Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dbtdbt Posts: 298
    Long time Doug. You still have your 330 convertible?

Clunker craze is just that. I'd wait.
  • Hello everyone. I am torn between leasing or buying the 2009 Jetta.

Solely looking at value (depreciation, etc.), would it be better leasing or buying? Enlighten me please. Thank you.
  • doug889doug889 Posts: 60
    Yeah, it's been a long time since I posted here but I have been lurking on and off. I sold the 330 convertible few years ago and bought a 750i, a hell of a car I must say. Now the boy is learning to drive, I don't really want him to practice with my 750 or the wife's MDX, they are too big and too wide for him. I want to get him a Jetta SE. I know it's not the most reliable car out there but when I closed the door of the Jetta, I know it's a much more solid car than the Civic or the Corola or most other compact cars.

I sent emails to two dealers but they don't even bother to respond. Must be too busy with cash for clunker.

I think I will wait a bit, the 2010 model will be out anytime.

Regards.
  • ptn206ptn206 Posts: 1
    MSRP: 22,198 With clunker, it was $14,500 out the door. I'm quite psyched. Love the stick.. Love the car..
  • dru37dru37 Posts: 4
    Just bought a Candy White Jetta SE automatic with bluetooth and premium ipod for $21,500 plus doc fees of $580 and sales tax. They didn't want to budge on the price, but I was able to squeeze hard on the value of my trade-in.
  • doug889doug889 Posts: 60
    This is the Jetta SE with the exact options I am looking for. The MSRP including freight is $22,543. Local dealers have them for $20,000 to $21,700 (including freight, excluding doc. fee and taxes). I haven't tried to get qoates from dealers. Some dealers already have some 2010 Jettas on their lots. Hopefully with the 2010 model arriving and the cash for clunker program ending tomorrow, dealers should be more motivated to clear their 2009 models.
  • We just bought a 09 SE Jetta with what the dealer here in Miami,FL called the Southeastern package (17' inch rims,ipod adapter,Bluetooth,6 disc cd changer) for $21,500, didnt want to budge much in final sales price, seems to be a few 100 under Invoice. Was this a decent deal? I love the car though!
  • Hi, could you tell me which dealer you went to? I am planning to buy a 2009 Jetta SE in NJ this week as well. Thanks
  • I leased my Jetta SE last Nov from Young VW in Easton, PA, which may not be too far from you. I forget the final price but my lease is $300/month. I'm actually thinking of selling mine. I've only got 7000 mi on it and the lease buyout is around $18,000. That puts me at about a grand under blue book.
  • I just bought a 09 Jetta S Auto + 16" Alloy last week, TX. The d.o. price was 19k, is this an ok deal? Overall, I like this car. But I found a problem that stick shift does not feels smooth enough while shifting between P, R, D, S. Wondering if this is a common problem or it'll be getting smoother along with break-in.
  • Anyone recently purchase a 2010 TDI sedan. Looking to get one soon . Is anyone discounting them to spur DEAD sales for this Fall?????? I notice alot of 2009 leftovers but I like the 2010 model better.
  • Hi, I like this car too and is currently looking for one. What do you mean d.o? Do you mind share the out of door price? Thanks.
  • rbk3rbk3 Posts: 34
    2010 Wolfsburg, msrp $24015.00. Sale price $22000.00, plus $462.00 (B.S. Charge), plus tax & doc fee.

Price: 22,462.00? It sounds okay, but there is tons of inventory and very few buyers.
  • fho2008fho2008 Posts: 393
    09 TDI's? Cant find em around here, where do they have em?
  • I just bought a 2010 TDI near Fredericksburg VA 24450 plus tax out the door. No sunroof, no 17 wheels and no navigation. otherwise loaded.
  • Do you happen to have the lease numbers for both the 2010 and 2009 VW Jetta's...all trim levels if possible? Thanks.
  • Have you already purchased your 2010 TDI wagon? If not, I know of an untitled one with 1000 miles on in Columbia SC. The dealer Wray VW is selling it back of invoice. (Silver / dark interior, roof, 17" wheels, DSG trans.mat kit) MSRP 28,125. Hope this helps.
  • guzzguzz Posts: 1
    Finally bought 2010 Jetta SE Blue Graphite with floor mat option for $20,1xx at Stevens Creek VW, San Jose, CA. The whole process was smooth and the Sales team Riaz Ahmed and Raja Tharmaraja were awesome. First time me and my wife felt comfortable talking to a Salesman. Would recommend this team to anybody.
  • Hello, I need some help with the following deal, my girlfriend is trying to get out of her old car but is currently upside down by about 3500 bucks.. (thanks to the service contract she bought and god knows what else at the closing.........this was before I as with her, it never would of happened on my watch, lol)

it's a 2006 jeep commander base model with 4X4, 26,000 miles. (kbb and edmunds say trade in is about 12,000, private party about 14,000 and dealer retail a little over 16,000)

heres their offer

2010 jetta SE, 5speed manual. $21,360
    Trade: 2006 Jeep commander 4X4 $14,300
    Down payment $2,000
    reg/dealer fees $400

60 months @ 1.9% = 410 a month

now the jetta is being sold at MSRP, the salesmen said they added 800 to the value of the car instead of taking it off the sticker of the car as "its better for tax purposes"

after everything, I figured their max profit on the car (with 2% holdback) to be about 1600 bucks. the 2 other dealers we saw were only going to give 12k or 12,500 for the jeep so im thinking this is a decent deal.

I was going to counter with this:

2010 jetta SE, 5speed manual. $20,900
    Trade: 2006 Jeep commander 4X4 $14,300
    Down payment $2,000
    reg/dealer fees $400

60 months @1.9 = $399 month

thoughts? is this a good approach? should I try and go lower? are there any hidden cash to dealer incentives that im not aware of?

thanks in advance!
  • Just bought 1996 VW JETTA (GL) with 107,000 miles. Does anyone has same year,how does it drive? Any after market parts.