Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tacoma 2005+

Comments

• geogeckogeogecko Posts: 225
    Tell the chick to get in the right side back seat, instead of the left side. That should fix it. ;)
  • No I thought I was at a dealership and not a fruitstand!!!!
  • dudleydudley Posts: 9
    Log jumped up an broke the fixed back glass (driver's side) of a DC 05 Tacoma -- estimtes are -- the glass is not for sale have to repalce the whole thing $726 or $1051 -- wonder why Toyota does not have an extra piece of glass they could sell -- dealer I bought it from :confuse: was of absolutly of no help -
  • look at the rubber surrounding the glass. even if you could buy the single peice of fixed glass you would never be able to install it.
  • pb2themaxpb2themax Posts: 471
    Don't go to the dealership for glass repair. Go to a auto glass repair shop. They will be much better and cheaper.
  • dudleydudley Posts: 9
    Here is the deal -- the back window from toyota is $1025 installed (toyota does not do glass it is all subed out) Window itself was $725 OR I could go with an after market window for $419 installed -- it is being done now; so, realy do not know if I can tell a diffenrece -- but went the $419 route. I could not get just the piece of glass any where in Washington DC -- I'm glad that I could even get done what I could and pick it up tonihgt
  • jfigueroa1jfigueroa1 Posts: 209
    Good Day, It,s been a while from my lasttime Iposted in here,The check engine light on my toyota 06 tacoma is on
    right now, I do not have the time to take it to the dealer is there a way to re-set the light?
    thanks
    fig.
    That sounds like the best thing to do...

:sick:
  • The method for resetting it is described in the owner's manual.
  • eaglegeagleg Posts: 87
    With engine off, hold trip meter in and turn the key to the on position.Hold til the ----- click off.
  • jfigueroa1jfigueroa1 Posts: 209
    thanks, eagleg,
    fig
    Well, there is a difference between the "Check Engine" light, and the "Maintenance Required" light. You gave the procedure for resetting the "Maintenance Required" light.

The OP asked about the "Check Engine" light.

But it appears from his response, that he really wanted to know how to reset the "Maintenance Required" light, which is basically just a dumb mileage counter.

The check engine light is something that shouldn't be ignored.
  • wsuiterwsuiter Posts: 6
    can someone please help me out? i have heard a lot about the 63 series air charger and how great it is. so... i ordered one, it came today. all over the box it says for racing only and not street legal. what is everyones take. is it really that big of a deal. i drive my truck on the street all day long. (work and play)
  • tacojohntacojohn Posts: 9
    I wish there were more pics on the website.... I guess you like your cover; how well do the locks work? How does the cover lock the tailgate?
    I have an '05 Taco, dbl cab, long bed. I guess the 6 ft cover will fit.
  • kfaulk45kfaulk45 Posts: 1
    I need to find the color code for my MAF to install a fuel saver resistor. I have a 07 taco access cab with 4.0, help
  • I am thinking of getting the TRD Exhaust. I am wondering if any of that have it are displeased with increased cab noise or vibration?
    Thanks
  • dredoggdredogg Posts: 7
    For all you 2005+ Tacoma owners out there check your truck to see if it is CROOKED. The only way I found out that it was CROOKED is I happened to follow my truck in another vehicle and I could not believe what I was seeing. Toyota replaced both leaf springs and adjusted the bed not to mention elongating the alignment pin whole to fix the dogtracking problem and it is still CROOKED. I've seen many trucks on the road CROOKED as hell and the owner doesn't even know. Toyota is going to have to give me a FREE truck to shut me up!!!!!!
  • This is as funny as can be. Have you seen this mentioned elsewhere as an issue? Ours is on order so now I know to inspect it very well b/c it may be CROOKED! I am interestefd to know if other Taco owners out there have noticed this as well and if so, what is Toyota saying?
  • Um yeah, I just noticed the same thing. I've had truck for 2 years. It has a 3" Revtek front lift w/ rear add-a-leafs. I just put some firestone airbags on the rear, and that's when I noticed the "crookedness." I thought it was my DIY air bag install, but then I let all the air out and the truck was still about 1.5 inches higher on right rear side. So, I measured the front, and it's about 1 inch higher on the right. What can I do now? Toyota will blame it on the lift. The lift will blame it on Toyota!
  • Bought my 06, access cab, prerunner, trd sport, last Oct. Noticed the bed was not mounted staight the day i bought it. Had the dealer staighten it before i brought it home. I've watched my truck drive away from me and it doesn't seem to dogtrack. Alignment is staight when driving.I'm real obsessive about my truck, so i notice anything that's not right. A different issue than the side to side alignment is the height alignment. My truck is also about .5" lower on the drivers side front than on the pass. side. I was told all Tacomas do this since there is more weight on the drivers side, gas tank, battery, etc. Was told that some people are trying stiffer springs. Then, i noticed that the trd off-road has different springs than the trd sport.Not sure if the trd off-road had the same issue or not. Don't think mine has crooked issues as bad as yours dredogg, but i would like mine to be better than it is. I'm probably going to try a really good aftermaket suspension and slight lift.
  • Went to 4wheelparts and they told me not to worry about it, a lot of trucks are off as far as L vs R fender height, etc. However, I wasn't satisfied and went to a local mom and pop shop here in town. The owner told me the same: Mid-sized truck, weaker suspension than full-size trucks, so gas tank may cause slight "crookedness." Anyway, I measured the height from ground to fender on a half tank of gas, and wouldn't you know my inch + difference dropped to a half inch difference. I guess carrying 200+ extra pounds on one side would do that. I'm done buggin'.
  • dredoggdredogg Posts: 7
    I am so glad to hear from other CROOKED tacoma owners because CLEARLY this is a QUALITY CONTROL ISSUE!!!!!!! If there was QC I would not be writing this on this website. I have been to several toyota dealerships and half of the tacoma's were CLEARLY CROOKED!!!! Not all of them are CROOKED but I just happened to get one of them. I was told that also about the slight lean on the drivers side but NOT on a NEW truck!!! It's supposed to happen over time. I was also told that the only manufacture that can MOVE the rear axle is GM. What the dealership did to my rear axle is UNSAFE because my axle can MOVE because of the ELONGATED ALIGNMENT PIN WHOLE. I even have it on VIDEO and I will put it on UTUBE and title it THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FROM toyota!!!
  • alkanalkan Posts: 3
    Hi, anyone knows about the transmission fluid change interval on a 2006 Tacoma V6 5-speed auto PreRunner? There is no dip-stick, & I have checked with 3 different dealerships in Dallas Fort Worth area, & I have got 3 different answers – some say 60k miles for transmission fluid replacement, some say 100k, & some say never.....

Thanks.
    Al.
  • wsuiterwsuiter Posts: 6
    i have been told that it is a sealed transmission and the only time that you need to change it is if there are problems and you have to open it for any reason.
  • alkanalkan Posts: 3
    Thanks wsuiter: It does say in my maintenance booklet to replace fluid at 60k, but some have mentioned that there is synthetic fluid in it & that is long lasting. But, this is all by word of mouth, have not seen it written anywhere though.

Al.
    Make sure it's the maintenance book that came with your Tacoma, and not the generic one that all the dealerships have.

They tried to change mine at 30K, and when they couldn't find the dip stick, realized that it was too early.

The nimrods at the dealerships appear to have no clue, or just don't check, when the real service schedule is.

I am done doing business with one dealership, because they flushed the radiator at 30K, (a 100K service), but didn't service the limited slip diff (which is a 30K service). After complaining, then complaining to Toyota, they never offered to correct the issue, so they lose my business for the life of the truck.

Next time, when I go in, I will take a copy of the service book in, and tell them to do what it says, anything extra they do, they can pay for themselves.
  • hvan3hvan3 Posts: 630
    Check out these nice looking painted running boards for the Tacoma Doublecab....

http://www.google.com/base/a/1559709/D1032592540090741305
    The bottom of those would be chipped up within a year...unless they have some type of plastic undercoating.
    If by warning light, you mean the Maint Required light, then just hold down the trip button (by the odometer) put your key in the ignition, and turn it to the setting just before starting the engine.

You'll see either 000000 00000 0000 000 00 0 and then nothing, or it is dashes ------ ----- ---- --- -- - and then nothing. I always get mine and my wife's car confused. So you have to hold it down until the mileage is finally displayed, which is something like 10 seconds or so.
  • I just checked with our service department about changing transmission fluid and they stated that Toyota put in what they called "world transmission fluid" which you never have to change. Since there is no dipstick, if you find transmission fluid on your garage floor, you won't be able to tell if you have enough fluid left to not ruin your $5000 transmission.

B