Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,203
    Actually, now you know what the retail value is so take off 1500 -2000 and expect that in trade. Does that match up to what you were told?
  • dwpcdwpc Posts: 159
    Ha!. They offered me less than 50% of their online price. That's why I walked.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,203
    Go back with the facts and ask for a fair deal. Nothing to lose.
  • sksnsksn Posts: 4
    i did several rounds of emails with dealers in socal and finally got the lowest offer. It took about a week to get to it.

I bought my car from pasadena.
  • jpmnovajpmnova Posts: 15
    Does anyone have any sense (or guess) of whether VW will be bringing back the 0% APR financing rate? I know they are now offering 1.9% and some other carmakers seem to still be offering 0%. VW's sales seem to really be improving, so they may not need to go back down on the rate. Appreciate your thoughts, as I'm considering buying a Jetta this month or next.
  • vladibvladib Posts: 1
    So I see a 2008 VW Jetta S, manual transmission with about 45k miles. Price says 13,999. I tell the dealer I'm just test driving cars right now, not ready to buy. I test drove the Jetta, it drove fine, just a little sensation of vibration on my foot from the clutch and brake.

Well, he didn't want to leave without a sale, so right before I step off the the lot, he says, "What if I sold it to you for $10,000? Well, I didn't have my financing in order yet, so I still said no. But damn!

Well, almost a month has gone by, and the car is still on the lot. I feel like going back to the dealership, finding the manager that made me that offer and telling him, Remember when you offered me $10,000?..."

I am just concerned about that vibration I felt on my foot. Also, the brake and clutch didn't have much tread left on them—my foot was slipping a bit on them.

Anyway, I am thinking about taking the car to my mechanic, and driving back and offering him $10,000 on the condition that the vibration be fixed. What do you think?
  • faf_01faf_01 Posts: 6
    Looking to lease a car for my daughter...
    Here are the numbers:
    MSRP $19,620.00
    36 months/30k miles
    payment- $235.02/month (NY state tax of $750.53 is included).
    Purchase option/residual - $11,141.00
    Due at signing - $1291.49 = 1st month, bank fee ($625.00), dmv/doc fees ($363.50), tag/dealer tax/fee ($67.97)

Is it a very good deal or it can be better?
  • ciccofishciccofish Posts: 3
    My daughter just purchased a 2010 Jetta LE for under $17K in the SF area. Anybody know what's up??
  • conger14conger14 Posts: 25
    Hi,

I have an offer of MSRP 19469
    Sale Price 18886
    DMV fees etc 297.50
    Tax (8% Franklin Cty NY) 1510.88
    Total cost 20693
    monthly payment 60 mos
    0% APR 0 down 344.88

so far this is the only deal I have received but I wanted to see what people might be getting in NY for a finance deal with 10 jettas?

Stephen
  • 2010 Jetta Limited Edition
    w/Rubber Mat Kit
    w/Ipod Adapter

$20,000.40 OTD (tax rate is 3%)
    Also got the 0% for 60 months
    $333.34 mth (financed all of it)

Bought on last day of the month

The basic radio system is really the only drawback.

Your experience may vary!
  • ggeeooggeeoo Posts: 94
    In January I purchased to my delight a TDI Sportswagon it is white with a cornsilk interior. My wife Just replaced her 2005 Mini with a new TDI sedan Candy white
    and a cornsilk interior . The Sedan has Chrome in the headlight and the wagon is a black mat finish inside the headlight any idea if there is a difference? We both average 39 MPG LOCAL DRIVING AND 56 ON THE OPEN ROAD. We are paying a low of 3.05 a gallon . I recently drove a Jeep compass through Iowa and noticed B 20 selling for 1.84 per gallon can anyone verify that. Ps I bought our TDI at Capo VW
    nice people.
  • joe,
    I love the price you paid. Can you share your salesman and dealer info. Also does yours have automatic transmission or sunroof or any other package/
    thanks
  • prsiiprsii Posts: 15
    edited September 2010
    Anyone know what the Sept 2010 Incentives are? I'm looking for a Jetta Limited Edition.
  • Lease payments are 199.00/month on a decently equipped model. Dealers are cutting the best deals of the year to clear out the 2010 models, hence I bet the 199/month can go down since the price is roughly based on MSRP plus residual value. VW has a good idea re: residual value for this model is almost unchanged since 2005.
  • If I'm not mistaken you can only use b5
  • look on the vw web page. and contact your local dealer they may be willing to slash prices even more
  • does anyone think this is a good price on a fully loaded sportswagen SE 2010 selling for 24576. OTD after taxes and fees 26664. hopefully i did it was below the TMV.
  • My new 2010 SportWagen is parked in the driveway! Here's how it broke down.

2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI with DSG
    Rubber Mat Kit
    Ipod Adapter

Sticker was $26,889. Dealer had previously added window tinting and some Paint and Fabric Protectant for an additional $899.95. It's something they do to every car, and it was the first thing to negotiate off. All told I signed papers for $26,000 plus doc fee. Dealer was Springfield Imports in Springfield, MO.
  • Anybody know when we can expect to start seeing the 2011 models at the dealerships?
  • fho2008fho2008 Posts: 393
    I would think any day now......I heard October but who really knows?

Are you wanting the JettaV or VI (new, decontented Jetta)

I wanna see one in person, but so far am dissapointed with all the changes to the Jetta.