Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Touareg Prices Paid and Buying Experience

18910111214»

Comments

• I am in the market for a 2009 Touareg 2. The base model will do the job. I was wondering what price I should be looking at? I know there is a $5000 dealer cash until 01/04. So will anything below 31k realistic?

Thank in advance!
  • Finally purchased my 2009 Touareg.
    MSRP:$40344
    Sell price:$31000 plus ttl
    0 Down, 60 mo, 0% apr.
    Looks like a perfect deal for me.
  • roverguy76roverguy76 Posts: 13
    Gold Exterior/Black Interior, Lux package. MSRP is $43,239 and the selling price is $32,000. If you add on the sales tax, tags and registration the out the door price is @$34,589. Based on a A plus rating and a interest rate of 5% payment for 60 months would be around $615. per month.

The price doesn't sound bad, the interest rate does. Regardless, what do you guys think? Can I go lower given the 2010s are sitting around, and the 2011s are on the way? Any 0% interest rates available? This is in Southern New Jersey, BTW. Thanks in advance.
  • terminusterminus Posts: 2
    I guess it's hard to compare what the dealer is offering me right now...
  • jello71jello71 Posts: 3
    Looking at a tdi now - what model were you considering and what kind of pricing did you get? they aren't budging on the tdi.
  • myteedavemyteedave Posts: 2
    Hi jello71. Curious to hear what kind of price you ended up with, and if you bought. I'm looking at the TDI myself.
  • jello71jello71 Posts: 3
    Hey, I ended up doing pretty well on trade in but they only moved about $1k on the list price of the Tdi sport. When 8 did a search on cars.com with all areas, you can see a dealer on the east cost offering the LuX models for less than the sport MSRP, have you gotten anywhere with the pricing by you?
  • myteedavemyteedave Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply. I found *some* flexibility in the price, to the tune of somewhere between $2K on the tdi. I don't have a trade-in, just a straight up purchase (pre-approved financing + cash), so it's a simple formula. I haven't pushed very hard yet as I'm also looking at the MDX. From True Value.com it doesn't appear that there is much flexibility in either of the models. (But you CAN get a Nissan Armada at 25% off! Too bad it's a tank. :) I need to figure something out quickly though- sharing a car with my wife is getting old fast. Thanks for the tip on cars.com!
  • pnavpnav Posts: 2
    Cheapest I've seen is 2 percent under invoice from Langharne VW near Philly. I'm in Chicago and got then to about 1/2 percent under invoice. With the 3500 incentive on leases - the Treg is a good deal.
  • Hello All,
    About to purchase a 2011 TDI Lux.
    Cash for Oct was 1500.
    Any idea if this has changed for Nov 1?
    thanks!
  • I just visited the local dealer last weekend. The price they offered was invoice price + 0% APR for 2012 model. The invoice for V6 LUX is a little over $46,000. Is this a good price?
  • I am currently chosing between 2012 Touareg TDI and Acura MDX. While there is a fairly lively discussions about MDX prices, I don't see much going on regarding Touareg prices. Anyone purchased 2012 TDI w/Nav lately? What are the deals here?
  • Just picked up my Touareg Lux from Fairfax, VA. MSRP $50,780, didn't even have floor mats for a 50k car, but there's not many Touareg Lux in the DC area, so I had to go for it.

worked out to be:
    $41,900 Price
    $875 Freight
    $400 Processing (What BS, but i didn't want to negotiate no more)
    + TTL
    total was $46,700 OTD that's including 6% Maryland tax. This dealer was $200 cheaper than all the other ones i had gone to, let's hope this Touareg will serve me well, didn't get warranty though... might regret this
  • I test-drove both and strongly preferred TDI to gas. The lowest 2 offers for TDI Sport with Nav I got were at 44.5K - above my limit for a new car purchase, but not unreasonable IMHO. I will give it another month or two to see if the dealers will cough up any additional savings, especially with more powerful 2013 TDIs in horizon.
  • It appears Edmunds lists the TDI models eligible for 60-mo, 0% financing although all dealers fiercely deny this. Can anyone shed the light on the correctness of financing details posted on Edmunds? Who should I speak to verify this?
  • Just purchased a 2012 TDI w/Nav for 44K. Was also able to get 0% financing with $0 down, 66 months. Is it a good deal?
  • Hi,

Did you finance it or just buy it in cash? Do you still remember the salesman's name?
  • 0% financing for 66 months. Purchased at Balise VW in West Warwick, RI. Dealt directly with GM. For further details - please PM. This was the last TDI Sport on their lot at the time (1 week ago), but check the inventory with cars.com - you should be able to find a similar or better deal.
  • tvevans1tvevans1 Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    Just leased a 2013 TDI Lux...negotiated price of $50,250....did a one time lease payment of $22K which equates to $584 a month plus tax. Pretty happy with the deal and the vehicle. Not a nickle out of pocket, 15K miles per year.
  • Just purchased 2012 Touareg for $36k. Absolutely love the car so far.
18910111214»