Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Honda CR-V?

12345679»

Comments

• Sorry for last post.
    I have heard lot about 2003-2004 Honda CRV fire problem. Can any one tell me any news about 2005 model.
    is it good idea to buy new CRV after all those engien problem in last two models.

Joshofindia.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,876
    Hi joshofindia -
    Since the 2005 models are brand new, no one has data on the incidence rate of fires yet. I'd say that if you're very concerned about the issue, then there's no sense buying this vehicle - you'll only worry about it forever.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    honda.ca site now only lists the 5-sp auto as the only change on the '05. No curtain airbags, VSA, or even the 16" wheels. Weird!
  • Let's hope they make a better car than web page.
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Posts: 675
    The CRV fire problem is caused by the Tech removing the oil filter and having the old gasket stick to the block. When replacing with the new filter, there are two gaskets...the leakage is what is causing the fires.
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    It's just poor tweaking of the website. Here's a link to a Canadian newspaper giving first impressions of the 2005 model. It lists all the stuff we are getting here in the US.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/L- ayout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1097185809655&call_- pageid=968867497088&col=969048871196
  • silver EX - seems like a nice car. Safety features are impressive. Car was built in Japan.
  • Test drove an '04 CRV and found it very noisy. Drove my 01 pathfinder over the same road to compare. Does anyone know if the '05 CRV is any better.
    The new 5-sp auto may result in lower rpm, which would mean less noise.
    Honda's Canadian site is bush (not George W.). New model updates are always late. The "Build Your Honda" function is not as detailed as the US site.
  • Good article but it doesn't mention the drive by wire improved throttle and the cam driven all wheel drive mentioned earlier. Do you think it's a Canadian car?

Has anyone driven an '05 to see if these two items make a difference? Can anyone explain what the cam driven AWD is all about?
  • hi i just picked up my honda crv 2005 se in black i love it . i have had a toyota rav 2000 and this autio blows that away. the dealer knew all about the oil change fire problem said the problem was techs not doing oil change properly. picked up the car for only 1200 under sticker i am very happy with price.
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    Yep, I'm sure it was a Canadian vehicle. There are several differences between the trim levels here in the US and Canada. The author's remarks hit on a few of those items.

The article seems to focus on what the reviewer was able to observe, and only that. It isn't even clear that he/she drove the car. Instead it focused a great deal on features, cosmetics, and Honda's market plans (supplied in press material, no doubt). In short, it was not a technical or performance-oriented review. With that understood, it's no surprise that the new AWD and throttle system were not mentioned.

Frankly, it would cost Honda more money to use the old RT4WD system in the Canadian vehicles than it would to use the new one. Why manufacture and install two different designs when you can use one?

That's one of the reasons why Honda cars tend to have high levels of equipment in the base and middle models and not many options. Offering options only complicates the manufacturing process and multiplies the headaches for the guys who do inventory.

So, yeah, the Canadian CR-V should have the same stuff as the US market.
  • gotjgotj Posts: 5
    The canadian honda website seems to be correct now. It lists the VSA, 16" wheels, curtain airbags and steering wheel audio controls among other new features. It doesn't specify whether or not the rt4wd is updated or not, but presumably it is.
  • Unless a trade-in was involved, I would be interested to know what you actually paid---total drive-out price and the components of that price: sales tax, tag fees, and the total amount that the dealer received, including its documentary and advertising fees, etc.
  • hi in response to peachtree the total tax everything was 28,582 includes front chrome trim, door edge guards, cargo net and 7 yr 100,000 no deductible honda care warranty and 5yr protection on exterior and interior and wheel locks installed.
  • I just got a 2005 CRV Ex Red for $21,800 plus tax + 195 for document fees.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,746
    Gee....that is what I paid for my '02 EX.. in '02!!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• srini1srini1 Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the 05 CR-V LX comes with the security alarm (Remote Key etc)? The Honda site seems to show this is as an accessory.
    I am looking towards the 05 LX and thinking if I have to pay for this? If it does not come with it, would i be better off installing it afterwards from CircuitCity or somewhere?
    I would also be interested in knowing the invoice price. Edmunds does not have this but Yahoo shows it as $18,473.
    Thanks
  • bshelbshel Posts: 232
    are you looking for FWD or AWD?
  • coleboycoleboy Posts: 13
    Hi Bostonbuddy, where did you get a deal like that? I am in Western Ma?
  • All 2005 come with keyless entry as standard. None comes with alarm. Not even the top of the line CR-V SE, which is the one I got for $800 below invoice. The keyless entry are built into the key for 2005. So, if you get aftermarket alarm, you will have one extra alarm control on your key.
    I think some aftermarket alarms made by DEI can integrate with the factory remotes, but Honda tends to discourage going aftermarket. Something to do with compatibility with the car's electronics.
  • stevefstevef Posts: 5
    Picked up my 05 CR-V LX 2WD from Honda Windward about three hours ago. Got the Costco price, which below MSRP (a major accomplishment in Hawaii).
    Too early to give an comprehensive report, but so far so good. I'm not too excited about the Dunlop tires, though.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,876
    Since this SUV has hit the streets, it's time to join other owners & enthusiasts in the regular Honda CR-V discussion.

If you've purchased or are in the process of shopping, please visit our Honda CR-V: Prices Paid & Buying Experience topic and share your story, or learn from others.

Thanks to everyone for participating & sharing information!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.