Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will there be a new Dodge Intrepid?

2»

Comments

• merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    I knew it! There is no way they would cancel the Intrepid and replace it with a wagon only. Made no sense. Look for the Charger at New York and on sale before the end of the year.

M
  • tomcat630tomcat630 Posts: 854
    "I considered the Galant to be a big step down, at least comparing the base models of each that I've driven. The Galant looked nice at a quick glance, but in driving it just felt cheap, unrefined, and cramped."

The next generation Stratus will be Galant based, but on the all new 2004 version, which is as big as a new Altima. Not the old ones that the above poster remembers.
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 22,139
    Miss my second paragraph, did ya? One more time, word for word...

"It looks like Mitsubishi deserves some praise though, for the new '04 Galant. I don't care for the styling, but overall it seems to be a better, roomier, more substantial car. Maybe it won't be *too* bad, having the new Stratus/Sebring based on that platform. I just hope they still offer a convertible!"
  • Jason5Jason5 Posts: 440
    As I recall there may be one of two "reveals" at the New York Auto Show. Either the Dodge sedan based on the 300C/Magnum chassis OR the new Grand Cherokee based on the new Durango platform..
  • svevarsvevar Posts: 160
    I'm almost positive the new Grand Cherokee will debut at the NY show, especially since it's supposed to go on sale by year's end. In fact, I think there's a good chance both the Jeep and a full-sized Dodge sedan (Charger?) will be unveiled.

-- Mark
  • setzersetzer Posts: 127
    I hope the Dodge fullsize sedan will be something better looking than the 300. Something more sportier, like the current Intrepid.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    For those who remember the Charger show car of a few years ago, it was very "NASCAR-friendly" in its design. Because there was a short run of 04 Intrepids, Dodge is safe with those in NASCAR for a couple of years until the new Charger is released. Dodge was not about to re-enter racing with the big splash they did and bail out just as quickly with nothing to replace the Intrepid on the speedways.

I would also imagine public safety departments have been clamoring for a rear-wheel sedan with V8 power other than the Crown Vic so that they don't feel handcuffed (pun intended) by the lack of competition in that market. Ford reportedly will phase the CV out in favor of the FiveHun, but it is supposed to remain a fleet (police/taxi) vehicle for the immediate future.

This new sedan will generate plenty of interest from many directions.

kcram
    Host
    Smart Shopper and FWI Message Boards
  • johnclineiijohnclineii Posts: 2,287
    Just a minute there. The Crown Vic may be being phased out (as far as sales to John and JoAnn Q. Public), but make no mistake about it, the Grand Marquis will be around for the foreseeable future. Just thought that needed to be said! :)
  • Jason5Jason5 Posts: 440
    Just a question for those of us who enjoy "lot browsing". Anyone seeing Intrepid SXT and ES models on your local Dodge dealer lots? I stopped by a local 5 Star Dealer and browsed a bit. Had some conversation about the arrival of the Magnum (late April and early May) but was surprised to find only Intrepid SE's on the lot. All the 2004 ES and SXT models gone?
  • mike372mike372 Posts: 354
    ended production of all Intrepids last August, and there were not many SXT's to begin with, I am not surprised that there are none on dealers lots. Back a year ago, when I bought my SE, I drove to many Dodge dealers in search of a used Trep, and none of them had many SXT's. With the exception of Reedman in PA, there were almost none. I dont know about the ES's because at the time I was not interested in an ES. A year ago, the local Dodge dealer only had one SXT and three or four SE's. But, in all fairness, the local dealer is BIG with the trucks anyway. Thats where the demand and big profits are. The dealer where I bought mine, Branford Dodge in CT, said that if they made the same profit with all vehicles, they would close their doors. They, too, had many Dodge trucks.
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 22,139
    in December, when I was having that problem with my oil lite, they had a good mix of Intrepid SE's and SXT's. I think there was an ES on the lot, as well. They had this one SXT, in inferno red and with a sunroof, marked down to about $22.5K. Pretty tempting.

I'd say they had about 8-10 Intrepids, total.
2»
This discussion has been closed.