Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ggeeooggeeoo Posts: 94
    In January I purchased to my delight a TDI Sportswagon it is white with a cornsilk interior. My wife Just replaced her 2005 Mini with a new TDI sedan Candy white
    and a cornsilk interior . The Sedan has Chrome in the headlight and the wagon is a black mat finish inside the headlight any idea if there is a difference? We both average 39 MPG LOCAL DRIVING AND 56 ON THE OPEN ROAD. We are paying a low of 3.05 a gallon . I recently drove a Jeep compass through Iowa and noticed B 20 selling for 1.84 per gallon can anyone verify that. Ps I bought our TDI at Capo VW
    nice people.
  • joe,
    I love the price you paid. Can you share your salesman and dealer info. Also does yours have automatic transmission or sunroof or any other package/
    thanks
  • prsiiprsii Posts: 15
    edited September 2010
    Anyone know what the Sept 2010 Incentives are? I'm looking for a Jetta Limited Edition.
  • Lease payments are 199.00/month on a decently equipped model. Dealers are cutting the best deals of the year to clear out the 2010 models, hence I bet the 199/month can go down since the price is roughly based on MSRP plus residual value. VW has a good idea re: residual value for this model is almost unchanged since 2005.
  • If I'm not mistaken you can only use b5
  • look on the vw web page. and contact your local dealer they may be willing to slash prices even more
  • does anyone think this is a good price on a fully loaded sportswagen SE 2010 selling for 24576. OTD after taxes and fees 26664. hopefully i did it was below the TMV.
  • My new 2010 SportWagen is parked in the driveway! Here's how it broke down.

2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI with DSG
    Rubber Mat Kit
    Ipod Adapter

Sticker was $26,889. Dealer had previously added window tinting and some Paint and Fabric Protectant for an additional $899.95. It's something they do to every car, and it was the first thing to negotiate off. All told I signed papers for $26,000 plus doc fee. Dealer was Springfield Imports in Springfield, MO.
  • Anybody know when we can expect to start seeing the 2011 models at the dealerships?
  • fho2008fho2008 Posts: 393
    I would think any day now......I heard October but who really knows?

Are you wanting the JettaV or VI (new, decontented Jetta)

I wanna see one in person, but so far am dissapointed with all the changes to the Jetta.
  • Anyone have some advice for a newbie? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should get the new JSW. Currently I drive a 05 Passat, GLX 4 mo. 55k mi. It's a great ride, but gulps gas. I have looked at the new JSW and while I'm impressed with the tdi mileage, I'm a little concerned with the reviews of the problems they've been having with the DSG, stahling and something called the hpfp? Not sure what that is, but regardless, what are your thoughts.
    My closest dealership is CVM in central PA. Anyone have any thoughts on them as well? Thanks.
  • fho2008fho2008 Posts: 393
    My '08 is great, they didnt have the TDI at the time so I cant comment on that, but I did get to test drive one later on it had awesome MPG!! I do have the DSG and getting close to 30k miles no problems with it.
  • I can say that I had similar concerns. I used to have a 2002 Passat W8. The thing was a blast to drive, when it wasn't in the shop. Eventually it got bought back because of the Lemon Law. Historically, VW does not have nearly as many issues with the TDI models as it does with the gas models. I absolutely would NOT own a gas VW. Period. But I did just buy a TDI JSW. It helped that my dealership offers a Limited Lifetime Powertrain Warranty, as long as all my service is performed at a VW dealership. That gave me a little more peace of mind.
  • merckxmerckx Posts: 565
    I'm thinking of buying a 2011 manual shift Jetta S. With mats and destination it lists for exactly $17,000. i've been offered $16,400...Is this a good price?
  • I am trying to buy a 2011 Jetta S, auto transmission, 4 door, 4 cylinder gasline, no sunroof.

MSRP: $18,100

Sale Price: $16,800

Sales Tax: 1,643.36

Document Fee: $55

Tire Tax: $8.75

DMV License Fee: $195

DMV Registration: $56

Smog Abatement: $20

County Fee: $10

Total: $18,788.1

I am in southern california, and I live in pasadena, CA. I contacted local dealers and got the best Quote right now is $18,500 out the door price, is it a good deal? Please give me some idea.
  • steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    according to edmunds.com invoice price for this car includeing the floor mats and destination charge is 15,500.00 so you should be able to do better than the 16,400.00 that you were quoted.that's 1000.00 over the invoice price for just the basic jetta.
  • Is the TDI tax credit valid for the 2011 model year Jetta if purchased in 2010, or must it be the 2010 model year car?
  • Leased car 5 weeks ago for 306. month now dealer says they forgot the sales tax and wants me to redo the contract. is this legal? Im in California which has no cooling off law.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,885
    Tell them if they won't re-write the contract for the same payment, you'll just bring the car back...

Sometimes, actual mistakes occur that cause the leasing company to reject a contract (wrong residual used, etc.). If the contract is rejected, then you have to sign a new one, or return the car.. It isn't like you can keep driving their car with no registration..

But, if you were told you were leasing the car for $306/mo. total, and that's what your contract shows, you have the upper hand. This could be a ploy to get more money out of you (less likely), or the F&I office screwed up the deal, and now realize they sold the car $2000 too cheap (more likely)..

Either way, it's their problem.. but, you can't just keep the car.. You have leverage. Be willing to take the car back, and stick to your guns... I get the feeling you will sign a new contract for the same price, if they actually screwed up the paperwork.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• vigorlovervigorlover Posts: 40
    edited December 2010
    At the dealer today I was offered a 2011 JSW TDI, DSG, with the only option being the panoramic sunroof (MSRP $27,900), for $24,893 plus CA fees. With tax and license total comes to $27,634. How does that stack up with anything you folks are seeing out there? Seems pretty good to me, better than what other dealers have offered over email.

One question regarding the wheels: how do folks feel about the stock 16" wheels vs the 17" Porto wheels? I could add the 17" wheels for $380. This car will be for my girlfriend, who is not an aggressive driver.

Thanks in advance for any input!
  • Just signed the lease today. I think I got a fairly good deal. I paid only inception fees down (they paid first month's payment) so all I put up front was 1050 bucks...and I'm at 245/month (260 w/ tax). I'm fairly happy. Does anyone know if this was a good deal?
  • @vigorlover, as far as I can tell the price you've been quoted is well below invoice. Which dealer provided the quote? I would jump on this.
  • I signed the deal with Sunnyvale VW for $25,149 (including destination) for a 2011 Platinum Grey JSW TDI, DSG, with the sunroomf and wheel package. Still qualifies for the federal tax credit, just in time. Interestingly, the VW dealers I spoke with were more willing to deal on the 2011 JSWs than the few leftover 2010s they had. For the JSW, 2011 is the same as 2010 (they just modified what options were available in various packages, but same car, not switched to new platform like the sedan is).
  • That seems like a decent deal. I hope my brother can get the same deal in Sunnyvale.

My brother is looking at buying the same model, and the Santa Cruz dealership wants to charge him an extra $3000 on top of MSRP at this time. Has anyone else heard of this extra fee they are tacking on? Is it just this one dealership, or is it California-wide, or nationwide?

What are others' buying their 2011 JSW TDI for this month (please don't include TTL b/c it varies so much)?

Thanks for any info!

Maria
  • marta61marta61 Posts: 2
    I bought the 2011 Sala Red Jetta Sportswagen TDI from Stevens Creek VW in San Jose, CA for $27,775 + TTL with the Panoramic sunroof, upgraded 17" wheels, floor mats, rear airbags, and side moulding. This was Javier's first sale and the whole team was fantastic to deal with. We bought it on March 13, 2011. Absolutely love the car and getting great gas mileage!
    I have one it has 14,998 miles I get compliments all the time on it's style. Wait
    til you take it for a 7 hour ride . I drove to from Newport Beach to Tempe AZ
    on 3/4 of a tank of fuel. Sign up for a Pen Fed Credit Card and get 5% back on all fuel that knocks the 4.25 at Vallero to 4.03. The only design change I would make and have made is to put vinyl protector on top of rear bumper to
    protect it when talking gear in and out of the tailgate. You can get a roll of it at Pepboys if your not handy a tint shop can install it.
    My CPAP machine broke when blew a fuse on the board. I mention this b/c there is no site that offers advice on fixing appliances. I sent the CPAP to Medical equipment repair place but they could not repair it or find anyone else. I took the bull \by the horns. With a voltmeter and some help from Mar Vac in Costa Mesa. Found that the fuse was actually soldered onto the board where the power adapter 12 volt comes in logical. Then he sold me 1.99 fuse and problem fixed.I simply soldered a new fuse right on top of the old fuse and my 400.00 machine works
    again. Our community is a large one so share your successes it might help someone else. I am
    sure there are electronic boards that fail in cars that can be fixed like this.
  • marta61marta61 Posts: 2
    That's a great tip on the rear bumper protection. Took it out with golf clubs today and was worried as I dragged a few things across the bumper. Leaving in 10 days to go to time share at Newport Beach, CA Marriott Villas. Looking forward to the trip and getting there in 1 tank of gas!!!
  • What kind of lease deals are guys getting who have a Jetta SEL with Sunroof ... I would just like to have some of your expertise before I head out into the wild haha - do any of you use truecar.com for the lease purchase price as well?? Looking for a 3 year 12000miles and I think MSRP is approx $24,165

Thank you guys :-) 

This will be my first lease so I want to do it right and not get ripped off too bad haha
  • goatcartergoatcarter Posts: 1
    Dealership in NJ is pushing a new Sportwagen TDI DSG with the only option being pano sunroof (and protection package which is of limited interest to me) for 26,730 including destination. Out the door about 29,130.

Dealer claims there's no more wiggle room, as this is just below invoice, but I see @vigorlover (#678) buying the same car in CA with 17" wheels as well for $25,149 in December. Gives me pause. I don't want to be unreasonable/unrealistic but I am willing to wait for the best deal. Any thoughts on going rate would be much appreciated.

Also, would one ever convince the dealer to throw in installation of an ipod adapter? This particular car doesn't have the premium package with navigation, etc. Thanks for any input.