Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Aveo Hatchback

Comments

• poncho167poncho167 Posts: 1,178
    I have seen several Aveo's this past week. One five door was in Aqua, and the other was in the bright blue metallic, very sharp color. I would like to see a five door in that pastel blue color.
  • nordricnordric Posts: 1
    I have a pastel blue 5door hatch its a SVM model check out my cardomain site for photo's if ya wanna see what it looks like.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852615
    The pastel blue looks sharp. The wheels look very good with this car, what size are they? With a stock suspension, how large of tires and wheels will this car take. Would 15" 60/205 size fit. Are you going to swap your original wheels on in the winter, or are you in a snow free state.

I see Chevy has finally released body side molding for the Aveo. I would probably install the molding; too bad it doesn't come body color or transparent.
  • randydriverrandydriver Posts: 262
    I was wondering if they will have a sport package on the Aveo? They use to do it on lots of small cars.....sigh. The hatch would be a good car for it.
  • bloblo Posts: 1
    My Aveo is the biggest piece of hud. My wife bought it in october 04, it has been in the shop three times with electrical problems since we have had it. and it goes back tommorrow
    1st time Faulty radio with a nasty gremlin. It would turn on and off at will. Fade in and out. It was possessed. Must have been from KIRBY Vaccuums.
    2nd time dome light that was shorting, electric shock when getting out of the car, leaky A/C system feeding back into the passenger side foot area, wind shield wiper arm assembly,
    3rd time all the porblems from second time. So they say the had "Fixed the Aveo the second time" We had dome light problems that didnt get fixed til we said we are staying til it is done. We had to watch the guy to make sure he did it.
    tommorrow Still getting the crap shocked out of us, carpets are mildewed because of the A/C leak and the new radio has started to act slightly possessed. Reccomend DO NOT BUY AN AVEO!!!!!
    Factory told us we are using the wrong fabric softner for the shocking problem.
    Sounds like you are having a round of bad luck with your car. My car has had not one problem.......I have always gotten shocked getting out of cars, that is an ongoing family joke.

Have you checked to see if they will trade it for another car? They should ,,,,I dont care who makes the car every maker has lemons.

Good luck ...and sorry about your experience.....
    Sorry about your problems. Hopefully they can get it repaired correctly this next time. It sounds like you got that one in a thousand defective cars.
  • rsmith1rsmith1 Posts: 9
    Has anyone noticed how lousy the Aveo Sun Visors are when turned to the side when the Sun in shining in the early morning hours. They are not long enough or they need the extensions like other cars have. It is something that Chevrolet needs to add to make early morning driving safer.
  • muffin_manmuffin_man Posts: 865
    Got our automatic Aveo up to 36.6 mpg this weekend, cruising mostly at 75mph. (it's an automatic) Took delivery with a bad radio, but since it was replaced, the car has been flawless. 6 or 7 months old and about 9000 miles on it.
  • Best to keep all your repair records and if the repairs continue you can try using the lemon laws in your particular state.Hope they make the right repairs and things get better.
  • chrisducatichrisducati Posts: 394
    One of the car magazines, C&D or MT ,can't remember which shows the rear of the restyled Aveo 4 door sedan. It said that it would be assembled in China for U.S. sale.. Has anyone seen what the Hatch will look like? I could care less what the sedan looks like. I also read in a european magazine that GM has been working on its Daewoo engines. The ones they use in the Mantz have been totally updated. Gas mileage has jumped over five mpg. Here is hoping that they update the 1.6 we get here. In the UK it is rated at 110 hp. Ours is what? 103.

Someone posted about electric shock... static shock. I had a Neon that zapped the crap out of anyone getting out. Blue flash shock. It has something to do with the seat material. Body movement on the seat was like rubbing your feet on carpet. ZAP.
    I used spray static remover for cloths... It helped a lot...stinks..but a lot less painful. :D
  • Yes I just bought my Key Lime 2005 Sunday. Really great color. I have seen a several lime green cars but not the same shade as mine. I will try to get some pictures of it soon. Once again I love the color.

As far as that goes I love the whole car. It is great going around the mountains where I live. The car really holds curves great. The way I see it is if it can hang in there with me driving around in it this will be a great car for anyone else. ;)
  • was that a 2005 or 2004 that seems a little high. In TN where I bought my 2005 it was 10404.00 but after taxes and stuff back up to 11 :confuse:
  • sparxxxsparxxx Posts: 14
    Cool, I've been looking for some key lime aveos' around here (North Carolina) but so far haven't seen any. Just curious, what trim level did you buy? Also, did you get auto or 5 speed, and how is the acceleration?

thanks
  • tventtvent Posts: 17
    I am picking up my new Aveo tomorrow, my first new car. What are the main things I should check for before I drive the care off the lot? know of any good on-line sources for new car check-in, care?
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,695
    tvent?

Check your clock and watch it's timeliness. You seem to have about a 75% chance of your clock malfunctioning. Other than that you should be fine.

BTW-that's a small price to pay for all of the great value you just bought in your Aveo. Daewoo has done theirselves proud on this one, dudes.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• csandstecsandste Posts: 1,866
    is about the only Korean car you can find anywhere near Pierre. Given any thought to buying one of those rather than a Scion Kia or Hyundai when the Sportage gets to the end of the line?
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,695
    funny you should inquire on that! Probably since I do disclose often on Edmunds my likes and dislikes (like most of us regulars here do) in new cars and just what might fit into our life.

Besides our '01 Sportage 4x4 I have seen two or three other Sportage's around here and even one model like mine for sale in a local lot. South Dakota, like Missouri, is definitely GM territory. Lots of big pick-em-up trucks and SUV's. Ford pick-em-ups are popular here as well.

I have considered an Aveo but am leaning towards an xA, Spectra5 or new world order Kia Sportage next. I continue to be impressed by my '01 Sportage, though. Kia was stamping them out right in that last era of Sportage's, they done it well, dudes.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• chrisducatichrisducati Posts: 394
    You want to know why GM USA is sinking...It is because all the smart cookies are in Europe! You all probably remember that I posted a thread on the 3 door Aveo/Kalos that Chevy sells in Europe. Well now I read not only are they getting the 3 door but they are getting a 140 hp 2.0L 4 cylinder!! What gives. So they have the diesel, the 1.2 and the 1.4 ,1.6 and now a 2.0 to choose from. The photo that was shown had the car with black leather interior with red inserts in the seats. Very sharp. We are stuck with tupperware gray. :mad:
    I know how you feel. One time I heard a G.M. head honcho say the reason we dont get choice on the engines on the smaller cars is because Americans dont want choices.......What a load of b.........I might have wanted the 1.4 or a diesel or a choice of interior colors like we use to get. What world do these Bozo's live in.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    Your post and question has been moved to a new discussion Chevy Aveo Modifications in our Speed Shop: Tuning & Modification board.
    I picked up my new Aveo a few days ago. The only thing that I have noticed is that sometimes when I am cruising at 60 or so, I feel like the motor is not running "totally" smooth. It seems like I feel a noise/vibration in the seat, not a "bad" or excessive noise/vibration and I am not sure if it is anything at all. It does not get worse at higher speeds, but I do not notice it when I am accelerating or going 30. I have noticed it on different stretches of pavement. It is almost as if there is a sequence of high low high low frequency vibrations being made by the car which are very very subtle. Unless I am listening/feeling for it, I do not notice it. I am almost sure someone else that drives the car for the first time would not notice, at least right away, unless I point it out. Is this just how the motor runs?
  • parky129parky129 Posts: 50
    I have had my Aveo since Nov 04 and have over 10,000 mi on it, occasionally I notice road surface induced feedback in the form of an unusual vibration if you will call it that. But it is occasional and only on different roads, I notice the same feel when I again go over the same streach of road. The car is a light small car and you can expect to feel things from road surface differently than in a more road isolated vehicle. Overall the car is a gem, had no problems with it since purchase except for a tire bulge warrantied by manufacturer. Unlike other new vehicles that spent more time in the dealer than in my driveway.
  • I purchased an Aveo LT Hatchback in mid-March. So far the car has been pretty good but lately I have some serious quality concerns. I to have experienced the clock issue which is not a big deal. What is a big deal is the dealership has had the car for 3 days now because it needs a new valve cover gasket and A.C. compressor. The car only has 6000 miles on it and it's driven mostly on the freeway. This is pretty serious in my opinion due to the fact that it has never been driven hard and has synthetic oil in the engine(my choice). If this is happening this soon with such a low mileage what will happen after the warranty expires?
    I would advise all on this forum to check UNDER the big plastic shroud on the engine for oil sludge build up. I haven't seen a gasket give out this soon since the early 80's when production quality was much lower on cars. The AC compressor issue is odd also. It started making a loud whirring noise when I ran it in 90 degree heat. Like the internal bearings got cooked. I thought that's why you had AC in your car. It's not like I ran it for 8 hours straight in stop and go, only about a half hour. Lastly, I have never owned a car that the brakes squeeked so much on in my life. Maybe it's the brake pad material itself installed at the factory. I will give updates on the repairs. I have read these forums for a while now and this is my first post. I'm starting to think that this is why GM is treating the Aveo like a "red-headed step child".
    After reading your concerns I went to look at my car. I bought it about the 17th for march and have got close to 6000 mile on it myself and use the air alot now that summer has hit.
    No oil is to be seen....thats good, and still no clock problem....but my compressor does roar alittle so I think I will have that checked.... Brakes are fine.
    Thanks for bringing that to our attention..
    There are alot of other new cars out there with more problems....
  • dkuhajdadkuhajda Posts: 487
    Just FYI, you might have caused the oil leak by switching to synthetic too soon.
    Synthetic has a tendency to leak through new seals and then they will not form and seat properly. My mechanic recommends waiting until at least the third oil change at 12K before switching to synthetic.

Ask the shop about the ac compressor, and make sure a rock did not hit and cause a slow leak up front.
    i've thought that running the same oil would be best also. but do you really think running synthetic would cause such a problem? what's the difference?