Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New 2005 Altima: Interior and other info

Comments

• THey're already out? Whoa, that was quick, I didn't kno they were already even building. Usually on Nissannews it says first Altime etc. to roll off line, nothing like that there.
  • Over at Nissannews.com, the website stated that the 2005s would be out by mid-Feb.

I went back over to the dealer, now they have a 2.5S with Conv. Plus pkg, side sills, visor and other accessories.

Looked good too.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    We seem to be in sync today, in terms of post times. I still just dont understand how they can be at dealers without having announced pricing. Were there stickers on the cars you saw?

~alpha
  • Over at Nissannews.com, the website stated that the 2005s would be out by mid-Feb.

I went back over to the dealer, now they have a 2.5S with Conv. Plus pkg, side sills, visor and other accessories.

Looked good too.
  • According to Businesswire.com

2005 Altima

Altima 2.5 S M/T $19,050
                Altima 2.5 S A/T $19,550
                Altima 2.5 SL A/T $23,400
                Altima 3.5 SE M/T $23,100
                Altima 3.5 SE A/T $23,750
                Altima 3.5 SL $26,900

Destination $560

Convenience Package $1,680

Convenience Plus Package $2,500

Premium Convenience Package $3,300

Power Glass Sunroof $850

Sport Package $1,250

Sport Plus Package $2,600

Leather Package $3,000

Leather Sport Pkg $3,900

Side Airbags $500

ABS & Side Airbags Package $800

TCS & Side Airbags Package $800

Navigation Package $2,000

Navigation (includes W01 Leather
       Sport Pkg) $5,900

Splash Guards $120

16" Chrome Wheels $1,310

17" Chrome Wheels $1,360

Fog Lamps $290

Sunroof Wind Deflector $80

Protection Package $70

Carpeted Floor/Trunk Mat Set
      (5-Piece) $150

Side Sills and Rear Splash Guards $320
  • BTW, this info was found at Altimas.net. I didn't find this stuff.

The Convienence Pkgs are for the 2.5S models

The sunroof option is for the 2.5SL ONLY. 3.5SL has sunroof standard

The Sport pkg., Sport Plus pkg., Leather pkg, Leather Plus Pkg. are for the 3.5SE.

Navigation pkg that's $5900 is for the SE and includes all the options in the Leather Sport pkg.

Side Airbags ($500) or for the 2.5S ONLY

ABS and SAB pkg is for the 2.5S,2.5SL and 3.5SE

TCS and SAB pkg is for the 3.5SE and 3.5SL

Navigation pkg for $2000 is for the 2.5Sl and 3.5Sl

I hope I am not overdoing it.

Anyway, I look forward to driving a 2005 soon.
    Hopefully it will be on nissannews.com soon!
    ~alpha
  • What do you think will happen to the Maxima? I have a feeling this car is going to hurt Maxima sales.

P.S. A hybrid Tundra really. I read in TRUCK TREND magazine that the next Tundra will get a 5.8L DOHC gasoline engine rated at 360 Hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
  • ultimaultima Posts: 96
    Had to chime in one last time on the whole "Hybrid" thing...

One additional fly in the ointment is the "assumption" that the "average" will only be 32 mpg.

As I wrote previously I was told by an Acura fleet manager the new CL will get 40 mpg -- so we can't assume an SUV's mileage (the Toyota Highlander) will be the same as a sedan's.

Also, one interesting difference between the Hybrids is they get better CITY (i.e., stop & go driving) mileage than highway -- the opposite of traditional gas engines.

Also, I live in California where they force you to get "smog" tested every 2 years. Of course Hybrids will not require this, and I'm also "assuming" (because they run significantly cleaner) oil changes, filters, etc. will be fewer -- also adding to the savings.

As for the $7,000 price difference -- I doubt it. I could see a $2,000 or so price difference, but then taking "economies of scale" into consideration, as production increases, prices will decrease.

As to my "guess" that traditional gas engine vehicles will face greater depreciation -- I will stand by that as I see this industry going the way of the music industry when CDs took over (almost overnight) records. Why? Because it's in the auto makers best interests to do so... less EPA involvement, tax benefits, and I think someone else on this board stated they actually make higher profits on a "per car basis" with hybrids. Thus, if the auto makers embrace the technology and phase out traditional gas engines, existing traditional gas engine vehicles will lose value.

Moreover, unlike the "predictions" of 30 years ago, Hybrids are both on-the-road as we speak and more are coming from every major auto maker.

Hey... I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone here, I just believe if its in the auto makers' "financial" interests to go Hybrid, they will follow their wallets.

(:-D
    Excellent post, thank you.

Did you know that RJR makes a cigarette that shares your username? Just thought Id mention it. I guess it just shows the power of advertising, and growing up in a fully commercialized society, cause its the first thing I thought of when I saw your username. :)

~alpha
  • bmwdougbmwdoug Posts: 248
    Does anyone know if the navigation on the 2005 Altima will be voice activiated?
  • From what I have read, the Altima doesn't have voice activation. I could be wrong
  • ultimaultima Posts: 96
    That's funny... I checked out those "smokes" after reading your post -- those are some looooooooooooong cigarettes?!!

As to the "Ultima" username, it actually came from my girlfriend at the time I purchased my Altima. I had told her I was going to get one and I remember her saying, "Why... That's not exactly a 'classy' looking car??!" -- she had no idea Nissan had redesigned the Altima and was comparing it to her friend's mid 90's Altima.

Long story short, I took her with me to the dealer to pick it up and she gasped, "THAT'S AN ALTIMA?!! WOW... It's Beautiful ! ! !"

According to her, it was a mistake to continue calling the car an "Altima" because those having never seen the new redesign would not even consider one. She said, "Nissan should have called this car an 'Ultima', it's not even the same car anymore!" i.e., Ultimate + Altima = Ultima

So, that's where my Username came from...

Now, let's move on to where the Easter Bunny came from, shall we? OK, maybe not...

(:-D hee...hee...hee...
  • bowke28bowke28 Posts: 2,185
    when i sold hondas, i hated the altima, especially the interior. when i started selling nissans last year, i didnt like them much more. but nissan REALLY came through with the upgraded interior! i actually like the product i sell now! ;-)
  • It is AMAZING how much better the Altima is with that new interior.

The layout reminds me a lot of the Camry SE.

Even the basic 2.5S has a nice interior and is in some ways nicer than the LX. The EX verison of the Accord still beat the Altima overall in interior design/materials, but the Altima is at least on par with it this time.

I could have brought the Accord LONG ago, but I had faith in Nissan and I knew they would improve that car with time. It has happened, and I am ready to get one!

The Altima's use of chrome is much better and the interior has an integrated feel to it that was never present in the 2002-2004s. The materials have improved and the design is MUCH MUCH better than before.

The Exterior changes aren't bad either and the new grille actually looks better than the older one.
  • what a wonderful overhaul. i especially like the tasteful use of chrome around the shifter gate and around the gauges. bravo nissan for listening to your customers.
  • jrock65jrock65 Posts: 1,371
    The one interior area where the Altima trounces the Accord is around the shifter. The Altima shifter area is definitely best in class, while the Accord shift area is below some of the domestics.
  • The automatic shifter used in the new Accord is the same design that was used in the 1986 Accord.

No joke.
  • How can this be? Is this a misprint or what?? Isn't ABS a very important safety feature? then why is Nissan cheaping out on it, especially with the huge engine that comes with the V6??? Especially when you are shelling out $28,000? I think Nissan is the only company that doesn't make ABS standard with the V6!!
    Want ABS? Pay extra! (Especially lame on the $26,500 to start 3.5SL).

And forget Nissan's stability control, you cant even get it on the Alti.

That said, I am a Nissan fan, and overall do feel the 2005 freshening has solved many Altima issues, but clearly- not ALL of them.

~alpha
This discussion has been closed.