Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Aveo Hatchback

Comments

• pbolpbol Posts: 15
    I know They are on forums pushing other products,and not just this forum,It can be any forum related to items.And to say it would be stupid for the saleman to do this,Not really,If they can degrade a car or any product on here saying it has to many problems,that would drive you to look at something else,Dont believe dealers or salesman,They will lie to their own grand mother to sell a car !
  • flaaveoflaaveo Posts: 161
    Well considering the current 5 door hatchback, and even the sedan, is already sold all over the world, and GM owns the Opel car company already,...and brought over an Opel for Cadillac for a few years as a small luxury car, the 'little Caddy' that was out for a few years in the early 2000's. Bringing THIS car here is easy for them to do. Thats why they brought the 'Kalos' here and slapped on the Aveo name on it. It's known by all sorts of names all over the world. That one looks alot like the Honda Fit. I'd trade mine in on it. IF it really got better mileage. Wonder if they will manage to get REAL 30mpg out of this model??
  • andy_handy_h Posts: 49
    I bought a good digital tire pressure indicator and got my Aveo exactly down to the manufacture's recommendation. I notice my mpg and handling improve a little. This will also improve the life of the tires. Just a small advice.
  • rustywprustywp Posts: 3
    Hey, I have an Aveo 2006 and the hatch broke in Columbus last month on a Wednesday in the afternoon (I live in Dayton, 80 miles from Columbus). Today, I was at the very same location in Columbus, and the hatch broke again! So, as long as I don't try to open the hatch on a Wednesday in Columbus...LOL!
    Do you need to know how to get it fixed right? Or are you just commenting on an old posting of mine,and how yours is now acting like mine use to..till the dealer finally fixed it right after like 6 tries!? :confuse:
  • grace4evergrace4ever Posts: 30
    I just purchased an AVEO as well and owned a Geo Metro just like you. I loved my metro and it was also trouble free. It was a 97 2-dr hatchback 4cyl lsi and has 83,500. Hate to sell it but don't need TWO small cars! Hope I have as good luck with the AVEO.
  • grace4evergrace4ever Posts: 30
    Help! what is the correct tire pressure?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,877
    grace4ever, you've posted this question in several places. I don't know what the correct pressure is, but in this post:
    pf_flyer, "Chevrolet Aveo Tires/Wheels" #7, 17 Jul 2007 11:54 am
    I've pointed out where you should be able to find it.

Your car is a 2007, there SHOULD be a label, either on the door itself, or in the door frame on the driver's side of the car. That label also has information on the proper size tires that the vehicle should use.If it's not there, for whatever reason, a call to your dealer will solve the mystery.

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• poncho167poncho167 Posts: 1,178
    I saw on another site that the Aveo 5 door will get the same front end of the sedan, along with the sedans interior. The tail-lights also will be changed, but it appears the rest of the car is the same.
  • aladdinsanealaddinsane Posts: 182
    Hi Poncho...

What site did you see these changes for the 5 door? I'd like to check it out.

Please inform. I'd sure appreciate it! ;)

Many thanx...

Peace- :D

AladdinSane<--- :shades:
    I saw it on autob--g. Edmunds doesn't want other sites listed. Let me know if you can't figure it out. If you find the site, just type the Aveo information in the search engine.
    Here is another site where I should be able to post this info being they have no forum. The pictures are in disguise.

http://thecarblogger.blogspot.com/2007/07/spied-2008-chevrolet-aveo5-caught.html- -
  • aladdinsanealaddinsane Posts: 182
    Hi poncho...

Thanx 4 the info! I appreciate it!! I dug the 4-1-1 with the new 5, and I hope Chevy improves on it soon. What did U think of the "facelift"...?

Chevy could have a real winner with the AVEO line if it only turned on to certain details that peeps want for this little critter of a machine, to keep it more of a competitor for the Fit, Yaris, etc, in the B class. Chevy: WAKE UP!

Peace<-AladdinSane-- :shades:
    It was kind of strange that they chose to not do them at the same time. Though the styling is still very European from which it was styled in Italy, because of the new competing models it was do for some updates. It looks better but im not sure why they didn't refresh the whole car, and why don't they bring the 3-door hatch here as well. The engine in one configuration or another has been around since the 1980's. I had this engine in a different form in my 1988 Pontiac Lemans (Daewoo). They should work on getting a few more mpg out of it. In a sub-compact shoot-out that I saw on MotorWeek TV this past spring, only the Nissan Versa had lower overall mileage during the test.
    Tire Pressure is recommended as 30 PSI for all. You can increase your front tires to 31.
  • Hi Rober4380, the Suzuki Forenza is a rebadged GMDAT (GM Daewoo Auto-Tech Korea) car sold thru Suzuki USA as a limited partnership agreement with GM. So if you decide on the Forenza you will still be supporting GMDAT with your $$. Also, I think you should compare the upcoming new 2008 AVEO HB to the Forenza and the new AVEO sedan before deciding. I think you'll change your tune - the AVEO is a far better car than the Forenza which is simply an old Daewoo car that hasn't been updated for years and years.
  • I have my tires at 36 PSI and found an increase in fuel economy. :shades:
    Wow, 36 PSI. If you read the side of the tires, 36 is really not out of spec. But, 36 is kind of hard on the ride and my back. 36 would definetly increase fuel economy.
    Like I have said in several posts. I have mine at 34-36psi as well, to get that 1-2 extra mpg! And to get a more 'German car' feel of a ride,and it feels like your driving...not just pulling the car along behind you. In my opinion. And anything to get more mpg! Geez!! The things we have to do! At 30-32 psi, it is like riding with 4 flats...to me. And the mileage drops real fast at the low 30's. But it gives you a softer and quieter ride. But I would rather get the mileage...if the darn thing would get 30+ mpg in the city, I would drop it to the low 30's.
    Here is a look of the new 2008 Aveo hatchback. It has a change in the front and will have sedan interior.
    http://www.geocities.com/auto_world_blog/
    I have seen it a couple times before. I don't understand why they don't do the whole car like the 4-door. They only did the front, back, and interior.
    The Aveo5 was and is a big hit for GM. That's why they did not want to tamper with it. Well, I can say I like my 2006 Aveo way over this 2008 one. What do you guys think?
    My 2006 hatchback with the charcoal seats with the blue threads running through it...has now ripped 2 times in the same place, at the upper part on the right side where the back of the cover meets the side of the seat where my shoulder would hit...IF I were that tall. My shoulder doesn't even hit it...but so far they have replaced the cover 1 time, and now yesterday I see it is ripping again right at the seam in the same spot as the first time. It is ripping at the seam. So it is not ME ripping it or cutting the fabric, it is the seam pulling apart...and at a place where there is no weight at all!

I cant belive how cheap this seat is. Has anyone else had this problem with their drivers seat?
    They are ordering another cover of course,but the 'trim manager' said that IF it rips again...they will 'sow it back together...THAT would be stronger than the factory seam'! And that 'it is such a bi--h to get that cover on the seat frame'! His words not mine. I said then why dont you just sow this seam back if that will be stronger? No reply! So far I have told them that the bottom seat cushion has been sinking since 2 months after I bought it..they didnt care. Then it ripped at the seam, now it is ripping again in the exact same place, and they won't sow it...even though THEY say it would be a stronger seam...and won't give me a reason why.I think the seat is defective...from the factory.

I am NOT a 400lb person bouncing up and down on the seat. I have dialed the seat up as high as possible with that dial on the side. And I now have 2 big towels folded and sitting on them to fill in the 'hole' I am sitting in!
    Anyone else having such problems with their CAR seat? :confuse:
    I wonder who makes these seats for them, and what other manufactures are using this brand as well?
  • No i've not had any problems with anything in my 2007 aveo sedan. :)
  • No, I have not any trouble like that with my 2007 Aveo hatchback.
  • I gave up my 97 metro hatchback for a 2007 Aveo Hatchback. I LOVED THAT METRO - IT WAS THE GREATEST, but my husband decided i needed something better. It took me a while, but I finally warmed up to my Aveo Hatchback and it is a wonderful car. It is fun to drive, gets good gas mileage (not as good as the Metro, though) and handles really well. From one Metro owner to another - I think you'd like the Aveo. I still haven't had the heart to get rid of my 97 Geo Metro yet. Much to my husbands dismay, it's still sitting in our garage :)
    I have no such problem with my 2006 Aveo. I know a 300 pounds guy that had the same problem with his Toyota. So, he purchased a good seat cover and put it over his driver seat. He also added a seat cushion. His problem was solved.
    Well thankfully I'm not that heavy, and since our front seats have side impact airbags,you can't put seat covers on them,or the airbags won't deploy in an accident. And a car seat should be able to hold even a 300 lb person. It might rip over time for someone that heavy,..but this is 2 times in 15 months...and the first time it ripped was at less than 1 year.

AND as I have mentioned, the seat cushion has been going soft since 2 months after I bought the car. And have complained about that to GM ever since,thinking that might be why it is ripping on the back cover. They are FINALLY offering to add foam padding to the bottom seat this time.