possibility of revision to RT4WD.
    And ... don't forget the Straight-8!! It is the special DeVille model CR-V.

This discussion has been closed.