Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Honda CR-V?

Comments

• 307web307web Posts: 1,033
    Does the base LX model at least have a headlight warning buzzer?
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,785
    "Does the base LX model at least have a headlight warning buzzer? "

Huh? I thought all models already had a buzzer if you left your headlights on and opened the driver's door...
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    Yeah, all models have a warning buzzer. But, for me personally, it's not foolproof. I think after awhile you mentally tune it out. Or if you're parked in a noisy area, you can't really hear it. Much simpler if the thing just turns itself off. Don't need any fancy delay-off function. Just have it turn off with the ignition.
    the CR-V is unchanged for 2005! So what happened to all the above-discussed changes? Mid-year changes? I have a sneaky suspicion that the changes are actually for the Acura RDX, or the next generation (2007) CR-V.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,029
    Haven't you seen "Rebel without a cause"? All of those cars running with the lights on? And with the world in an energy crisis?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Car and Driver is notoriously late to the game on changes and scoops.. part of it is being a monthly magazine.. but, I wouldn't put much stock in what they say..

• varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    I like a good skeptic, but this stuff has been published on the Honda media site. Read the first three releases (and look at the pics). =)

http://hondanews.com/CatID2031
    There's C & D in the annual new car round-up, saying the CR-V is unchanged. Something don't add up. If the info is on the Honda media site, why is C & D saying what they are saying? Typo, or are they asleep at the switch?
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    Sounds like either they couldn't publish the changes in time or they are asleep at the switch.
    And a six-week lead time for that info to go to press.... And to C&D, 16" wheels and some optional leather might qualify as "no changes". (But, VSA and 5-speed automatic should)

• stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,785
    "And to C&D, 16" wheels and some optional leather might qualify as "no changes". (But, VSA and 5-speed automatic should) "

Not to mention side curtain airbags, which are listed in the Honda releases. Though personally, I suspect a lot of people are going to be pleased with the steering wheel audio controls... it is used daily, whereas VSA and airbags are rarely used.

I don't think the leather is optional - it is standard on the SE trim, but I haven't seen that it will be an option for other trims. Same with color keyed bumpers...
    I read one article suggesting that Honda may consider an EX-L model for the CR-V next year (2006) and on future models. It depends on how well the SE does.

I'm a bit miffed that there is no longer an LX AWD model with a manual transmission, myself. That model was a real bargain and terrific performer. Now you can only get the stick-shift with an EX.
  • the update to RT4WD sounds good.....cam-driven with more aggressive torque-transfer to rear-wheels (from what i've read)....mostly have been considering subaru outback;

any ideas if this updated rt4wd provides a limited-slip rear-differential?

are there any aftermarket limited slip diffy's ?

...really my off-roading is limited to ski parking lots and the occasional dirt road i.e national parks, getting to a trailhead...

thanks in advance!
    Benevolent despot:

Step on up to the EX next time.. Pamper yourself with the moonroof and alloys... You deserve it!!

• Car & Driver is not an authority on these matters, certainly not in this context. Online discussion boards like this are far more up-to-date on changes and detailed facts about vehicles than the mainstream auto media.

The changes to the 2005 CR-V are a fact, confirmed by Honda itself. C&D just got it wrong. They also missed changes to the 2005 Liberty and other vehicles. Since I subscribe to C&D, I wrote them a letter about it.

It's amazing how much people can learn from the Edmunds Town Hall. Car salespeople I talk to know so little about cars, partly because they simply aren't "wired" - they don't participate in the modern world of the internet, Edmunds, etc. They seem to have missed the revolution. The same could be said of the magazine journalists. All they had to do was go to the Edmunds boards, and they would have avoided lots of errors and omissions in the magazine.
    varmint does his self-pampering in his wife's TL :)
    He needs more... maybe a harem?

I have an EX (used to transport my harem). It's a 1999 model, though. But the LX is the more popular trim here in the US. Restricting them to the auto transmission jacks up the price of admission for an AWD CR-V.

With the addition of the less expensive Element on the lots, I can see why they did this. But that LX stick with AWD was a real steal.
  • Do the 04's or 05's have drive seat lumbar support?
  • jbl1jbl1 Posts: 6
    any ideas when the 2005's will be at dealerships?
  • Don't know if anyone already mentioned this - but the 2005 CRV is now on the hondcars official website...

http://www.hondacars.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=CR%2- DV
    $825 price increase for the auto EX. That seems like a lot for the small increase in equipment.

But, just $1700 more than that for the leather, heated seats,heated mirrors, body colored moldings of the SE.. I predict that will be popular..

• bshelbshel Posts: 232
    I thought it was only $300 - up from 23,050 for 2004 EX AT. 2005 brings all those things like VSA and side curtain airbags. plus some other things like 16" wheels.
    Those prices didn't include the $515 destination charge... It is $825 for the EX-automatic.. Not totally surprising, but a pretty big jump, considering it is just a refreshening.

(still a good value, overall)

Not too bad of an increase.. Really wasn't thinking about the VSA and the side curtain airbags.. Might be some sticker shock for those that had been considering an '04, though.

regards,
    kyfdx

My '02 CRV-EX AT had an MSRP of $22,740, so the price has only gone up to $23,865 in THREE years.. Not too bad..

regards,
    kyfdx

Drilling down..

Looks like the tires are 215/65-16. those will be 0.7" taller than the current 205/70-15. So, it looks like they will fill up the wheel wells a little better... not a big change, but welcome.

• I am disappointed that you can't get an EX with leather in a manual shift. The RAV-4 is available in leather and a manual shift. I am on the fence not only between the two cars, but I decide on the CR-V, whether I'd rather have an EX manual or an SE. Anyone have any suggestions, thoughts, advice? It's all appreciated.
    It has been rumored that Honda is considering an EX-L package (EX with leather). The decision would depend on how well the SE trim sells.

I would recommend getting the EX with a stick, then paying for aftermarket leather. It's cheaper than going for the whole SE package, if all you want is the leather. Katskinz makes a set that works with the side airbags.

Anybody else think that Honda should have renamed the SE trim the "Touring" model? That's what they've done with vehicles like the Ody.
    in Europe, designates a wagon..

I think EX-L would have been better, even for the SE edition..

This discussion has been closed.