Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

Comments

• Check out Avalanche overview for more on the 2007 Avalanche.
  • Check out 2007 Pricing for pricing info.
  • Check out 2007 Avalanche Specs for the specs on the 2007 Avalanche.
  • edgar6edgar6 Posts: 1
    i was passing thro the store of chevy trucks and i was amazed becouse i sew the 2007 avalanche and i could not belive it it had come out allready
  • arkitectarkitect Posts: 75
    I was looking around at my local Chevrolet dealer and I saw a new Avalanche 2x4 LT, it was nicely equiped and it was under 40 thousand. It had a sunroof, leather interior, wood console/dash trim, and it seemed a lot taller than the 06 Ave as well as being longer.
  • mlbendermlbender Posts: 3
    AWESOME!! That's the only way I can describe my new '07 LTZ in Sunburst Orange (just like the ads!). I was debating between the '07 and '06 and there really is no comparison. Everything is upgraded, from the interior to the new DispacementOnDemand 5.3. We got every option but the Nav system and the rear-view camera. Still trying to learn everything! Put about 100 miles on it the first day, and it drives like a dream!
  • parsellparsell Posts: 1
    Price Reduction is questionable.. If you make a comparison of 2006 and 2007 Avalanche prices you will find that the MSRP or sticker price is indeed lowered about $2000. Problem is.. the invoice amount or price the factory charges dealers for the vehicle is UNCHANGED. This just limits the amount the dealer can give away in negotiations with the customer with this lower mark-up.. GM still got the same price. They mislead in saying price reduced.
  • Just announced this PM. A $2K trade in incentive along with a $1K dealer rebate on the 07' Avalanche.
  • Anyone know if the 2007 Avalanche comes with a transmission cooler. I looked under the hood of one and it looks like it has the connections from the radiator to the tranny area, but did not get a close look. It comes with a hitch and most vehicle sold with a towing package do have the cooler. Anyone know for sure or do you have to have one installed. Also, what about a break controller?
  • The 4.10 rear end option comes with the transmission cooler. The 3.73 requires the transmission cooler to be checked on the options list if you want it.
  • I would like to change my bulbs to Silverstars or PIAA lights, but can't figure out how to get the assembly out. Anyone try this yet?
  • marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,661
    Avalanche is, and I really like the design with the midgate, the vehicle is so large, and the rear gate seems to angle upwards and block almost all your rear view...

It would be nice if, just like the Explorer is a downsized Expedition (altho Explorer was first, I know) I would like to see a downsized Avalanche about the size of a midsize, like the Explorer...I assume that the Avalanche is built on a full size Tahoe frame, maybe something just a little smaller, with the exact design they now have...maybe an 85% size model, and maybe take the shifter off the column like Ford finally did with the Explorer...

I only use the Explorer as an example of the right size, not the right vehicle...
  • ahightowerahightower DFWPosts: 427
    I think they called that the Envoy XUV, and they sold about 14 of 'em.
    doggone...I never knew that's what it was...thanks...
  • I think the Honda looks more like the Avalanche, seeing how the Av's shape was around first. And I have a relative who has a 02 Escalade EXT. when the 07 AV is right next to it, and the trunk beds are open, you can see the difference in depth. It appears to be deeper and taller. The 2"s I believe were lost in the engine bay. The front appears to be shorter.
  • emaleemale Posts: 1,380
    anybody know when the avalanche is gonna be available with the 6l v8? and will that motor have the new 6L80E tranny with it?? thanks,

troy
  • Anyone having problems. Taking to dealer tomorrow. On Tuesday, during drive home from work, I had no problems or indications of a problem. On Wednesday, key thob would not unlock door. Other thob had same result. Opened with key and no alarm like it should have had. Key in ingnition and just a click. Put charger on it, only 3Vs on battery. Jumped with charger and it started. Let run awhile. Tested Alternator with no load and cAlternator tester read good. Tested with load and it said read bad. I live in AZ so almost always run under load with AC and Radio always on. It looks like a charging problems and we'll see tomorrow. Has anyone else had problems like this on the new 2007 Chevy Avalanches or other 2007 Chevy trucks with a similiar electrical system.

Oh yeah, the darn thing is only thrree months old. I had a Tundra prior to this Av. I had the Tundra for 4 yearswith zero problems. The Tundra was the first time I strayed from American vehicles and I strayed becuase of quality and reliability problems like this. I took a chance this time and if the American dealer product are still unreliable, I will turn back forever to the Japanese.
  • Hmmm. I heard from my neighbor that someone had bought a new Tahoe and within a week had to have the battery replaced. Bad batch??? If so, I'm sure we'll be hearing more along these lines. Anyhow, for all your new 2007 Avalanche and other 2007 Chevy owners, keep an eye out for this problem. I took delivery in August. Problem surfaced on Nov 20th with 3000 miles.
  • kw5kwkw5kw Posts: 19
    I just really love my '07 Ave 3LT that replaced my '04 Ave Z66 that replaced my '02 Ave LS. It's the best of all three that I've had so far, and, by far, the most powerful. I had no problems in the mountains of Colorado this past September, or when I was pulling my 30' Travel Trailer from DFW to Amarillo a few weeks back.

I bought it and then I ordered an '07 Impala LTZ because I wanted the 3.9 with active fuel management.

Russ
    an Avalanche in traffic, it seems to me that the view out the rear windshield is very limited, as the perspective looks like the tailgate (and the height of the rear bedwalls) stick way up, giving you no visibility when backing up...it is that way when you are inside looking out???...I remember having poor visibility when backing up in my Intrepid and it drove me nuts, like a giant blind spot...all I could do was back up slowly and wait for someone to honk their horn...:):):)