Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hybrid Honda Accord

Comments

• Wheeee! Just got done talking to my dealer and he said my 06 HAH is on the dock! When pressed, he couldn't tell me Japan or US,but it was just ready to go. He said in a 2 minute conversation with American Honda that the hold up is because of "certification". What certification I asked.
    Just certification, thats all. Booooo! What kind of story is this? I, along with Dart 66, just wish Honda would lift the veil and just tell us what is going on. The dealer says my car is ready, but he doesn't have a VIN, build date or anyother info. Come on Feb.! That's when I'm suppose to see my HAH. Funny, that Honda is using a 05 HAH in the Detroit Auto Show this year instead of a 06. Has anyone got a date to receive their HAH besides mid-Feb.?
  • Wow! Outstanding price for a 2005 HAH; almost half of MSRP. With the thousands you saved go to Tweeters and have them professionally upgrade you stereo and speakers.

The HAH is a very nice performance and very good mileage Honda Accord.

Double sixes,

MidCow

P.S.- I would have gotten a HAH, but I never learned to drive and automatic.
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    Below is the email I received from Honda today. This may be one of the reasons for the delay of delivery of the HAH '06 as Honda's been so busy with building their new cars and the constraint of available resources. I love the 5-door Honda. In my last survey with Honda I recommended Honda build a 5-door Accord hybrid.

"Life moves fast. You've got places to go and people to see. And so what if you want to bring a surfboard, shrubbery or a large, furry pet along for the ride?

That's why we built the Fit, an all-new 5-door from Honda that's small on the outside, yet amazingly roomy inside. With ingeniously maneuverable seats, the Fit is a versatile new vehicle that will transform the way you drive.

The Fit launches in the spring of 2006, but you can catch a sneak peek of this surprisingly quick marvel and sign up to receive more information today at fit.honda.com.

Visit the site.

Whether they're riding or driving, your friends will love the Fit, too. Tell them about it".

©2006 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. All information contained herein applies to U.S. vehicles only. Please see our Privacy Policy and Legal Terms and Conditions.

You have received this e-mail because you requested e-mail updates from Honda. To unsubscribe from future e-mails, please click: Unsubscribe.

American Honda Motor Co., Inc., Post Office Box 2206, 700 Van Ness Ave., Torrance, California 90501
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 29,022
    "Life moves fast

That letter sounds like they have no idea when the 2006 Accord Hybrid will see the light of day, if it ever does. I think they were so disappointed with the poor sales that they may just dump the HAH and stick with the HCH and bring the Accord out with their great diesel engine. Then I would have to consider buying a Honda. I wonder if the Fit will be the flop the Element has turned into.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,728
    Why not peek into the Fit discussion and see all the interest this little car is arousing?
  • The Fit is a small car replacement for the Civic, because now the Civic is the size the Accord used to be. It's kind of like your kids growing up with hand-me-down clothes.

Cheers,

MidCow
  • I think that it's possible for Honda to make more than one car line. Just because the Fit may be coming into play, that should not be a reason for the 06 HAH not to be built. Funny, metro Detroit dealers are still saying whatever pops into their heads as to why the delay for the HAH. The question again is: has ANYONE got a firm date for when their HAH may be delivered?
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    The question again is: has ANYONE got a firm date for when their HAH may be delivered?
    Like a fine wine, it won't be delievered until its time. :shades:
  • My question keeps coming back: does anyone know the real reason for the delay? Every dealer that I have talked to gives different dates and answers, even the dealer that I have my deposit with...
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    While you guys keep asking that same (HAH delivery) question again and again I just sit back, relax and enjoy my "rocket HAH" on the street. After a long work day when I get out I "zooooooooom".

One thing: On slow moving during bumper-to-bumper traffic, the HAH engine works differently from the regular Accord, for sure. I guess during slow moving, the electric and the gas engines take turn to pull the car forward. I noticed it today. The Fit is too small to me.
  • samiam_68samiam_68 Posts: 775
    I think the reason the 2006 HAH will be canned is the 2007 Camry Hybrid out this spring. I doubt anyone will buy a HAH over this:

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/index.html?s_van=http://www.toyota.com/new- camry&ref=
  • Okay so the 2006 HAH is delayed. None of the folllowing is true:

The HAH is delayed because of the FIT. The FIT has nothing to do with the HAH. The only person who would say something like that is a unethical bait and switch car salesman.

samiam_68 said: "I think the reason the 2006 HAH will be canned is the 2007 Camry Hybrid out this spring." That is incorrect FUD also. The cars are targeted at two completley different demographic groups: one for a traditional sedan with perfomance and better that average milage 37. And the second for high mileage 43 traditional sedan with emphasis on mileage and performance equivalent to a 4 cylinder. While the new Camry will have a much better performance model than the current Toyota Turtle Hybrid "go before", it will still be pretty lackluster.

Why is the 2006 HAH delayed? Who knows? But the answers are not the Honda Fit or the 2007 Hybrid Camry.

And to top it off you have a 2005 HAH rubbing it in that you don't have your 2006 HAHs while he is driving around in his.

YMMV,

MidCow

P.S.- I like the performance of the HAH, but I never have learned to drive an automatic.
  • "Why is the 2006 HAH delayed? Who knows? But the answers are not the Honda Fit or the 2007 Hybrid Camry.
    And to top it off you have a 2005 HAH rubbing it in that you don't have your 2006 HAHs while he is driving around in his."

Thanks MidCow, my thoughts exactly. It's a new week and all of the Hybrid news at the Detroit Auto show is abuzz for everybody but Honda's. Is that maybe because they don't have much to show but a 2005 HAH and offering zero information on the '06? They act like the Wizard of Oz with a dont'-look-behind-the-curtain-if-you-want-a-HAH-here
    -it-is, but it's a '05.
    I know, just wait for your '06 and relax, but I have had a deposit since October (that my dealer gladly took), so I don't think that asking for some or any information is off base.
  • jonbobjonbob Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 HAH on order and am not getting straight answers from the dealer. They claim having spoken to the zone manager and indicate that the delivery is pushed back but no firm delivery date. I finally contacted a friend in Japan who knows a management type at Honda auto. He claims the following: Deliveries will start in Mid March. I believe transport to the west coast is approx. 2 weeks. Additionally, there appears to be a concern involving the EPA. Nothing specific except that the 2006 is being retested. The source indicates that Honda is making additional changes to the 2006 but declined to offer specifics. I hope this hope you plan more effectively. It is a shame to recieve a 2006 HAH in mid season.
  • ...not 2006!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,893
    This discussion originated when the HAH was a "future vehicle", so it's probably time to retitle it to make it simply the Honda Hybrid Accord discussion.

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Which of the following best describes why you own a hybrid?

a) to make a statement

b) for the tax credit and other perks

c) because they’re environmentally friendly

d) to save money at the pump

e) to be the first to own new technology

Please submit a few sentences to support your response no later than Friday, January 27, 2006. Be sure to include your Forums username. Thanks! (wclarke@edmunds.com)

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• s2khahs2khah Posts: 26
    I bought my HAH, in part, for reasons b and d but you missed a few others good selections.

f) Honda's excellent reliability and value record

g) HAH's combination of very high performance with impressive fuel economy

h) both fun and thrifty to drive

i) Honda's integration of an electrical drive system and engine fuel use management technical advances with no compromise of drive-ability and comfort

j) "not" for the marginally satisfactory NAV system (Toyotas is 300% better, IMO)

k) "not" for the confusing and ergonomic-less NAV, climate, audio controls

l) because I don't mind being stuck with Hondas limited, uninspired, almost nerdy color selections (you see, I also own an S2000)

I realize you only want "Hybrid" related answers, but I feel that those of us who buy an Accord Hybrid are looking for more than just the Hybrid benefits.

Sincerely, S2KHAH.
    "not" for the marginally satisfactory NAV system (Toyotas is 300% better, IMO)

Now I am confused. I thought from reading the posts here that the Honda/Acura NAV system was superior to the Toyota/Lexus. I see many complaints on the Toyota NAV. I have looked at aftermarket ones and the Pioneer seems to have a good rep. I have set up my two year old Dell laptop for NAV use. Have not tested it on the road yet.
  • Most people think the Honda/Acura NAV is better. I have the Honda NAV and it is excellent. Also have a Garmin and it is excellent also. I think that the "300% better" is only s2khah's personal opinion. The Toyota is good or very good, probably on par with the Honda/Acura. I doubt that it is 300% better. Must be a feature or two of the Honda/Acura NAV implementation that s2khah does not like; I think he alluded to not liking the integrated HVAC controls.

Did not get a hybrid becuase:

a) they really don't save money
    b) they only come in funky colors
    c) they don't have manual transmission
    d) many are so underpowered as to not be safe

cheers,

MidCow
  • Did not get a hybrid becuase:

a) they really don't save money
    b) they only come in funky colors
    c) they don't have manual transmission
    d) many are so underpowered as to not be safe

cheers,

MidCow

Do we want to point out just how uninformed MidCow is, or do we prefer to let him remain ignornant? :P
  • s2khahs2khah Posts: 26
    I feel a minor clarification is due here, on two points.

HAH Nav: a)My experience with the NAV is marginal but I know a friend's Prius automatically shows at least 3 routes to where you are going and will show 3 more routes if you don't like those. With the HAH you just get one route and it takes about a half dozen button pushes (while you are moving) to see a only a second "No Toll Road" option, and so on and so on.
    b)My HAH Nav has missed roads (roads that have been there for 5 or more years) and has gotten me partially lost about 20% of the time (recovery was usually manual map manipulation).
    c)And YOU to try to hit the "Enter" button while driving at speed because you are now late.
    d)I am assuming that others systems must be better. If not, I apologize.

Integrated Controls: I must say I have not seen a much more confusing (and less intuitive) set of buttons in the center of a car. The Audio and Nav controls should be separate and distinct and not look alike or use the same screen. However for the sake of "eye candy" a lot of manufacturers seem to do this (looks vs function). I don't want to be flying at 70+ mph (on a typically rough interstate) trying to figure out how to adjust the stereo by poking on a screen, even if I miraculously got to the right screen by randomly selecting the lineup of buttons.

Honda can do a lot here, like copy the dashboard from my S2000. The ultimate and, perfect for driving, minimum set of controls.
  • I, too, have been waiting for a 2006 HAH since october and have been told each month that it will arriving. I was just told by my dealer that my car is in my state, but is not being released because Honda has a huge inventory of 2005 HAH's, and they want their inventory to go down before releasing the 2006's. My dealer has six 2005 HAH's on the lot. I am really frustrated and about ready to ask for my deposit back. My wife got a 2006 civic hybrid, and it is really an amazing machine! I am hopeful the accord will be as amazing. If I have to wait much longer though, I am giving up on honda. I don't know who to believe anymore, but it is definitely not the dealer.
  • I just took a look at http://automobiles.honda.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=Accord+Hybrid and it now shows the 2006 HAH, finally. Looks like the gas mileage has gone down, it is now 25 / 34. Starting MSRP is $30,900.00
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    Wow! It must have been updated this evening since earlier today the 2005 Hybrid Accord was STILL on the site.
    Thanks for the update.
    I like the looks much better this year. The rear end is MUCH improved....
  • nowakj66nowakj66 Posts: 709
    Is the drop in mileage between the years attributable to a change in how the EPA calculates mileage now or some difference between the cars?

I own a 2005 and 25 city and 34 hwy is closer to what I actually get than 29 city and 37 hwy (the 2005 rating, I believe).
  • chaitschaits Posts: 3
    Hi, I am thinking about buying an Insight in a few months time, and wanted to get your thoughts about this car...

While I read many of its pros, I wonder what are the cons... As such, what are the disadvantages of Hybrid vehicles?

Also, how reliable/trustworthy is Honda when it comes to the maintenance? I ask, coz I had a Sony Camera under warranty, but Sony asked for $120 as labour charges to fix issues when they arose. One of the advantages of buying a first hand car, for me, is because of the 60K warranty. Is that without catches?

Thanks!
    Be sure to join the Eagle One team in a live chat event tonight to find out how nanotechnology is changing the future in car appearance products.

The chat gets underway at 9PM ET/6PM PT.

There's also going to be a special offer available only to those attending the chat, so don't miss this one.

Eagle One Team Chat

Hope to see you there!

• Since Honda has downgraded the Mileage on the 06 Honda Accord Hybrid (HAH), it is actually worse than the mileage for the '06 4-cyl accord

Model-City-HGWY--MSRP
    V6-----20---29----27,300
    4cyl---26---34----22,450 (EX)
    Hybrd-25---34----30,999

I get 25 mpg city in my '03 accord (4cyl)

I am not sure why I should buy an accord hybrid anymore. Have we all been duped? :confuse: