Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1181920212224»

Comments

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,689
    Sounds like a really good deal with all those goodies. Have driven the Jetta and it really is a nice daily driver. All the extra's just add to the fun of the car. Personally, I really like the red and blue colors. They have a red one at the Mazda dealer across the street I'd love to test drive. Still afraid of all the electrical gremlins that seem to plague VW's and their coil pack issues so doubt I'd ever purchase one but one never knows what the future will hold!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• ironmantkironmantk Posts: 10
    Usaa had a $2100 of this model (runs of truecar but a little better deal): Then I got lucky with a $422 price beater in Orlando VW and to my surprise my local Brandon dealer matched the deal + $200 for driving in the color we wanted! OTD $28,200.00 with a tag transfer. For those who want to know I drove this model around town and compared it to the tdi; tdi did great in town of 38mpg driven lightly, but the hybrid beat it with 47mpg driven lightly! We end up in car lines for children that would hurt our mpg in tdi too, so we did think too hard between the models ... i just hope resale is close to the stealer TDI (best in country!)!
  • ironmantkironmantk Posts: 10
    By the way Usaa did a 60 mo. 1.75% finance deal!!! I also got upgraded 17" wheel & tire package for $545 (passat new take off wheels) and a leather interior$1100 installed. Can I post pictures here?
  • I just purchased a 2013 Jetta TDI with DSG. Sticker price was $25,055, which included floormats ($235), first aid kit ($35), and a credit of $100 for non-power driver's seat.

Purchase price was $21,500, plus 6% sales tax of $1,343.75, doc fee of $179, and license fees of approximately $165, for an OTD price of $23,200.

I also got 0% financing for 36 months and VW of America is paying the first monthly payment of $500 which effectively lowers the price to $21,000 plus TTL. The car had been in inventory for 6 months and I think they were motivated to move it. I ended up with a better deal than I thought possible. The dealership experience was professional...no gimmicks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,835
    Holy cow! $3500 off sticker on a diesel? Things really have changed.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• The deal offerred by the dealer was on that car only. I could not substitute the price for a different color combo which was fine as the color combo of platinum gray/black was acceptable. I know the car had been there for six months based on the date of the state safety inspection sticker. It had been stored at an off-site lot and only had 10 miles on the odometer. I am not sure why the price on that car was so aggressive, but I guess I was at the right place at the right time. i originally went in to look at a SE convenience package 2.5, but was willing to reach for a TDI at that price.
  • I just got my Jetta S in NY for 169/month and 2190 due at signing including all taxes and fees. Awesome car and its good on gas.
  • rrocksrrocks Posts: 13
    Just purchased a 2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium and Navigation.
    17" wheels part of the package
    Plus TDI mats.
    $25,500 plus tax and DMV fees
    What makes this deal incredible is that they also bought out a lease which had 13 months to go.
    Commonwealth VW in Santa Ana. Alex is a chill sales guy.
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,550
    '..bought out a lease which had 13 months to go. '
    Wow.
    1 - Congrats!
    2 - Exactly how does something like that work?
    - Ray
    5 months left on a lease....
  • rrocksrrocks Posts: 13
    @rayainsw, I think this was possible because the lease was through VW and the dealer I went to runs a healthy used VW/Audi facility. In other words, they got the payoff amount from VW and agreed to buy the car for that amount. BEFORE signing for the Jetta, we signed the paper selling them the leased car.

I would be very careful working out this type of situation because you are basically doing two negotiations -- one selling them your lease and another for the price of the new car. Some factors are whether they are interested in your (used) leased car and whether you owe more on the lease payoff than they are willing to pay. And also if they really want to sell the car you are buying.
  • I've been getting prices for 2013 Sportwagens (sunroof, nav, and matts) from dealers in North Carolina.

MSRP is $30560.

Best price I have is $29387.55 out the door (tax, title, reg included) with 0.0% / 60 month financing.

How does this sound?