Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

wsag26wsag26 Posts: 124
edited September 12 in Chevrolet
I'm not sure, so I won't post, but over the internet I saw some pictures of the 2006 Tahoe and Avalanche. Both rears look the same, and the front looks very good. If any of the hosts would give me permission to post a 2006 Tahoe picture found in Popular Mechanics magazine. It was scanned by a person and I have the web address.

Comments

• theo2709theo2709 Posts: 476
    The Popular Mechanics one is a CGI. There is another pic of the profile of the new Tahoe, which is legit. See the "2005 Silverado Facelift" thread for more info.
  • wsag26wsag26 Posts: 124
    I will not post the Avalanche, because that was a 'spied' picture that might be strictly illegal.

I don't know how to make it a link...but I'm sure copying & pasting is very easy:
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/106016140/115093712ClicrE
  • wsag26wsag26 Posts: 124
    I happen to like the pictures very much. Wait, there is only one..
  • tbcreativetbcreative Posts: 357
    Check it out from the Wieck site:
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Posts: 1,031
    Thank goodness they made the Avalance look good! Oh yea, and same with the Tahoe... :\
  • setzersetzer Posts: 127
    i like the picture of the Suburban, if that is really it.
  • Hi (if there is anyone out there?.....)

I fully expect GM to display a production version of the new Avalanche at the Detroit show in January.

I will be attending, so I will report.

I would imagine that many photos will appear on the net on this site as well as other vehicle-related sites.

The Chevrolet Avalance Owners Club site has posted some grainy shots that DO appear to be the new Avalanche. :blush:
  • biggs2biggs2 Posts: 16
    Is it generally believed that the 2007 ava and escalade ext will be longer than the current versions? I read that the suburban will be. If so, how much? I ask be/c we are looking at buying an ava or esc ext and they just fit in our garage now. I not to buy first model year of any new or major re-design vehicle due to inevitable bugs that they tend to have. This is especially true if GM is really 'rushing' these trucks to market.
  • navigator89navigator89 Posts: 1,080
    These are the first pictures of the Chevrolet Avalanche that I've found.
  • got1bgot1b Posts: 48
    Wow,
    That looks good, Chicago will also unveil the Tundra tomorrow. What a show!
  • With the rounded edges and the missing body hardware, it looks more like the Ridgeline. I know that the Avalanche is bigger and tougher. I owned one for a few years but had to weigh education versus gasoline. The main thing that I don't like about the one pictured and those without the body hardware is that you give up the steps molded into the back bumper. Those came in real handy when trying to tie down bulky loads or just getting into the back of the truck when it was on a slope. I wonder how they are adding two inches to the bed and increasing the interior storage without making it longer?
  • Is there any chance that GM will put a deisel in the new Avalanche? Does anyone know why they didn't put a deisel in the first one?
  • for the 2007 model year. If there was going to be a model with a diesel engine I would've expected it to be in a 3/4 ton vehicle first. I don't believe GM currently has a diesel (Duramax?) engine and transmission sized appropriately for the lighter 1/2 ton or smaller vehicles.
  • Mods, do you have any idea when we can expect to see pricing information available on these vehicles here? I've already read of at least one person that claims to have placed an order. (Asking as someone extremely interested in ordering one myself, but who's interested in determining the financial feasibility first, or at least justifying it to my significant other :P ).
  • I read on another Avalanche enthusiast website that optioned out, the new Av. goes past $50k. That seems shockingly high to me. Although I suppose with $12k in rebates and discounts (Like I am seeing in the newspaper right now on 2006 GM trucks), the price could actually be in the high thirties for a well optioned one. For me, although many would consider it blasphemy, I'd rather have a Ridgeline rt AND a mini Cooper, than a $50k Avalanche. Maybe the new Silverado will be better priced.
  • robey17robey17 Posts: 2
    Hey, I read that the new ava is 2 in. longer. It's not much and I don't see the need...I have an '05 and it does everything I ask it to do. I LOVE IT!!
  • suttersutter Posts: 1
    I am considering purchase. Have heard rear hatch is not airtight and water and snow leak inside.
  • "Pricing Announced for 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, the Industry's Most Flexible Utility Vehicle

Avalanche is third all-new Chevrolet utility priced more than $2,000 less than its predecessor in 3 months

Dallas, Texas -- Chevrolet, America's number one brand, announced pricing today at the Dallas Auto Show for the all-new 2007 Avalanche, the next generation of the industry's most flexible utility vehicle. The 2007 Avalanche LS begins at $32,490; the starting price for an Avalanche LT is $33,170 and the Avalanche LTZ will start at $39,905. All prices include $875 destination freight charge and apply to two-wheel drive models with a standard 5.3L V8.

The 2007 four-wheel drive version of the Avalanche LS has a base price of $35,490, the starting price for the 4WD Avalanche LT is $36,170 and the 4WD Avalanche LTZ starts at $42,905. Vehicle prices include $875 destination freight charge.

Delivering on Chevrolet's promise to be the number one value leader in the marketplace, the all-new 2WD and 4WD 2007 Avalanche LS and LT models are priced more than $2,000 below comparably equipped 2006 Avalanche models. The LTZ trim-level was not offered in 2006. Avalanche is the third all-new Chevrolet utility launched during the past three months that is $2,000 less expensive than its predecessor. The Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban were also priced more than $2,000 less than the previous model-year."
  • Check out Avalanche overview for more on the 2007 Avalanche.
  • Check out 2007 Pricing for pricing info.
  • Check out 2007 Avalanche Specs for the specs on the 2007 Avalanche.
  • edgar6edgar6 Posts: 1
    i was passing thro the store of chevy trucks and i was amazed becouse i sew the 2007 avalanche and i could not belive it it had come out allready
  • arkitectarkitect Posts: 75
    I was looking around at my local Chevrolet dealer and I saw a new Avalanche 2x4 LT, it was nicely equiped and it was under 40 thousand. It had a sunroof, leather interior, wood console/dash trim, and it seemed a lot taller than the 06 Ave as well as being longer.
  • mlbendermlbender Posts: 3
    AWESOME!! That's the only way I can describe my new '07 LTZ in Sunburst Orange (just like the ads!). I was debating between the '07 and '06 and there really is no comparison. Everything is upgraded, from the interior to the new DispacementOnDemand 5.3. We got every option but the Nav system and the rear-view camera. Still trying to learn everything! Put about 100 miles on it the first day, and it drives like a dream!
  • parsellparsell Posts: 1
    Price Reduction is questionable.. If you make a comparison of 2006 and 2007 Avalanche prices you will find that the MSRP or sticker price is indeed lowered about $2000. Problem is.. the invoice amount or price the factory charges dealers for the vehicle is UNCHANGED. This just limits the amount the dealer can give away in negotiations with the customer with this lower mark-up.. GM still got the same price. They mislead in saying price reduced.
  • Just announced this PM. A $2K trade in incentive along with a $1K dealer rebate on the 07' Avalanche.
  • Anyone know if the 2007 Avalanche comes with a transmission cooler. I looked under the hood of one and it looks like it has the connections from the radiator to the tranny area, but did not get a close look. It comes with a hitch and most vehicle sold with a towing package do have the cooler. Anyone know for sure or do you have to have one installed. Also, what about a break controller?
  • The 4.10 rear end option comes with the transmission cooler. The 3.73 requires the transmission cooler to be checked on the options list if you want it.
This discussion has been closed.