Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Honda CR-V?

Comments

• Hey Everyone. Just left my local Honda Dealer and the '05 CRV-SE from what they have been told, will have heated leather seats(tan color), heated side mirrors, monochromatic paint, and a few other yet to be announced "tweaks". Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  • player4player4 Posts: 362
    revised grille and headlights, upgraded brakes, "Safety for Everyone": VSA and side curtain airbags, SE model with leather and body colored bumpers, possible 5AT
  • jmltribjmltrib Posts: 20
    Greetings!

For those of you who have seen color info, can you tell us what the 4 colors for the SE model will be. I believe I have seen that pewter and black are two of them and am curious about the rest. Thanks in advance for your reply!
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,816
    IMHO, these are unlikely, unless they are offered on all models. Unlike leather & paint, these require engineering, CPU, and wiring harness changes.
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    VSA has been offered on the CR-V since 1996 in the Japanese market. So, the engineering for that one has already been done. The side curtains are new, but Honda may have designed the vehicle with an expectation for adding them later.
    I just don't get Honda. Why don't they offer this stuff in the US?
  • automaticautomatic Posts: 41
    I'd be 99% sold on an 05 CRV, if side curtain airbags were available. I am not aware of any other auto maker who has introduced side curtains in mid-product cycle. Subaru did not include them on the 05 Impreza, even though (I believe) all their other 05 models do have them. Seems easier to wait until the next CRV redesign (model year 07?). Is the side-curtain rumor coming from a reliable source, ir is it just wishful thinking?
    "Why don't they offer this stuff in the US?" - Stevedebi

Because we won't pay for it.

You also have to take into account the fact that the CR-V is considered an upscale vehicle in other markets. We think of it as an entry-level vehicle. To them, it's almost a luxo-barge. In Japan, the CR-V competes on par with the Harrier (Highlander to us).

"I am not aware of any other auto maker who has introduced side curtains in mid-product cycle." - Automatic

Honda will have to do this if they expect to meet their "safety for everyone" goal with the Element. The Element isn't due for redesign until 2008. Their goal is to have these safety items standard by the 2007 calendar year.
    I would have paid for VSC, and side curtains... but Honda didn't offer them.
  • icvciicvci Posts: 1,031
    Me too. We may be exceptions though. Think about it, there are still people that don't even wear set belts. And a large group of Americans that don't want to wear helmets on their motorcycles. (Not arguing wether the government should have the power, I just can't believe it's an issue.)
    I would have paid for them, too.

But the LX without side airbags is far more popular than the LX with side airbags. And the LX is more popular than the EX. So both side airbags and ABS take a backseat to price in our market.

I believe this is changing as people learn more and more about safety. The NHTSA and IIHS crash tests have brought more media attention to safety. But we're not there, yet.
  • silver_bulletsilver_bullet Posts: 1,339
    I won't argue against safety, but I'm glad that we have a choice (for now) and can purchase vehicles without the added cost and complexity of ABS, traction control, and multiple airbags. Not everyone wants these features, or desires to pay for them.
    Yes, but that is the point. You have the choice to NOT buy those things, but others do not have the choice to buy these items. I wanted VSC and curtains, and Honda makes them for the CR-V - just not for the American market.
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    Didn't Acura introduce side curtains on the MDX mid-cycle, and didn't Nissan do the same with the Pathfinder LE?

IMO, side curtain, VSA, 5AT, along with 16" - 17" alloys, and 200 HP i-vtec 4, are more likely to be found on the '06 Acura RDX.
  • alphajcalphajc Posts: 34
    What brings down the cost of airbags (front, side, curtain, etc), abs brakes, vehicle stability control and other features that save lives is economies of scale.

Nobody gets hurt by having these features in a car as it saves lives. A government mandate will dramatically drive down prices for these important features. It is not a bad idea to make all car buyers pay let's say $400 for safety features in all cars, instead of making them optional for $2,000.

If you give people too much choices, I bet you some people would want to save $80, by eliminating seat belts from cars or $200 to eliminate turn signals. Freedom of choice is great, but when it comes to safety, I prefer some mandates on mature technologies.

I would have gladly paid more for a VSC system and curtain airbags for my CR-V. But I did not have the option. Because there was no mandate for them.
  • silver_bulletsilver_bullet Posts: 1,339
    "Nobody gets hurt by having these features in a car as it saves lives" - Try telling that to the people who have been injured by airbags that have deployed unnecessarily during low speed collisions, not to mention the children who've been killed by them. Again, I'm not arguing against safety, I'd just prefer to have the option to not buy some of the technology. And no, I don't have a problem with seatbelts or turn signals. If you want all the gizmos, there are plenty of vehicles out there to satisfy you - stop looking at CR-Vs and go visit the Acura dealer ;-)
    Well, by 2007 these will be standard. That's already been announced. Whether or not they are here with the 2005 CR-V is the only question.
  • gotjgotj Posts: 5
    My wife and I have been looking for a new second vehicle. She wants a CR-V. We've confirmed with the local dealers that all 2005 CR-Vs will come with side + side curtain airbags, VSA, 16" wheels/tires, 5 speed auto, and redesign of the front and rear. The dealer wasn't certain of a delivery date, nor did they have any pictures available. They also didn't have pricing information either. (Leather and heated seats have been available in Canada as the EX-L model for a while now)
    This is what Honda of Canada has announced for the 2005 CR-V.

New 5-Speed Automatic transmission
    Vehicle Stability Assist, Side SRS & Side Curtain SRS on all trims
    Restyled front and rear
    Keyless entry added on LX model
    16" steel wheels on LX,
    16" alloy wheels on all other trims
    Plus several new colors and a few original colors discontinued.
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    I'm really really (pleasantly) surprised the CR-V is getting all of these upgrades. I mean those are not trivial upgrades!

How about a bump in HP? Or auto-off headlights (trivial to some people, but not to me!)?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,957
    I'll be really interested to see if the 16" wheels come with taller tires.. to fill up the wheel wells.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• tim5tim5 Posts: 2
    This link shows what the 2005 CR-V looks like in Europe. It has some of the styling changes that have been mentioned earlier in the thread but not some of the mechanical things (16" wheels seem to be an option). Not sure if this is what the 05 CR-V will look like but it is probably close. I like the changes (like it now too!). It does seem weird to see the steering wheel on the right though!

Enjoy.

http://www.honda.co.uk/brochure/download/cars/HondaCR-V.pdf
  • 307web307web Posts: 1,033
    That's probably unique styling for Europe. It isn't even a 2005.
  • tim5tim5 Posts: 2
    sorry, I meant what a 2005 might look like.
    I know what you mean about the trivial stuff. One of the upgrades I've been hoping for is the addition of steering wheel-mounted controls for the radio. Seems simple, but I've come to appreciate them in my wife's TL.

Hopefully, the new tranny doesn't add much weight (it shouldn't). We may see a small boost in highway MPG.
    Did you notice the 3 year, 100K mile warranty? What I don't get is why the radio antenna is on the roof.

Also, that 2.0 liter engine is pretty efficient, although it produces less HP and torque.
  • theracoontheracoon Posts: 666
    Did you notice the 3 year, 100K mile warranty?

Actually, it's 3 year/90,000 mile warranty. Different country, different expectations. :)

http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/warrantyOverview.html
    The Brochure said 100K, that was my source...
  • nofeernofeer Posts: 381
    We are also lookin g for next year, when will crv be redesigned, new model???
    also does this make sense to compare the two, apples and oranges or reasonable choices?

Can i get a learned pros and cons of both. i like the syling of the element and doesn't it have a place to plug in your MP3 player or is that a honda add on

ride, comfort, room aren't they very similar??

which to choose with two carseats and the ability to hold stuff. is the interior volume greater in the crv or the element??

thanks for your help
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,957
    is that it functions as a two-door car. Go to pick up your child at school, and you have to open your door for them to enter in the left side of the car. Or, they can get in the right side, but who closes the front passenger door after they are in the back seat?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

This discussion has been closed.