Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I have the package 1 with leatherette seats, 16" alloy wheels, dual climate control, sunroof, etc. It is in perfect condition with only 14K miles for $17,300. It bluebooks for about $5,000 more than that, so I feel pretty good about the purchase. And I am loving my "new" car!! :shades:
  • psytenpsyten Posts: 13
    I just got an email from the local dealership's internet sales representative saying that they are offering up to $3,500 rebates on Wolfsburgs. Is that really the case? Can anyone confirm this or are they simply trying to lure me into the dealership?
  • I'd love to see what the rebates consist of, ask thme the OTD price after rebates. THat will guage what they are charging . It they wont give it to yo uthen you know they are full of it. I negotiated 20.5 otd, but I live in VA, so yo umay be able to do better depending on were you live
  • cuweindcuweind Posts: 11
    I was quoted a base 2007 jetta 5spd with no other options for 14995$ under new college grad financing in the Boston are of MA. I am new and do not know if that is a car worth investing money as I want to make it last for at least 5yrs without any problems. Please share your insight on the same.Also reply with the insurance quotes you might have had known for 25yrs and above.
  • Hi,

Today I purchased a 2006 2.0T with:

- Package #1
    - Silver exterior & black leather interior
    - Tiptronic transmission
    - 8000 miles

I paid $22500 OTD. Was that a good price?
  • Just 2 days ago, I got the 2007 Jetta Wolfburg Black w/ Black interior for 20,700 OTD (Includes everything, tax, tags, etc). They were having a special until Sept 4th for 0% APR for 48 months, so I got it for 0%.

I had 2 VW dealers fighting back and forth and finally they both offered the same price, but one offered $500 more for my trade in so I went w/ them. Took about 3 days of haggling back and forth between the 2. They started around 24,000 and then I got them down to 19,600 before tax, tags, etc.
  • ~3 weeks ago at a Seattle area dealership, got a 2007 Jetta Wolfsburg for $19,000 before TTL.
  • What are the going prices for 2008 or 2007 Jetta SE in the NY metro area?
  • What is the HP on the 2008 Wolfsberg Jetta?
    Is it 150 or 170?
  • 2008 models have 170HP. I don't think there is a 2008 Wolfsburg edition but the SE model has the same features that the Wolfsburg had (but a better stereo). I just closed a deal today on a 2008 SE with tiptronic for 21,386 OTD and the dealer is going to deliver it Saturday morning. We are 100 miles away from this dealer. This was only $386 more than the dealer quoted me on a 2007 Wolfsburg, so to me this is the better deal.
  • Where did you buy your jetta & how is it so far?
  • We got it in NC and it is for our daughter who is in college. I only drove it a couple of times before we gave it to her. I was totally impressed with the car. The car has plenty of pep and handles nicely. The build quality seems to be excellent. The only complaint I have is that I am not driving it!
  • Is this site dead or what?!
    Perhaps no one is buying Jettas anymore! ">
  • I'll be at a dealer this weekend looking at the 2007 Wolfsburg Edition and the 2008 SE.

What were the packages/options on your 2008 SE Jetta? What was the total sticker price and the price you paid (excluding tax, license, and fees)?
  • Tiptronic with options? What was the total "sticker" price: MSRP, packages/options, and delivery?
  • The only option was the mat kit. Sticker was 21660 and I paid 20320 + 389 Doc fee +608.13 tax + 68 License = 21385.13. I wish I had waited a week because they are now offering financing deals. It is reflex silver with the dark gray interior.
  • Dear hosts,
    What is a fair price for 2008 SE Jetta Automatic in the north east?
  • Hoping that more posters will share their pricing and deal info. Will soon be getting quotes in Boston area which I will share.
  • crikeycrikey Posts: 1,038
    for $21,499 + taxes.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,679
    How much is that under MSRP?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

MSRP is $26,010. Invoice is $24,272.
  • Dear all,

18% below MSRP for the GLI? Given current supply and demand for the SE, is it reasonable to aim for similar price? Thanks.
    The dealership I bought it from were aggressively moving their 2007 inventory. If you want, I can get you in touch with the Internet Manager for the dealership.

I did the whole transaction via eMail and only set foot at the dealership when I took delivery of the vehicle. It was pretty painless. I had no trade-in and financed with my credit union.
  • In Boston area, just got 2 quotes- car only, not OTD - for an SE with auto, iPod connector and sunroof wind deflector. One at 20,950 and other at 20,770. Am unimpressed, but more dealers to hear from.

Anyone have recent 08 SE purchase prices to share?
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    What does the SE come with?

The Sandman :)
  • Would you please post your buying experience and the price paid for the SE + destination + manufacturer's expenses + doc fees, etc ?

Thanks in advance
  • VW USA has FINALLY updated their website. All three Jetta models are detailed.
  • Update - got a quote on an SE with auto, iPod adapter and moonroof wind deflector of $19,998 inc destination charge from a grtr Boston dealer, plus a low doc fee of $179. I will negotiate hard from there.

Have decided on the Jetta SE over the Volvo S40, which I was leaning toward - I saw the two as very natural competitors. Jetta is a better value, at least $5500 less than comparable S40, with better depreciation predicted.
  • MSRP: $17,760
    Invoice: $16,830
    Negotiated price: $16,700
    Trade-in: $4,400 (2000 Jetta GLS manual 94,200 miles)
    VW Discount for VW owners: $1,000
    Final price: $11,300
    TTL: $1,220 (California)
    OTD: $12,520

Also got 3.9% financing for 36 months and first payment paid by VW using college graduate program for my wife.

The deal was reached in the City VW, San Diego, dealership after 15 minutes of easy negotitations. Maybe I could have gone couple of hundreds lower but I got what I wanted so I was happy. We stayed there about three hours to finish the paperwork and while we were there not a single person came to look at the cars, let alone test-drive or buy one.

Overall pleasent experience with few dirty tricks on their part like giving me wrong invoice price and few not-so-dirty ones on my side like telling them I wanted laser blue color they didn't have on the lot so they gave me free floor mats if I took the silver, which is what I wanted anyways.

I liked the car and I hope to bring it home tomorrow. Could have done it today (I picked a car from the lot) but didn't bring my car title for the trade-in car with me.