Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TL Navigation System Hints and Experiences

Comments

• chiroschiros Posts: 1
    Just bought an 08 and was wondering the same as it wouldn't change to the night view on Auto setting. Found out if you turn your Max brightness setting off by one push dimmer it will change automatically when headlights are turned on.
  • so as long as my lighing is on max the nav will always stay in day mode? ill have to try it, thanks!

congrats on your 08! i got mine a little less than 2 months ago.
  • you are right, thanks for your help!
  • Hi,

I just brought a Acura TL 2002. It has a navagation system, but is outdated. How can I change the CD? I know the CD is in the trunk, if I remove the CD will I have any problems when I reload it?

Can I get the steps on how to remove the navagation CD.

Also, which version should I get? Where can I get a new version without spending alot of money. If I get a new version of the CD, would I be able to copy it?

Thanks!
    Mandeep
  • I have just brought a Acura TL 2002. The CD player just stopped working, is there any way to remove it and try to fix it?

Thanks!
    Mandeep
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    Thanks for the post. Very helpfull.
    In another post you also mentioned that the DVD can be copied using a DL blank. How can one find out if a DVD from one car model will work on another (say from TL to Pilot). Also, if 4.6 is not good why give it to the dealers who in turn will give it to the customers? Thanks.
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    go on www.acuranavi.com and get version 2.50. It's the current version for your TL. It's very easy to update. Yes you can copy it but you need Dual Layer DVD discs.

Turn on the Ignition but don't fully start the car.
    You just eject the disc.
    Carefully remove it and replace it with the new disc.
    Close up the cover to the nav system if it has it and you're done mostly. It might go black then will be back to normal. Might want to turn on the car to force the system to install when done. It's very easy to update. Might not have to the restart step.
    2002-2005 Pilot can use the same disc as the 00-03 TL. If you have a 2006 and up model then you need to get 4.x. 2004-2006 TL's use the 3.x system. 2007-2008 use the 4.x system. There were some update issues. Some people said it was ok. People were reporting crashes. I think they kept it for dealers only as a backup or something like that.

Also www.hondanavi.com and www.acuranavi.com have a list of the years and models. It tells you which is the right disc.
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    Thanks, My 08 Accord came with 4.62.
    Since each car's navi has its own GUI what do you think would happen if the disk from 08 was put in the 06. Wouls that also update the menu and add the extra functions or just the map info will be updated. Any potential for corrupting the system? I think besides the version we need to specify what car it is for and maybe the DVD includes the car specific OS? Thanks again.
    It will work but it could cause bugs. Oops I forgot to mention that 06 TL's use the 3.x disc. Only 07-08 units use it. Like I said it won't work if it's an 06 accord then it will be fine but 4.62 has had problems with 4.x vehicles. This bug is pretty wierd since newer models are fine but not older ones. Probably error or won't work. Also the 08 accord has a different voice recognition system. There are probably different software. The navi uses a custom version of Windows CE or something like that. Alpine says use the disc that is made for your car.
  • He says it stays on "day mode," so it's not a headlight issue, unless he's not putting his light on at night.

Instead, try hiting the "max brightness" button - it's below the speedometer, to the left or right. It will override the night mode. It's very useful if you have your headlights on during the day, due to rain or fog or whatever, but you have to remember to hit the button again to get it back to night mode.

[just rechecked and saw the other answers to this question - guess Ineed to check in more often!]
    There is a way to retrofit the 99 Hard drive system to the 00-03 system.
    The current 4.62 discs supposedly do work on the older 4.x cars but they are only letting dealers have them. Dealers can only get them. I'm sure they can order it for you. They had to remake all the 4.62 discs which caused a shortage. Alpine felt that the dealers should only order them for 08 models due to the sc. If a new version doesn't contain any additional map data there will be updated POI's. Hope this helps.
  • Hey guys! I just got a new 08 TL w/nav and I have this one question... it said in the review that you can have the climate function displayed on the nav screen. does anyone know how to do this? I have yet to figure it out! Maybe I'm just slow.. but can someone please let me know? Thanks!
  • kkysethkkyseth Posts: 1
    On my 06 TL my clock on the dash differs by about 2.5 hours than the clock on the navi. system.I can change the clock on the navi. sys. all I want but the one on the dash is always different and never changes.I can't set it at all.Please help.
    Thanks,Kevin
  • scottm123scottm123 Posts: 1,501
    I know the posts are 5 months old... but why are Acura Nav screens cracking?
    Is it a coincidence that two people have a cracked screen, or is this an issue I'm not aware of.
    No cracks in our MDX yet, thankfully.
  • pmueller2pmueller2 Posts: 12
    Did you ever get an answer to your question? It's something I'm sure I would use regularly...I'm a meteorologist.

Pete
  • scottm123scottm123 Posts: 1,501
    Did you ever get an answer to your question? It's something I'm sure I would use regularly...I'm a meteorologist.

ROFL.... If that's true, shouldn't you already know ?!?!?!?! :blush:
  • nmsgnmsg Posts: 39
    hey lockgiants,
    did you ever find out how you can get the climate function displayed on the nav screen? i'm still trying to figure out my new tl as well. any information would be greatly appreciated.
  • nope. ill be heading to my dealer to change my oil pretty soon. ill run it by them. i also went through the manual and didnt see anything there either. ill keep an update if i find anything out