Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Honda CR-V?

Comments

• So...

Do the new models for Honda come out sometime in October?

Thanks
  • player4player4 Posts: 362
    2005 Accord - August
    2005 Civic - September
    2005 S2000 - September

I dont know about the others.
  • Anyone know specifically about the CRV and the month it debuts for the new model year? I always thought it was in October.

Thanks
  • suvtimesuvtime Posts: 58
    I think your right. Mid to late October for the new models.
  • Wouldnt it be worth putting in the Accord's V6 to keep it better than the competition, thad dot he trick, it would definetly be a pretty beefy engine for the Mini SUV segemtn what do u think?
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    Will there be VCM on that engine?
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,697
    I suspect you'll see a 2.4L hybrid before you see a V6 in the CRV.

Bob
    Knowing how environmentally responsible Honda is compared to other automakers, I think rsholland is right.
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    The V6 won't fit under the hood. I mean, sure, it might be possible to shoe horn the block in there, but the radiator and everything else would have to be external. =)

When you change the block, you also have to change the support systems (cooling, exhaust, air intake, etc.). So the V6 really wouldn't be an easy fit.

Going hybrid, as Bob suggested, would require less space under the hood. The battery is the largest component, but that can go in the back. The electric motor used in the IMA system is actually quite small.
  • nyfocus1nyfocus1 Posts: 11
    I'm in the market for a small SUV & the CRV is at the top of my list. I was planning to buy during the summer but if there are going to be upgrades to the 2005 CRV, maybe I'll wait until the fall. I can live without the heated leather seats & the power boost seems like it may be a modest one (an extra 5 or 10 hp shouldn't make a big difference). However, stuff like 16 inch wheels, body color bumpers, outside temp gauge, 5-speed auto are things I would like to have.

I guess my question is: Are these real enhancements that is worth waiting for or are they a "wish list" that may or may not happen? I'd hate to wait another 4-6 months if the only change will be a different shade of blue.
    It depends. I would wait, see if I like it. If I like it, buy it. If I don't like it, look at the leftover 04 models that will be discounted.
    Even though the '05 CR-V will not be available until October or November, more information on what enhancements will be included should be confirmed within a months or two. I'd wait to see what they are. Then make the decision.
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    Forget about V8, V6, straight 8, gay 8, 16" wheels, etc. for 2005. I'll settle for auto-off headlights!

BTW, the SE with leather, heated seats, etc. that you guys are eagerly anticipating -- we've had it in Canada since 2002, in the form of the EX-L.
    With the previous generation CR-V, Canada had the LE model long before we got the SE.
  • crvmancrvman Posts: 14
    I love Hondas. I currently have a Honda CRV lx 2000 and may want to upgrade to 2005 however, every since the mover the emergency brake to thew dashboard, my 6'6" frame gets in the way. I don't think Honda is biased towards tall people, however if this continues, I may have to wind up with a Civic.
    try other Honda offerings. The Pilot, Odyssey, Accord are all excellent cars in their class. (although the Odyssey is being redesigned this fall)
  • crvmancrvman Posts: 14
    Thanx for the feedback. Although I had an 87 Accord which I fit well in, I can no longer fit in the new ones. In their infinite wisdom, Honda has created more inside headroom in their Civic than Accord. Pilot is an option however I'm hoping that maybe the new CRV will have more head and leg room.
  • refereeguyrefereeguy Posts: 20
    I saw a chart of '05 colors on Saturday at my local dealership. As reported earlier, a light metallic silver/green color will be available on LX and EX models only, SE will have 4 colors available including a new pewter tone. My dealer contact has been with this Honda store for 10 years and has fairly good information. He thought new V's will not be at dealerships until November time frame.
    just a little off topic, but does the dealer know anything about the redesigned Odyssey?
    Good one jchan!!!!
    2005 Release Dates/Model Matrix

CR-V

2WD LX Automatic
    4WD LX Automatic
    4WD EX 5spd or Automatic
    4WD SE Automatic
    anything else about next year's CR-V? Like updated colors, seat fabrics, styling changes, etc.?
    no thats basically all that i kno...
  • 307web307web Posts: 1,033
    Since the 2005 is not an all-new design (just some updates of the existing model) why is this not just part of the existing CR-V message board?
    It isn't as if there are new engines or major changes to the body or interior.
    It doesn't seem that the volume of either board is that huge that they need to be subdivided.
    that's a good question and one I cannot answer.
  • bshelbshel Posts: 232
    Is a speculation thread. Tossing about ideas about having a SE model in the U.S. available. There are a few threads that got started with a question (2004: pros and cons), etc. Comparisons to the appearance and features of the Canadian top model - overseas models etc.
  • leochanleochan Posts: 8
    Anyone have an idea (or intuition) whether there will be lumbar support for the 05 model? I would like to buy a CRV but I have test drove 3 03/04 models and they all hurt my back regardless of the positions I play with. ON the other hand, I had no problem finding a comfortable position on the Accord. Thanks!
  • mjd222mjd222 Posts: 3
    Can you please tell me what you know about the 2005 color pallet for the Honda CRV? thanks
    He mentioned the OD but I did not press him for details. I let my van go about a year ago in favor of a Suburban Z71 and have not thought at all about vans since then.
    From what I recall the main changes were that LX and EX models will have a light silver/green available. One other new color that will be available on SE models is pewter, otherwise status quo.
This discussion has been closed.