Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New 2005 Altima: Interior and other info

14567810»

Comments

• alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Torque steer, Torque Steer, Torque Steer.

Unless Nissans done something I dont know about...

I would probably rather give up a few tenths of a second, and get the 250hp/250 foot pound AWD Legacy GT w/ manual.

~alpha
  • lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,756
    $26,900 vs $26,400 unless I'm missing something. The Honda has traction control but otherwise the feature set is pretty similar.
  • bowke28bowke28 Posts: 2,185
    no, the $26900 altima doesnt have destination included. add SAB and TC, and the floormats, and your price is $28410.

the accord's $26400 sticker already has the destination in it.

also, the accord is marked up about $3000, and the altima only $2000. real world transaction prices are about $3000 apart.

i love my altimas, but i do agree that the accord is a much better value.
    For the Accord EX V6 non-NAV sedan, 26,400 does NOT include destination.

Check out carsdirect.com:
    The EX V6 Accord is $26,890 MSRP.

So its $26,890 vs. Altima 3.5SL at $28,410.

And if you want to throw the Camry in:
    comparably equipped Camry XLE V6: $28,785 (with a few extra features above the Altima and Accord, such as VSC).

or Camry SE V6: $27,753 (with spoiler, VSC, but lacking auto climate control and power passenger seat).

I think its interesting that both Toyota and Nissan now offer a top-line sporting version (the V6 SEs) AND a top-line lux version (the SLs and XLEs), but Honda competes sucessfully with just the EX V6 Accord.

I would have like to have seen Nissan add the option of a 3.5S model to the Altima for 2005, as that would have been an attractive alternative to the Camry LE V6, Accord LX V6, and for the few who were doing even more cross shopping, the Galant LS and Malibu LS.

~alpha
  • bowke28bowke28 Posts: 2,185
    good point about the 3.5s. i agree 100%. as a matter of fact, i suggested that very same thing about a year ago to the regional director.
  • tikijojotikijojo Posts: 4
    I just leased an '05 Altima 2.5S and I'm disappointed with the FM reception of the car. I live in a major metropolitan city and my last car's reception was fine.

Has any other owner of an '05 Altima come across this problem? If so, what action have you taken? I've heard this complaint before.

Thanks-Tikijojo
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Posts: 1,467
    I have the SAME problem.

I just bought my 05 and it has the worse radio reception I have heard in ANY car.

Still love that car though.
  • tikijojotikijojo Posts: 4
    I just picked up my 05 Altima from the dealer. They checked the radio and said they couldn't find a problem with a reception.
    However, they told me that enough owners complain about this problem, Nissan will take action and post at "Service Bulletin" to help fix the problem.
    Therefore, if you are experiencing this problem please either take your car to the dealer, or call Nissan directly, and open a complaint file with them.
    We all need to work together to try and remedy this problem.
  • rock44xrock44x Posts: 78
    alpha01 i think the Torque Steer of the altima is over stated a is no that big of a deal.

as for the Legacy GT 05, i sat in one at the NY auto show nice car but the back seat leg and foot room is tight.
    I dont think its overstated if its a problem that all major critics cite. On the contray, I think a concensus of opinion speaks to the issue that it is. Since the SE-R is even more torquey, we'll see.

The Legacy sedan at NYIAS had power front seats and the battery was switched off, with seat position at the back of the tracks. Something to keep in mind. That said, I dont drive from the rear.

~alpha
  • rock44xrock44x Posts: 78
    "Torque steer"
    A tendency for a car to turn in a particular direction when power is applied. Torque steer is common in front-drive cars because reaction forces created in the half-shafts can generate uneven steering forces in the front tires.

if "Torque steer" is such a big problem on the altima were is the recall and Consumer complaints, i have 02 altima SE 3.5 and yes you do get so Torque steer at 0-5 mph and you stomp on the gas hard you got to grip the steering wheel but that it. also the some other cars have Torque steer too, even some powerful rwd cars have it.

with the Legacy sedan 05 back seat there was no room to slide your feet under the front seat like in wrx were there was a gap between the seat and the floor, unlike in the Legacy this may be cause of the leather power seat but it was a real turn off.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,677
    to join other Altima enthusiasts in any one of the active discussions, like plain old Nissan Altima. If you want to find other conversation about the Altima, just use our handy-dandy search features at the left to locate active topics. Thanks!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

14567810»
This discussion has been closed.